Start by marking “The Alpha Alternative: JZB Sex Scene (Fever, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Alpha Alternative: JZB Sex Scene (Fever, #1.5)

The Alpha Alternative: JZB Sex Scene (Fever, #1.5)

4.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  5,661 Ratings  ·  630 Reviews
A sex scene from Barrons' point of view.

This is chapter 4 of Darkfever (book #1) from Jericho Barrons point of view.
ebook, Online Story, 16 pages

Second Book: Bloodfever
Third Book: Faefever
Fourth Book: Dreamfever
Fifth Book: Shadowfever

Well, I know I've been missing the Fever series and I still have one more book of Mac and Barrons to go. I'm just so hesitant to finish because I know when it's done...IT'S DONE!! *cries*

So here's the teasing sex scene between Mac and Barrons.

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that it wasn't all that grand. I like being in Barron's mind only because he sounds like a caveman:
Fuck, I t
Kat Kennedy
Jul 24, 2011 Kat Kennedy rated it liked it
For some reason, I expected that she'd do the scene from book 2 where Barrons has Mac chained to the poll and is threatening to tattoo her. Or maybe I just have a thing for chains...

Regardless, I'm curious as to her methods here. More Barrons undoubtedly = good. But I rather expected more sex. I don't know what about the term "JZB Sex Scene" indicated to me that I'd be reading a raunchy chapter about Barrons having sex. But that part was kind of glossed over.

*3,000 words of JZB internalizing*
*Oh
Lora
Jul 22, 2011 Lora rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All Jericho Barrons loving fools such as myself
Shelves: ebooks, urban-fantasy
She will never know that tonight she was mine.

So . . . this was damn good.

Moning has been promising her fans a sex scene from Barrons' POV since he won the Alpha Showdown on vampirebookclub.net back in early June. Well folks, it is finally here and, just like the man himself, it doesn't disappoint.

For me, getting inside Barrons' head is the equivalent of getting to eat a hot fudge sundae after having been on a diet for five months. It's delicious and it gives you a high that takes hours to com
Jonnie
The Alpha Alternative was the point in the Fever series where I decided I had a huge, undying boner for Barrons. So early on, too! What can I say? I'm a sucker for aggressive sex.

Yummo.
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
1- Jerricho Freaking Barrons + sex scene =

Get it? Good. There isn't much else to say really.

Oh yeah, that too.

2- It's better not to read this if you haven't yet read the first five books in the series.

Life sucks, I know.

3- If you are planning on reading this scene make sure you don't do it in public have the version featuring KMM's preface and the JZB APOE/Sex passages. They give a very different perspective to the scene. (view spoiler)

4- If you think this isn't HOT
Tatiana
Jul 22, 2011 Tatiana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Um, yeah. I enjoyed it.
Blacky *Romance Addict*
Holy f*cking hell this is HOT!
Phil Gigante audiobook version <3
I am in love <3
Although I haven't read this series at all ahhahahahhahha
But his voice!!! *drools*

Jo ★The Book Sloth★
This was so...disappointing. 2,5 is a very generous rating.

In my book this wasn't even a sex scene. It was a rape one. Now most who've actually read my reviews are familiar with the fact that I have a very high tolerance of blurred lines when it comes to literature(I'm not so forgiving in real life). I can actually overlook it completely if a woman says "no" when it's actually anything but... But this was Barrons and Mac.

This "scene" completely destroyed my view of their romance. I loved the fac
♛Tash
Jan 27, 2016 ♛Tash rated it did not like it
Well shit. I do not enjoy the taste of crow, but damn I have to swallow this one, beak, talons and all.

Jericho Barrons, we need to break up. It's not you, it's me.. Fuck that, it's definitely you.

FRTC
Laura the Highland Hussy
I would have preferred that from later on, like when she was Pri-ya or from during Shadowfever. But I guess we can't be picky.

I liked being in his head up til the actual sex, which I'm fairly unimpressed with. :( The fact that this happened in Darkfever, after all we've been through (yes I say "we" because we traveled that Journey-with-a-capital-J with Mac)

So I liked it, but I thought sex with Barrons would rock my world, and it...didn't.

Here's the link for the sex scene from Barrons' pov:

http:/
Kim
Jul 25, 2011 Kim rated it liked it
Recommended to Kim by: JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
3.5 stars.

I didn't realize until now how much I miss that smug bastard, and all the things he does to me... Is it bad that I want to fly over there just to see if I can find his store?

