Start by marking “I, Omega” as Want to Read:
I, Omega

I, Omega

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  1,409 ratings  ·  203 reviews
After one mind-shattering night with a stranger at a local leather bar leaves him forever changed, Gabriel lives on the streets as a vagrant to elude the master who hunts him, but the were-shifter is a fierce, stubborn predator who reclaims him soon enough. Gabriel is carried away to the pack’s home territory where his instruction on what it means to be the pet of an alpha ...more
Published September 6th 2011 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about I, Omega, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I, Omega

Change of Heart by Mary CalmesWith Caution by J.L. LangleyWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
46th out of 694 books — 1,026 voters
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsComfort Food by Kitty ThomasSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSlave by Sherri HayesThe Riding School by C.P. Mandara
BDSM Slave-Captive Stories
19th out of 293 books — 725 voters

More lists with this book...

MLE
I really have no idea why I read this, so I'm giving it an extra star because it makes me feel more fair, and open minded.

description

I found Gabriel to be too submissive for my tastes, and his flashes of independence made me think that this relationship was not something he truly wanted; that the bond between him and his Master was more coercion and Stockholm syndrome than twu lurve. He is physically unable to tell this guy no, and has to be forced into setting his limits. He says he doesn't want a 24-7 D/
Loederkoningin
CUM.

That will be the theme of this review. So please cum hither!

I'm pretty sure I've never abandoned a book this early on, but I waded through 2 torturous chapters AKA 25 pages and I... can't... take... any... more.

Am I overreacting? Exaggerating? It’s true that I don’t particularly delight in geysers of sperm. It’s also a fact that I could be offered a million and still decline being on the receiving end at a bukkake party. If thick globs of cum, showers of spunk, and ropey sprays turn you on l
Monique ~ Sinfully... Addicted to All Male Romance
Once upon a time... he was normal! Once upon a time... he was human! Now... he was running from the man who's very being he craved more than life itself!...

This is the second novel I have read from Kari Gregg and I have to say I love her style of writing... she hits you hard and fast, immediately gaining your attention, throwing you into the middle of the action before the details are drip fed slowly, encouraging you to turn the pages for more snippets of information.

As with Collared, I Omega is
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
January Author of the Month...

The Gregg

It happened again. I'm not sure how she does it, but The Gregg did it again. She's little by little making me her dirty little bitch.

description

I picked this up and the next thing I knew I was done. I was sucked into the KNOTTING/shifter/fuckhot/slaveboy/collars void. Ok, ok, I went willingly. Who am I kidding?

TWO WORDS: SO. HOT.

description

A couple times. Tis true. Cal and Gabriel are that hot.

"Mine to feed, mine to fuck. Mine to play with, punish, and protect. Say it."

"You'
Elizabetta
Luscious, erotic shifter BDSM. Lots of sex but what sex it is!

Mesmerized by the obsession between Cal and Gabriel, I couldn't put this down. At times I really wanted Gabriel to pull away and keep some part of himself, reclaim his independence. He didn't ask for what happened to him...or, did he? Seduced by the idea of two people belonging so completely to each other, I totally loved this.
Aiko
What a pile of rubbish this was...

Since I already have a Gabriel in mind when I hear that name, I changed this ones name to Hans-Peter (HP). Cal goes by Sunshine, since we didn't learn Cal's name before around 30% of the book, and I refuse to refer to him as either Master or Sir, by then Sunshine was firmly established as his name in my mind.

And not saying a word about the writing-style (I think I was to shocked and disgusted by the content to actually notice the style), here are some of the mom
Em
If you like BDSM and shifters then you'll love this one! It was my first book by Kari Gregg and I thought the story was well written, fast paced and really hot. My only disappointment is that there's no sequel.
Emma Sea
This was yummy; hot sex that's kind of violent, and the author doesn't explain the whole world to us but gives us some info along the way and trusts us to work it out.
Breann
Not quite what I was expecting, but in a good way. In a really good way. These are my favorite types of Dom/sub and master/slave relationships.

There is a sweet, sweet slave boy, who wants nothing more than to please his master. Paired with an affectionate and loving master who gives constant praise to their good little slave boy. And pet names like "pretty baby" and "my pet" make me all kinds of hot.

2.5 Stars

I, Omega was a mixed bag of love and disappointment for me. So let the rambling begin…. :)

We jump right into this story with both feet running. Gabriel had a “normal” day to day life with a job, routine, obligations, and joys. But after one night with Cal, a Dom were-shifter, Gabriel’s life changes forever. Cal takes Gabriel deeper into his submission and into a world filled with dangerous desires and new ways to be marked, cared for and cherished. No matter how fast or far Gabriel runs
Jj Nightsong
1 star - this story was a mess, with contradictions and scenarios that baffled me.

