Start by marking “I Murdered the PTA” as Want to Read:
I Murdered the PTA

I Murdered the PTA

Daphne Lee-Lee is a rock-and-roll mom caught in the middle of an explosion that shakes her straitlaced hometown’s rigid foundations—and blows up the local PTA. She knows she didn’t kill the ladies she’s dubbed “Cupcakes,” but as the police’s main suspect, Daphne doesn’t have much time to clear her hyphenated name.

Then someone blows up her beloved Volkswagen Beetle, and the
Published (first published June 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about I Murdered the PTA, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Murdered the PTA

Aug 25, 2011 Annie rated it really liked it
I LOVED this book. You immediately jump into the middle of Daphne Lee-Lee's life. She is a rock star/artist mom who is struggling to put her life back together after the death of her husband. Her character was unbelievably witty and had some great one liners. She very much lives by her own rules and is in her own little world sometimes. Her thoughts ramble on, but I did not find it annoying. The author did a good job of balancing her thinking with the actual dialogue and story line.It was usuall ...more
Jan 25, 2012 Connie rated it it was amazing
I Murdered the PTA is a fun, witty mystery. Wendy Dager has a special gift for making the characters seem real. Many of the characters could be people we have all come across at one time or another in our lives. I was especially amused by the way she was able to tap into the little sarcastic voices that live in all of our heads( by way of Daphne's thoughts). The one-liners are hilarious and makes for a very enjoyable read. The story flows smoothly from the first page to the last with a few twist ...more
Aug 01, 2013 Kristi rated it it was amazing
Okay, this is not Shakespeare. However, it is quirky, odd, and hilarious! I loved, loved, loved it. Very quick read, and I just ordered I Murdered the Spelling Bee from Amazon!
Nov 02, 2013 Amanda rated it liked it
This book is totally a chick flick. It has everything one would expect from a Lifetime original movie: sex, scandal, catty women, more sex, multiple murders, a crazy live-in mother, and did I mention sex?

I was drawn to this book because I am a teacher and -- let's face it -- sometimes we teachers would like to murder the PTA, metaphorically speaking. I was not expecting a bomb to go off at a PTA meeting. Neither, apparently, was Daphne Lee-Lee, who is the one being accused of the murder.

So, Ms.
Jan 01, 2014 Brigette rated it it was ok
*** May contain spoilers ***

Gah! What can I say about this book? It pained me in my molars to read it! It was one of those I kept picking up and putting down again. Other than being on the PTA, I couldn't relate to the main character, at all. I didn't understand the "Best friend" relationship between her and her friend. Even though the author tried to tie it up in the end, I feel she did so poorly. It didn't make sense. You try to do what she did, then make up for it in that way, or...?!? Was t
Paulette Mahurin
Aug 26, 2012 Paulette Mahurin rated it it was amazing

If you like Agatha Christie, Sir Arthur Conon Doyle, or Sue Grafton, you'll love Wendy Dager's I Murdered The PTA. This quirky, funny (made me laugh out loud, for real), really good writer, weaves a murder mystery tale, that is sure to keep you on the edge of your seat and guessing right up to the last couple of pages. Dager is contemporary, yet timeless, in her writing and wit, a rare combination, that casts a Asian protagonist, a lesbian-artistic-dark-best friend, a family so real you wonder..
Aug 26, 2012 Talia rated it it was amazing
Daphne Lee-Lee is a super fun character that is easy to love because she also has some vulnerabilities, but tries not to show them. This book is fun to read, and when I was almost finished, I couldn't wait to get home and read the rest.

Great for a day at the beach or traveling, or if you just want to relax.
Terry Mahurin
Aug 18, 2012 Terry Mahurin rated it really liked it
An enjoyable read that creates a sense of community in the characters and plot. Tightly written, I sat and read this in one day.
Recommend it to anyone who wants an enjoyable sit down with an entertaining book.
Sep 13, 2016 Kay rated it really liked it
A fun read and not as predictable as you might think. Well, I tend to think murder mysteries are either predictable or implausible, but I don't read them much. There is enough romance, hip/cool references, and mayhem (not graphic) to please a variety of readers.
Gretchen Adkins
Jul 29, 2011 Gretchen Adkins marked it as to-read
Just notified that I won the giveaway today! My sister and I are very excited to read your book asap! :) We can't wait!
Darren Campbell
Darren Campbell rated it it was ok
Jun 05, 2014
Paulette Mahurin
Paulette Mahurin rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2012
Kate rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2011
Richard Romer
Richard Romer rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2015
Tasha Robison
Tasha Robison rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2011
Shauna rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2012
Ana rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2012
Lisa Church sielen
Lisa Church sielen rated it it was ok
May 03, 2015
Natasha rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2011
Amanda Luton
Amanda Luton rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2013
Rachel Blackard
Rachel Blackard rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2012
  • 101 Success Secrets for Gifted Kids, The Ultimate Handbook
  • Constitution Cafe: Jefferson's Brew for a True Revolution: Jefferson's Brew for a True Revolution
  • Forex Frontiers "The Essentials of Currency Trading"
  • Two Feet Off the Ground
  • Alex Detail's Revolution
  • The Echo Chamber
  • The Incredible Origins of the Onyx Sun
  • Redeeming the Rogue (Chambers Trilogy, #3)
  • Suffer in Silence
  • The Guardian
  • The Killer Is Dying
  • India Was One
  • Wind in the Grasses Dancing (Dancing the Dream, #1)
  • Microstyle: The Art of Writing Little
  • Lone Star Trail (Texas Trails, #1)
  • Ashes, Ashes, They All Fall Dead (Deadly Games, #3)
  • Tales from Brookgreen: Folklore, Ghost Stories, and Gullah Folktales in the South Carolina Lowcountry
  • From High Heels to Handcuffs
Wendy Dager is a professional freelance writer who has spent decades acquiring and implementing a flexibility that has helped her work become widely published in a variety of formats. She’s written humorous greeting card copy, flash animation scripts, a biweekly newspaper opinion column, corporate newsletters, magazine and newspaper feature articles, press releases and more. Her quirky sense of hu ...more
More about Wendy Dager...