I couldn't stand to be around him when he's dressed for five minutes without wanting to kill him but good god that man is hot.

I'm wondering if Mac mentions anything in the next scene... -eyes her books- Curse you KMM for making me want to read your books again! I need to know!
Liz* Fashionably Late
WARNING: If you haven't finished Shadowfever and you're tempted to read this one, I highly discourage it. It doesn't add anything to the series, I assure you, but it's thought for advance readers, immune to Barrons' jackassery,

You've been warned.
_______________

I want this man.

"What stands on her doorstep is a fucking cataclysm".

Yes, you are.
I'm so glad I read this after finishing Shadowfever.

AJ
Dec 10, 2015 AJ rated it it was amazing
Fever series bonus!

Well, well, a sex scene from the POV of one of my favourite Alpha characters ever.

“I have no desire to sleep with you. I want to fuck you. And there is no such thing as perfectly good sex. If it’s ‘perfectly good,’” I mock in falsetto, “he should be shot in the head and put out of everyone’s misery. Sex either blows your fucking mind, or it’s not good enough. You want me to blow your fucking mind, Ms. Lane?”

Ummm… YES PLEASE!

Bravo KMM! I love that she didn’t give us a scene we
Angela
Dec 22, 2015 Angela rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I just re-read this (online) here. It's missing some stuff that I remember in the original (which I have on my computer at home and will check tonight). Specifically the very last paragraph from Barrons talking directly to KMM. But since this was made canon in Burned, I guess that last paragraph is pointless. Which makes me rage beyond all levels of rage.

Serious spoilers to come. Don't click if you haven't read through Chapter 3 of Darkfever and/or read this scene.

(view spoiler)
Rachel Reads Ravenously (AKA The Wildcard Reader)
Apr 11, 2016 Rachel Reads Ravenously (AKA The Wildcard Reader) rated it liked it
Recommended to Rachel Reads Ravenously (AKA The Wildcard Reader) by: ♥Rachel♥
4/11/16 Update!
This story is no longer for free online but is published at the beginning of Burned (Fever #7) for those who have not read it yet.

Takes place 11 months before events in Burned, most likely in Fever #1 timeline.
Cam *is the worst*
Mar 30, 2014 Cam *is the worst* rated it liked it

*Clears throat*

I was disappointed by the actual sex scene. It was short and not very detailed.

I really liked Jericho Bar-Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sorry, I was saying that I really liked Barron-

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

*sighs* I meant to say that I loved catching a glimpse of his thoughts and feelings, more than how and where he had sex with Mac.

I'm truly fascinated by his character, the way he seems to be more beast than man, but at the same time finds it impossible to let Mac go. Their future together feels inevitable since the very first time
Laura Wright
Mar 21, 2012 Laura Wright rated it really liked it
Okay, this was an interesting listen. First I must say KMM is one badass writer. I have massive jealously on how fresh her language is. And her description - DAMN. She's truly and dangerously gifted! And on this audio, Phil G rocks Barrons something fierce. This is my first time hearing him, and it won't be the last.

Now, with all that sad, I dunno how I feel about where this scene is placed in the series. I just can't imagine Barrons 'going there' this early. He may have thought she was hot, but
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
I had to read this twice to make sure I wasn't imagining things.

I have found there to be little distance between the unlatching of a chain and the spreading of a woman’s legs. As if they can never unbar only a single entrance. It’s a disease called hope. Women suffer from it greatly.

description

Did I just read that?

I have studied humans for a small eternity. Intent infuses their every movement. Road maps to their inner navigation, plastered all over their skin. Born to be slaves.

description

I cant even... I'm utter
Sh3lly ✨ Bring on the Weird ✨
I advise people to read this after they finish the series. This short happened in the first book and most of it is just a scene you already read, but it's told from Barrons' POV. Barrons is a tough SOB to like and this, while sexy, certainly wouldn't make him more likeable to Fever newbs. So read the other books first, then come back to this.

Dija
Jul 18, 2012 Dija rated it it was amazing
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Words fail to describe how completely, madly, crazily in love I am with Jericho Z Barrons.
♥Rachel♥
Oct 12, 2012 ♥Rachel♥ rated it it was amazing

Oh my god! What the flipping heck was that?!! And can there be more please?!! I think I'm on fire now!

