Start by marking “False Accusations” as Want to Read:
False Accusations

False Accusations

False Accusations is a twisting psychological thriller, a tale of deadly revenge where the assurance of "innocent until proven guilty" is not what it seems.

Dr. Phillip Madison has everything: wealth, power, and an impeccable reputation. But in the pre-dawn hours of a quiet California suburb, the revered orthopedic surgeon is charged with double homicide—a cold blooded hit-
Nook, 0 pages
Published June 13th 2011 by Premier Digital Publishing (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about False Accusations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about False Accusations

Jim Kromer
Apr 12, 2013 Jim Kromer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A real stinker of a novel. Ridiculous dialogue, dull characters, ponderous plot that never seemed to move forward and an ending that was too contrived as if the author wanted to show how clever he was by throwing in a twist at the end. Do yourself a favor and stay away.
Liberty Abbott-Sylvester
Once I started this book, I couldn't put it down. It is full of twists and turns and the ending left me with my mouth hanging open. It totally surprised me. Its the first book I've read of Alan Jacobson's and it won't be my last.
Marni Tagami
Aug 09, 2013 Marni Tagami rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who enjoy a psychological twist in their crime novels
Recommended to Marni by: I like books by Alan Jacobson
I really enjoyed this novel. It would be my worst nightmare: to be falsely accused of driving away from a hit and run murder of two people. And then to see that all the details coming out in the investigation definitely pointed to me as the perpetator. Horrors! This is exactly what happened to Dr. Philip Madison. He was set-up, and it took his lawyer and a private investigator to figure out how and why. All three were fast friends and these two were the only ones that Dr. Madison could call upon ...more
Jim
Oct 26, 2014 Jim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A incredible mystery/ thriller, "False Accusations" from the very first page had me hooked. This taunt intense thriller was a solid read all the way to the last line in the book. Detective Bill Jennings is called out to a double hit-n-run late in the night. A witness gives the police an accurate description of the vehicle that committed the crime. Orthopedic surgeon Phil Madison gets a knock on his door from police shorty after. Sure enough, checking Dr. Madison's car in garage it has front end ...more
Cathy
Nov 06, 2014 Cathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-nook
I chose this book as my free one when I bought my Nook from Barnes and Noble. I had read Spectrum by the same author on netgalley and loved that one as well.
I could not even imagine being accused of murdering two innocent people with my car in a hit and run. No alibi and all the proof stacked up against me. Losing my medical practice and my family and my reputation. Its good that Dr Madison had a great attorney and a good friend who works as an investigator. The good doctor had been accused of
ga dawg tm
Nov 16, 2015 ga dawg tm rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Usually surprise endings are awesome.

The only reason this didn't get 5 stars was because the ending leaves you heart sick and nauseous. For some, that might be a reason to give it five stars. I wondered if the person charged with the crime was, in fact, guilty. After reading some of the author's other books, I expected the culprit to be someone that when the identity was revealed it would make sense in hindsight. This book is eye-opening!
Tulay
Sep 14, 2015 Tulay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent story by Alan Jacobson.

