Start by marking “The Alpha Alternative: JZB Sex Scene (Fever, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Alpha Alternative: JZB Sex Scene (Fever, #1.5)

The Alpha Alternative: JZB Sex Scene (Fever #1.5)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  5,189 ratings  ·  588 reviews
A sex scene from Barrons' point of view.
ebook, Online Story, 16 pages
Published July 21st 2011

Kat Kennedy
For some reason, I expected that she'd do the scene from book 2 where Barrons has Mac chained to the poll and is threatening to tattoo her. Or maybe I just have a thing for chains...

Regardless, I'm curious as to her methods here. More Barrons undoubtedly = good. But I rather expected more sex. I don't know what about the term "JZB Sex Scene" indicated to me that I'd be reading a raunchy chapter about Barrons having sex. But that part was kind of glossed over.

*3,000 words of JZB internalizing*
*Oh
Kat Stark

First book: Darkfever
Second Book: Bloodfever
Third Book: Faefever
Fourth Book: Dreamfever
Fifth Book: Shadowfever

Well, I know I've been missing the Fever series and I still have one more book of Mac and Barrons to go. I'm just so hesitant to finish because I know when it's done...IT'S DONE!! *cries*

So here's the teasing sex scene between Mac and Barrons.

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that it wasn't all that grand. I like being in Barron's mind only because he sounds like a caveman:
Fuck, I t
Lora
Jul 22, 2011 Lora rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All Jericho Barrons loving fools such as myself
Shelves: urban-fantasy, ebooks
She will never know that tonight she was mine.

So . . . this was damn good.

Moning has been promising her fans a sex scene from Barrons' POV since he won the Alpha Showdown on vampirebookclub.net back in early June. Well folks, it is finally here and, just like the man himself, it doesn't disappoint.

For me, getting inside Barrons' head is the equivalent of getting to eat a hot fudge sundae after having been on a diet for five months. It's delicious and it gives you a high that takes hours to com
Jonnie
**ENTIRELY NECESSARY SPOILERY THINGS ALL UP IN HURR**

Since this is a reread and I've changed my rating drastically, I'm going to be writing my review a little differently. Differently meaning like an absolute schizo. Everything in bold italics are my new thoughts (excluding quotes), initial thoughts are in normal or bold font .

3 stars to 5 stars.

description

description
As someone who has only just recently popped her Fever cherry, I have ALL the questions! The reviews have warned me, saying it's best that I finish t
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
1- Jerricho Freaking Barrons + sex scene =

Get it? Good. There isn't much else to say really.

Oh yeah, that too.

2- It's better not to read this if you haven't yet read the first five books in the series.

Life sucks, I know.

3- If you are planning on reading this scene make sure you don't do it in public have the version featuring KMM's preface and the JZB APOE/Sex passages. They give a very different perspective to the scene. (view spoiler)

4- If you think this isn't HOT
Blacky *Romance Addict*
Holy f*cking hell this is HOT!
Phil Gigante audiobook version <3
I am in love <3
Although I haven't read this series at all ahhahahahhahha
But his voice!!! *drools*

Laura the Highland Hussy
I would have preferred that from later on, like when she was Pri-ya or from during Shadowfever. But I guess we can't be picky.

I liked being in his head up til the actual sex, which I'm fairly unimpressed with. :( The fact that this happened in Darkfever, after all we've been through (yes I say "we" because we traveled that Journey-with-a-capital-J with Mac)

So I liked it, but I thought sex with Barrons would rock my world, and it...didn't.

Here's the link for the sex scene from Barrons' pov:

http:/
Kim
3.5 stars.

I didn't realize until now how much I miss that smug bastard, and all the things he does to me... Is it bad that I want to fly over there just to see if I can find his store?

I couldn't stand to be around him when he's dressed for five minutes without wanting to kill him but good god that man is hot.

I'm wondering if Mac mentions anything in the next scene... -eyes her books- Curse you KMM for making me want to read your books again! I need to know!
Liz* Fashionably Late
WARNING: If you haven't finished Shadowfever and you're tempted to read this one, I highly discourage it. It doesn't add anything to the series, I assure you, but it's thought for advance readers, immune to Barrons' jackassery,

You've been warned.
_______________

I want this man.

