Start by marking “Stress-Proof Your Life: 52 Brilliant Ideas for Taking Control” as Want to Read:
Stress-Proof Your Life: 52 Brilliant Ideas for Taking Control

Stress-Proof Your Life: 52 Brilliant Ideas for Taking Control

3.11 of 5 stars 3.11  ·  rating details  ·  107 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Elisabeth Wilson looks at the sources of stress – occupational, genetic and environmental – and reveals 52 brilliant techniques for creating a stress-free zone. When your batteries are blown and burnout is imminent these top tips can help you regain control.
About the Author
Elisabeth Wilson's background was in medicine before becoming a journalist. She was Editor of Psychi
Kindle Edition, 2nd, 272 pages
Published March 31st 2006 by Infinite Ideas (Trade); (first published December 23rd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Stress-Proof Your Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stress-Proof Your Life

Maggie Mallory
I love reading self-help books. I don't know why. I like doing yoga even though my brothers and my father used to make fun of me. When I saw this book on Amazon for free, I thought "Why Not?"
I learned a couple of new techniques that I am going to try. I am also going to research some names, for example, a nutritionist Kathryn Marsden, and Karen Kingston. Also, look into flylady.com. When you are beyond stress, she reminded me of the prayer: "God, give me the serenity to accept things I cannot ch
TC
Let's face it, who doesn't have at least a bit of stress in their life? That's why I'm always open to ways of reducing stress and making life a little bit better. I picked this up as a Kindle freebie (still free as I write the review) and compared with the last non-fiction guide I picked up for free this one was pretty good.

Unsurprisingly it provides 52 ways to try and reduce stress levels. These hints encompass diet, organisation, relaxation and plenty more. What I liked was that the author ack
Monika
It was intriguing. Nothing new, actually, but it's a nice collection of good advices. I like the idea that your prorities have to change when everything is on your head. You have to choose what will be the most important. Also, I like the idea to overcome procrastination. Even though I don't like deviding tasks into many pieces and doing just bits of that and bits of other. That's not for me but the idea is nice itself.

I love the thought of planning realistically but dreaming big. It's not that
Kiran Kumar
This is one of the best self help books I have read off late. Can be described as a lively book full of real life examples with many pages dedicated to real questions asked by the toughest of the audience. Elisabeth Wilson is a doctor turned journalist/author.
The reader is taken through a journey of 52 brilliant ideas which touch each and every aspect of stress ever recorded which is supposed to have an adverse effect on the mental and physical balance of an individual, if neglected. Each and ev
Joanna Gawn
A really good collection of ideas which are well-thought out.

Some ideas I'm already using. Others I knew of, but needed a kick up the rear to encourage me to implement them. And some ideas are new and fresh.

I read the book at the point in my life where I recognised that I needed to review and upgrade my response to stress, and now book myself at least 45 mins daily for qi gong, meditation and yoga, whilst also using mini meditation moments to balance my energy better through the day.
Snicketts
Freebie from Kindle which I found surprisingly interesting. The style is friendly, the advice isn't completely esoteric, but achievable. Also, a lot of it involves lists and stationery, which are both passions of mine! Probably nothing ground-breaking in it, but it's nice to have it in bite sized pieces to test out in your daily life. I have already started using the 10,20,30 method to curb my tendency to procrastinate. It actually worked very well.
Maria
I got this as a Kindle Freebie. It's from an English author so some of the slang and grammar was awkward to read but the ideas presented are helpful. I have tried a few already and can see them being effective. I hope to re-read it again sometime and take some notes.
Jeff
Solid book with tips for reducing stress. It is a quick read, with most chapters taking about five minutes. I see this more as an organizational efficiency book with a number of tricks worth trying.
Rosemary Daly
Are you stressed? This little work will give you 52 wonderful - doable - usable ideas to help combat it. I've already tried some - and it has been quite beneficial.
Candice Carden
I wish I would have gotten this in print instead of on my kindle! There are so many fantastic ideas that would be easy to implement into my life!
Ruth Laura Edlund
It actually had a few useful suggestions! My low expectations (it was free from amazon.com) were exceeded.
Shanna
It was okay. Not sure it helped any, but it has some good tips in it.
Hafizuddin
Some good idea in preventing stress. Ideas!
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Joe Kueser
Joe Kueser marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Jacqui
Jacqui marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
David Kavanagh
David Kavanagh marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Anne Sweeney
Anne Sweeney marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
dltfm
dltfm added it
Oct 02, 2014
Yogendra Pasupulati
Yogendra Pasupulati marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Marti
Marti marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
  • Boost Your Memory: Brilliant Ideas You Won't Forget (52 Brilliant Ideas)
  • The Personal Credibility Factor: How to Get It, Keep It, and Get It Back (If You've Lost It)
  • Living Rich by Spending Smart: How to Get More of What You Really Want
  • Power of Vitamin D: A Vitamin D Book That Contains the Most Comprehensive and Useful Information on Vitamin D Deficiency, Vitamin D Level,
  • The Truth About the New Rules of Business Writing (Truth About Series)
  • Lead with Luv: A Different Way to Create Real Success
  • Success is Not an Accident: Change Your Choices Change Your Life
  • Live Like You Mean It: The 10 Crucial Questions That Will Help You Clarify Your Purpose / Live Intentionally / Make the Most of the Rest of Your Life
  • Critical Thinking: Tools for Taking Charge of Your Professional and Personal Life
  • The Lazy Project Manager: How to be Twice as Productive and Still Leave the Office Early
  • Know What You Don't Know: How Great Leaders Prevent Problems Before They Happen
  • The 7-Day Doubt Diet
  • 25 Days to Better Thinking & Better Living: A Guide  for Improving Every Aspect of Your Life
  • Today We Are Rich: Harnessing The Power Of Total Confidence
  • In the Line of Fire: How to Handle Tough Questions When It Counts
  • The Nightmare Stone
  • Robert's Rules of Writing: 101 Unconventional Lessons Every Writer Needs to Know
  • The brilliant book of calm: Down to Earth Ideas for Finding Inner Peace in a Chaotic World (52 Brilliant Ideas)
Elizabeth Wilson is the CEO and President of EW & Associates, Inc. Her management portfolio with exceeds over two million dollars to develop small businesses and includes initiatives funded by the Ebay Foundation, Hewlett Packard Philanthropy and the Prudential Foundation.\r
\r
Elizabeth is a true expert in low and moderate community economic development. Since 1996, she has provided professiona
More about Elizabeth Wilson...
Shostakovich: A Life Remembered Adorned in Dreams: Fashion and Modernity War Damage Jacqueline Du Pre: Her Life, Her Music, Her Legend The Girl in Berlin