Start by marking “False Accusations” as Want to Read:
False Accusations

False Accusations

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  206 ratings  ·  30 reviews
False Accusations is a twisting psychological thriller, a tale of deadly revenge where the assurance of "innocent until proven guilty" is not what it seems.

Dr. Phillip Madison has everything: wealth, power, and an impeccable reputation. But in the pre-dawn hours of a quiet California suburb, the revered orthopedic surgeon is charged with double homicide—a cold blooded hit-...more
Published June 13th 2011 by Premier Digital Publishing (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about False Accusations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about False Accusations

Liberty Abbott-Sylvester
Once I started this book, I couldn't put it down. It is full of twists and turns and the ending left me with my mouth hanging open. It totally surprised me. Its the first book I've read of Alan Jacobson's and it won't be my last.
Marni T.
Sep 25, 2013 Marni T. rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who enjoy a psychological twist in their crime novels
Recommended to Marni by: I like books by Alan Jacobson
I really enjoyed this novel. It would be my worst nightmare: to be falsely accused of driving away from a hit and run murder of two people. And then to see that all the details coming out in the investigation definitely pointed to me as the perpetator. Horrors! This is exactly what happened to Dr. Philip Madison. He was set-up, and it took his lawyer and a private investigator to figure out how and why. All three were fast friends and these two were the only ones that Dr. Madison could call upon...more
Michelle
I appreciate the realism, even more I crave the intensity!
Frederick Bingham
I listened to this book on tape on a drive to Charleston. This is the story of Dr. Phillip Madison, a respected surgeon in Sacramento CA. He gets blackmailed by a good-looking administrative assistant. She accuses him of rape, and then tries to frame him for murder.The story is basically told twice, once and then again as part of a subsequent trial.A poorly crafted and forgettable story. Pure trash.
Nani
It was a good book, a really good book. The characters were developed so well and the story was very good too. But my opinion of the book changed on the very last page. What had been a good book became a GREAT book! That last page sent a chill down my spine that I hadn’t experienced since I read 1984. I still get a spine tingle thinking about it!
Susan
Orthopedic surgeon Phillip Madison's life was totally shattered when the police wok him up one night and pointed out that his car, safely locked in his garage, had just killed 2 people in a hit and run. This was a new author for me and I am definitely going to be looking for more from him. This was excellent.
Jim Kromer
A real stinker of a novel. Ridiculous dialogue, dull characters, ponderous plot that never seemed to move forward and an ending that was too contrived as if the author wanted to show how clever he was by throwing in a twist at the end. Do yourself a favor and stay away.
Darcy
I started out reading this one and wasn't sure what to think. I read 50 pages then put the book down for the night. I went to pick it up again this morning and just couldn't get into it. The story was a little boring and blah. This one just wasn't for me.
Miky
i love the book but the end is kind of confusing. According to the book at the end you said something about the detective founding a number at the bottom of the bottle that doesn't match the ones's with the store she was yelling at him before
Corinne
I actually give this a 3.5 because there was a little too much legal jargon that became boring after so much. However, the plot is good and there's a pretty good twist at the end. I will recommend to others who enjoy legal thrillers
Sara
Last 3 words made the book for me. Brilliant!!!! Don't peak ahead though- it'll ruin the whole thing. A little slow to start, but definately worth persevering through!!! Really really really enjoyed this one!
Marla
This was a good book but certainly did not see the ending coming. I will not tell you as it would spoil the whole book. It was slow in many parts but all in all a good book.
Sherree
The plot is the stuff of nightmares, being accused of a crime you didn't commit and having to prove it. The last chapter was a surprise for me, but I found it very satisfying.
Carl
Story was good, tended to drag a bit at times filled with minute details. Editing in the Kindle edition is poor with frequent spelling errors.
Lanette
Found it difficult to start, but once I got into it, I didn't want to put it down. Good thriller that keeps you guessing as to what will happen.
Rhonda
I liked this story, but then the end ticked me off. While I admit that I did not see the ending coming at all, I didn't care for it.
Melissa
Book #5 read in 2007

I enjoyed this book. Every time I thought I had it all figured out, there was a nice little twist. Great plot!
Rosy Mendez

Este libro me gusto mucho especialmente el final. Lo lei hace dos meses y todavia estoy en shock. Muy buen libro.
Katie
It was slow to start, fast moving and page turning in the middle, but it was too long and the ending ruined it for me
Michael Rushnak
Very good focus on the main theme of the book with a sudden unexpected twist at the very end.
Lori
A good thriller. It's got twists and turns that keep you reading until the very end.
Lee
A psychological thriller about revenge and some great twists along the way.
Kathy
What a stupid book! I could write better legal thrillers than this!
Irma
Would have given it a five, except for the ending.
Deb Krill
had to re read the ending, wow the ultimate revenge!
Joyce McKune
A real thriller. Suspense from beginning to end.
Marlu
Surprise ending I didn't expect.
Chris
Seriously... AWESOME!!!!!!
  • Nathan's Run
  • Irrefutable
  • The Murder Artist: A Thriller
  • Lure of the Night (Vampire Winter Saga, #1)
  • Whisper to Me of Love
  • Death by Divorce (Caribbean Murder,#2)
  • Change of Heart
  • A Change of Heart
  • The Grid
  • The Dark Before Dawn
  • The Innocent
  • The Disappearance (Luke Garrison, #1)
  • Wrecker
  • Blood Country (Claire Watkins, #1)
  • Wild Kat (Kat Colorado, #5)
  • Quiet As They Come
  • Guilt by Association
  • The Shepherd
ALAN JACOBSON is the National Bestselling Author of several critically acclaimed thrillers. His 20 years of research and training with the FBI’s profiling unit, DEA, US Marshals Service, Scotland Yard, SWAT, and the US military bring unparalleled realism to his stories and characters—prompting the San Francisco Chronicle to say that “Alan Jacobson researches his books like a good newspaper reporte...more
More about Alan Jacobson...
The 7th Victim (Karen Vail, #1) Crush (Karen Vail #2) Velocity (Karen Vail #3) Inmate 1577 (Karen Vail #4) The Hunted