"What stands on her doorstep is a fucking cataclysm".

Yes, you are.
I'm so glad I read this after finishing Shadowfever.

Jo ★The Book Sloth★
This was so...disappointing. 2,5 is a very generous rating.

In my book this wasn't even a sex scene. It was a rape one. Now most who've actually read my reviews are familiar with the fact that I have a very high tolerance of blurred lines when it comes to literature(I'm not so forgiving in real life). I can actually overlook it completely if a woman says "no" when it's actually anything but... But this was Barrons and Mac.

This "scene" completely destroyed my view of their romance. I loved the fac
AJ
Well, well, a sex scene from the POV from one of my favourite Alpha characters ever.

“I have no desire to sleep with you. I want to fuck you. And there is no such thing as perfectly good sex. If it’s ‘perfectly good,’” I mock in falsetto, “he should be shot in the head and put out of everyone’s misery. Sex either blows your fucking mind, or it’s not good enough. You want me to blow your fucking mind, Ms. Lane?”

Ummm… YES PLEASE!

Bravo KMM! I love that she didn’t give us a scene we would expect, and
Sh3lly (Not all those who wander are lost)
I advise people to read this after they finish the series. This short happened in the first book and most of it is just a scene you already read, but it's told from Barrons' POV. Barrons is a tough SOB to like and this, while sexy, certainly wouldn't make him more likeable to Fever newbs. So read the other books first, then come back to this.

Dija
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Words fail to describe how completely, madly, crazily in love I am with Jericho Z Barrons.
CamAlive

*Clears throat*

I was disappointed by the actual sex scene. It was short and not very detailed.

I really liked Jericho Bar-Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sorry, I was saying that I really liked Barron-

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

*sighs* I meant to say that I loved catching a glimpse of his thoughts and feelings, more than how and where he had sex with Mac.

I'm truly fascinated by his character, the way he seems to be more beast than man, but at the same time finds it impossible to let Mac go. Their future together feels inevitable since the very first time
Laura Wright
Okay, this was an interesting listen. First I must say KMM is one badass writer. I have massive jealously on how fresh her language is. And her description - DAMN. She's truly and dangerously gifted! And on this audio, Phil G rocks Barrons something fierce. This is my first time hearing him, and it won't be the last.

Now, with all that sad, I dunno how I feel about where this scene is placed in the series. I just can't imagine Barrons 'going there' this early. He may have thought she was hot, but
♥Rachel♥

Oh my god! What the flipping heck was that?!! And can there be more please?!! I think I'm on fire now!

All I have to say, is if Mac ever finds out, she's going to kill him! Let's hope it's death-by-sex. Lol!

Melissa ***BITCH, I'M READING!***

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wasn't bad, kinda weird though.. it was like sooo many people bitched about there not being any sex in Darkfever(myself included) so this "Alternative" scene was written to please the the people..and the whole "maybe it happened, maybe it didn't" crap at the end BUGGED ME!
I listened to the audio version..and I gotta say that mans voice is SUPER CREEPY..not sexy..and the girl doing Max's parts is supposed to sound southern(Jericho even makes a comment about in book) does not sound southern at al
marlene
What an arrogant, self centered, belligerent ass. Can I have one I can keep forever ?

I am a firm believer that all authors should just put out extra scenes of just the good stuff. Thank you !

I was certainly not expecting this to take place during Darkfever. The scene itself was a pretty awesome look into the mind of JZB. It was always a treat in the Fever series to get a bit from his perspective. Barrons complete arrogance may be the hottest thing ever. Well, until we get to this part …

“I have n
Sharon
Some of you are going to be very disappointed with this one, others will not be that disappointed but would only think of it as an "ok".

The thing is that I loved it, and not because of the words and the thoughts or even the sex. I didn't need this shorty in order to understand how Barrons views sex.

Despite the fact that the man is very mysterious, I'd say that his way of seeing the world, his principles are very clear and simple. He is not complicated. He's a psycopath living in a scoiety that
valee
Omg! It was better than anything I could have imagined!!! I loved it. Barrons is just the hottest character ever! Really! ** sigh, this just made me remember why I love KMM so much! I just wanna read more books from this amazing author!