Start reminded me 1987 movie "Fatal Attraction." You'll think you know who did what, but last sentence will shock you. Feel like rereading the book again, maybe somewhere I'll found the answer. Keep asking myself "but why, what, how could that happened?" Couple things I didn't like: talking in front of children and giving them soda to drink.
Frederick Bingham
Jan 01, 2012 Frederick Bingham rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this book on tape on a drive to Charleston. This is the story of Dr. Phillip Madison, a respected surgeon in Sacramento CA. He gets blackmailed by a good-looking administrative assistant. She accuses him of rape, and then tries to frame him for murder.The story is basically told twice, once and then again as part of a subsequent trial.A poorly crafted and forgettable story. Pure trash.
Susan
Jan 08, 2008 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Orthopedic surgeon Phillip Madison's life was totally shattered when the police wok him up one night and pointed out that his car, safely locked in his garage, had just killed 2 people in a hit and run. This was a new author for me and I am definitely going to be looking for more from him. This was excellent.
Nani
Apr 13, 2012 Nani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished-2012
It was a good book, a really good book. The characters were developed so well and the story was very good too. But my opinion of the book changed on the very last page. What had been a good book became a GREAT book! That last page sent a chill down my spine that I hadn’t experienced since I read 1984. I still get a spine tingle thinking about it!
Corinne
Nov 30, 2013 Corinne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually give this a 3.5 because there was a little too much legal jargon that became boring after so much. However, the plot is good and there's a pretty good twist at the end. I will recommend to others who enjoy legal thrillers
Jen
Sep 03, 2015 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-suspense
I must admit I enjoyed the end, although I had predicted it much earlier on. It took a long time for me to get into the book though because I felt it was so easy to understand what was happening and it felt too simple a mystery.
Miky
Nov 04, 2013 Miky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i love the book but the end is kind of confusing. According to the book at the end you said something about the detective founding a number at the bottom of the bottle that doesn't match the ones's with the store she was yelling at him before
Terry
Oct 26, 2014 Terry rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I had read two other books by AJac, the first
two in the Karen Vail series. Thought I
would try this one. This was just OK.
Nothing special at all. Kind of slow
in spots. And the ending was not cool.
Not at all.
ElaineY
Couldn't get into it. What little I listened to wasn't much good. Somehow the writing didn't appeal. One star is aborting it early. Will try his Karen Vail series since I bought several audios already.
Darcy
I started out reading this one and wasn't sure what to think. I read 50 pages then put the book down for the night. I went to pick it up again this morning and just couldn't get into it. The story was a little boring and blah. This one just wasn't for me.
Sara
Apr 03, 2013 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime
Last 3 words made the book for me. Brilliant!!!! Don't peak ahead though- it'll ruin the whole thing. A little slow to start, but definately worth persevering through!!! Really really really enjoyed this one!
Kelsey Bower
Jul 06, 2016 Kelsey Bower rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alan Jacobson's book False Accusation had me hooked from Page one. Was very hard to put down; the twist and turns throughout the book kept me guessing. I had my ideas on who really did it, but still.. WHY? The ultimate revenge.
Bookworm LLC
Jul 24, 2016 Bookworm LLC rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kelsey-bookshelf
Melissa
Nov 27, 2011 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read-2007
Book #5 read in 2007

I enjoyed this book. Every time I thought I had it all figured out, there was a nice little twist. Great plot!
Joe
Dec 05, 2015 Joe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good read

I didn't figure it out until the end. But is was a interesting plot. You should read it. I will read more of this author .
Rhonda
Jun 04, 2012 Rhonda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook, 2012-read
I liked this story, but then the end ticked me off. While I admit that I did not see the ending coming at all, I didn't care for it.
Katie
Dec 04, 2012 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was slow to start, fast moving and page turning in the middle, but it was too long and the ending ruined it for me
Carl
Dec 03, 2011 Carl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story was good, tended to drag a bit at times filled with minute details. Editing in the Kindle edition is poor with frequent spelling errors.
Carolyn Dewalt
Sep 07, 2015 Carolyn Dewalt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I knew It!

Something told to expect a major twist and sure enough the ending will surprise readers. Good read but must admit to skimming the courtroom part.
Marla
Mar 26, 2013 Marla rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
This was a good book but certainly did not see the ending coming. I will not tell you as it would spoil the whole book. It was slow in many parts but all in all a good book.
Rosy Mendez
Dec 05, 2012 Rosy Mendez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Este libro me gusto mucho especialmente el final. Lo lei hace dos meses y todavia estoy en shock. Muy buen libro.
Lanette
Apr 07, 2012 Lanette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Found it difficult to start, but once I got into it, I didn't want to put it down. Good thriller that keeps you guessing as to what will happen.
Sherree
Apr 08, 2013 Sherree rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The plot is the stuff of nightmares, being accused of a crime you didn't commit and having to prove it. The last chapter was a surprise for me, but I found it very satisfying.
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2010
  • The Night Child
  • Nathan's Run
  • Irrefutable
  • The First Cut (Nan Vining Mysteries, #1)
  • The Slackers Guide to U.S. History: The Bare Minimum on Discovering America, the Boston Tea Party, the California Gold Rush, and Lots of Other Stuff Dead White Guys Did
  • Lovers Forever
  • Ancient Enemies
  • Coombe's Wood
  • Secret Admirer
  • The Murder Artist
  • The Grid
  • In Due Time - A Novella (Morna's Legacy, #4.5)
  • Dark Waters (Jeff Resnick Mystery, #6)
  • The Legacy of Cain
  • Change of Heart
  • Deep into Dusk (Gabriel McRay, #2)
  • A Change of Heart
  • Prisoner of the Flames
ALAN JACOBSON is the National Bestselling Author of several critically acclaimed thrillers. His 20 years of research and training with the FBI’s profiling unit, DEA, US Marshals Service, Scotland Yard, SWAT, and the US military bring unparalleled realism to his stories and characters—prompting the San Francisco Chronicle to say that “Alan Jacobson researches his books like a good newspaper reporte ...more
More about Alan Jacobson...