All I have to say, is if Mac ever finds out, she's going to kill him! Let's hope it's death-by-sex. Lol!

marlene
Aug 15, 2011 marlene rated it really liked it
What an arrogant, self centered, belligerent ass. Can I have one I can keep forever ?

I am a firm believer that all authors should just put out extra scenes of just the good stuff. Thank you !

I was certainly not expecting this to take place during Darkfever. The scene itself was a pretty awesome look into the mind of JZB. It was always a treat in the Fever series to get a bit from his perspective. Barrons complete arrogance may be the hottest thing ever. Well, until we get to this part …

“I have n
Sharon L
Nov 04, 2013 Sharon L rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2013
Some of you are going to be very disappointed with this one, others will not be that disappointed but would only think of it as an "ok".

The thing is that I loved it, and not because of the words and the thoughts or even the sex. I didn't need this shorty in order to understand how Barrons views sex.

Despite the fact that the man is very mysterious, I'd say that his way of seeing the world, his principles are very clear and simple. He is not complicated. He's a psycopath living in a scoiety that
Melissa ***BITCH, I'M READING!***

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wasn't bad, kinda weird though.. it was like sooo many people bitched about there not being any sex in Darkfever(myself included) so this "Alternative" scene was written to please the the people..and the whole "maybe it happened, maybe it didn't" crap at the end BUGGED ME!
I listened to the audio version..and I gotta say that mans voice is SUPER CREEPY..not sexy..and the girl doing Max's parts is supposed to sound southern(Jericho even makes a comment about in book) does not sound southern at al
Katie(babs)
Jul 21, 2011 Katie(babs) rated it did not like it
Shelves: gag-worthy-book
Beware, I think Barrons is a douche...

Proves that Barrons is still a selfish douche. This is not romantic or sexy since Le Douche is happy to let Mac think he raped her.

They went at it 4 hours and we don't get to see that? I wanted to see major sexxorin, wall shaking nasty sweaty sex going on.

Maybe Barron put some burgers on the BBQ after he screwed Mac silly since he likes to grill.
Aly (Fantasy4eva)
The fuck?

I miss this man dammit!!!

This scene was just amazing! I mean, Barrons *sighs*

Why do you have to be so freaking sexy.

But there is one thing that annoyed me. It's awesome -let's be honest. Him getting her all pissed off and worked up. The angry insults being thrown. Loved all the angst. And then we get down to what it's all been building up to.. and then?

4 HOURS? That's what you're gunna give me Barrons. What about details, huh.

Cruel bastard.

I'm not even going to lie, though. Despite hol
valee
Jul 22, 2011 valee rated it it was amazing
Omg! It was better than anything I could have imagined!!! I loved it. Barrons is just the hottest character ever! Really! ** sigh, this just made me remember why I love KMM so much! I just wanna read more books from this amazing author!

Shit, I still can't believe how freaking amazing this scene was! I missed Barrons so bad. But really, I just had forgotten how amazing this author is, now I remember and I'll be crying all over again while waiting for more of her work!

I love you KMM, but you need
Where is the print copy sold. 9 160 Nov 24, 2013 10:09PM
  • Curran; Magic Strikes Hot Tub Scene (Curran POV, #4)
  • Home (Downside Ghosts, #3.6)
  • Magic Gifts (Kate Daniels, #5.4)
  • Glow (Charley Davidson, #5.6)
  • And With Madness Comes the Light (Experiment in Terror, #6.5)
  • The Heavenward Path (Mitsuko, #2)
  • G.A. Aiken Bundle: The Dragon Who Loved Me, What a Dragon Should Know, & Last Dragon Standing
  • Overkill: Snippets of Demonica Life (Demonica #5.7)
  • Entwined (Darkest London, #3.5)
  • The Shattered Dark (Shadow Reader, #2)
  • Who Ran My Underwear up the Flagpole?
Karen Marie Moning is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the sizzling Urban Fantasy FEVER Novels set in Dublin, featuring MacKayla Lane and Jericho Barrons, and the paranormal romance HIGHLANDER Series, with fifteen books in print in thirty-six countries.

She is a winner of the prestigious Romance Writers of America RITA award, and multiple RITA nominee. She graduated from Purdue Universit
More about Karen Marie Moning...

“Sex either blows your fucking mind, or it’s not good enough.” 116 likes
“Women have been repeating the same mistake since time began: falling for a man’s potential. We rarely see it the same way, and even more rarely care to achieve it.” 56 likes