Shit, I still can't believe how freaking amazing this scene was! I missed Barrons so bad. But really, I just had forgotten how amazing this author is, now I remember and I'll be crying all over again while waiting for more of her work!

I love you KMM, but you need
Aly (Fantasy4eva)
The fuck?

I miss this man dammit!!!

This scene was just amazing! I mean, Barrons *sighs*

Why do you have to be so freaking sexy.

But there is one thing that annoyed me. It's awesome -let's be honest. Him getting her all pissed off and worked up. The angry insults being thrown. Loved all the angst. And then we get down to what it's all been building up to.. and then?

4 HOURS? That's what you're gunna give me Barrons. What about details, huh.

Cruel bastard.

I'm not even going to lie, though. Despite hol
Aly∞
What the fuck?

I'm so confused.

But Jericho Barrons. *fans self*

I must have him.
Katie(babs)
Beware, I think Barrons is a douche...

Proves that Barrons is still a selfish douche. This is not romantic or sexy since Le Douche is happy to let Mac think he raped her.

They went at it 4 hours and we don't get to see that? I wanted to see major sexxorin, wall shaking nasty sweaty sex going on.

Maybe Barron put some burgers on the BBQ after he screwed Mac silly since he likes to grill.
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Jul 24, 2012 Anzu The Great Destroyer rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fever fans
Not really a book but aaah let's put it here.

Sex with Barrons is always good but this was just AWESOME. Great job Karen Marie Moning! She really pulled this out well!
Nic
Jul 21, 2011 Nic rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
Thank you Karen Marie Moning for giving us more Barrons.

Barrons always makes me happy especially when he is nekkid ;)
C.C.
A SCENE WRITTEN FROM JERICHO BAD ASS BARRONS' POINT OF VIEW!!

This is approx 16 pages and just one scene, and Ms. Moning already has me wanting for MORE!

HOLY SHIT! THIS IS ONE SCENE AND I ALREADY FEEL LIKE I'M READY TO JUMP IN WITH THEM. TOO. HOT. TO. BE. GOOD.

*SIGH* THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT IT'S TOO DAMN SHORT. I. WANT. MORE. MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEEE!!!!!
Although it is unlikely (but I'm not giving up hope) a book written from Barrons' POV would have been beyond awesome. He was missing a lot
Holly
Goddamn. Bestill my aching loins. Thanks KMM! :D
Where is the print copy sold. 9 157 Nov 24, 2013 10:09PM
  • Curran; Fernando's (Curran POV, #5)
  • Home (Downside Ghosts, #3.6)
  • An Ill-Advised Rescue Part 2 (Kate Daniels, #5.9)
  • Hunted (Vampires in America, #6.5)
  • Glow (Charley Davidson, #5.6)
  • The Shattered Dark (Shadow Reader, #2)
  • The Dex-Files (Experiment in Terror, #5.7)
  • The Heavenward Path (Mitsuko, #2)
  • Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5)
  • Overkill: Snippets of Demonica Life (Demonica, #5.7)
  • King of the Unblessed (Realm Immortal #1)
Karen Marie Moning is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the sizzling Urban Fantasy FEVER Novels set in Dublin, featuring MacKayla Lane and Jericho Barrons, and the paranormal romance HIGHLANDER Series, with fifteen books in print in thirty-six countries.

She is a winner of the prestigious Romance Writers of America RITA award, and multiple RITA nominee. She graduated from Purdue Universit
More about Karen Marie Moning...

Fever (10 books)
  • Darkfever (Fever, #1)
  • Bloodfever (Fever, #2)
  • Faefever (Fever, #3)
  • Dreamfever (Fever, #4)
  • Shadowfever (Fever, #5)
  • Iced (Fever, #6)
  • Burned (Fever, #7)
  • Feverborn (Fever, #8)
  • Feversong (Fever, #9)
  • Untitled (Fever, #10)
Darkfever (Fever, #1) Shadowfever (Fever, #5) Dreamfever (Fever, #4) Faefever (Fever, #3) Bloodfever (Fever, #2)

“Sex either blows your fucking mind, or it’s not good enough.” 115 likes
“Women have been repeating the same mistake since time began: falling for a man’s potential. We rarely see it the same way, and even more rarely care to achieve it.” 56 likes