Cover - the single torso works for me, the scratches on the backdrop are good. There's a sort of water stain on his belly that bleeds out a tattoo on his arm - is this meant to be there?

MC's - Gabriel - a submissive, 32 years old, accountant. Story is from his 3rd person POV. Cal - dominant shifter (wolf), alpha, runs an investment company.

BDSM - yes, there's lots. Spanking, both as punishment and pleasure. Tattoo
Lilia Ford

No one, and I mean no one, can write a submissive character quite like Kari Gregg. Gabriel is amazing, and Cal seriously knows how to dominate the man. The sex between them is beyond hot, but it wasn't just the sex scenes. Everything about their dynamic is just so intense and erotic.

My main gripe is that I wish the book was longer. I would have liked more world-building, and definitely more of an ending. Like all of Gregg's books, the story feels incomplete and the ending rushed. It's a testame
Ayanna
*sigh. I honestly thought it was going pretty well, too. Well, it was pretty good? Not great. By no means even near great. It was...solid, though, I think. The explorations into Gabe's identity confusion/crisis as a result of the bonding thing were interesting and semi-valid.

And then...it...devolved. The "resolution" of the giant clusterfuck impasse that went on for literally 75% of the book was the "rape"-love thing I absolutely despise from old yaois - where the uke's technically forced into i
Serena Yates
This was an interesting reading experience, in the best sense. The blurb pulled me in, but when I started reading I was disappointed at first. Initially, it sounded a lot like 'just another' Master/slave story with a cruel Master and a more than unwilling sub. Even if the sub 'sort of wanted' to be treated like he was, his mind clearly wasn't into it. I kept reading because a few people had given it great reviews, so, clearly, they saw something here that I hadn't yet discovered.

I have to say, I
MiʂħүJѻ

I love books with a D/s relationship, especially when the sub submits so completely without the BDSM being overly hardcore. That's what we get here. And, even though I don't usually read shifter-type books, I really enjoyed this one. If you are looking for a quicky with BDSM-y shifter kink, this is a good place to be. If you are looking for deep and meaningful, this may not that book.

My major complaint is that the story ended way too soon. Minor spoiler: (view spoiler)
Vanessa North
Vanessa-crack.

I can't even say what it is I love about Kari Gregg so much except that it is really hard to find the super-pervy stuff really well written. And Kari Gregg can *write*. For me, this wasn't quite my fave of hers (pretty poison gets my vote for that) but it was definitely more of the perv-fest from my favorite perv-dealer.

Jenni Lea

Yep, there was knotting. Lots and lots of knotting. Loved it!
Ann
This one vacillated between 2 and 4 stars for me, so I'm splitting the difference.

It really took a long time to get going on the plot. Gabriel didn't really show a touch of spine or personality until about 60%. Before that he was just a confuzzled cum dump prone to panic attacks and I was stuck in his head. Once the actual story got going I liked it and once Gabriel became an actual character with thoughts outside of Cal I enjoyed it a lot more. Their dynamic after that was my favorite part.

A
Corazon
Nov 07, 2011 Corazon rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: gay
At first, the author has a good writing style.
But that is all good what I can say about this book.

Where is the story? What is the story?
Whoever has written the blurb does a really good job.
But the rest of the book?? Eewww!!

(view spoiler)
Awilk -never sleeps-
Kari Gregg is one of the few author's who can write such short stories that I enjoy. She puts a lot of story in a small number of pages. This story was a D/s m/m read. Now for more then initials.

Characters:

Gabriel. A human white collar working son of a Senator. A gay submissive. A human Omega. The man an Alpha shifter's wolf chose for his own.

Cal. An Alpha shifter. A dominant who has the tendency to spoil his sub and a man who will hunt you down if you run from him.

At the start, Cal had already
Mary
This book takes you on a rollercoaster of emotions because you're riding with the main character and he has no clue to what's going on at first. The truths are revealed slowly, peeled away in slow layers that I enjoyed. And I would have worried for him, for Gabriel, that he was being abused but from the beginning, at every moment you hear in his own thoughts that he needs Cal, wants whatever Cal wants, and needs to be claimed by his master. To feel whole, Gabriel needs the ownership and the outw ...more
Valentina Heart
This is not a story without flaws. In fact, I would say there were a lot of things that could have used more work. Explanations were rare and mostly inconclusive. The definition of Gabriel's exact role in that pack wasn't as clearly defined as it could have been and Cal was conflicting in himself and especially when it came to his relationship toward Gabriel.

What bothered me the most was lack of details about the world. It seemed like it would be overwhelming and interesting and I know I would h
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Updated here's my official review. Click the logo.

BDSM Reviews

This was an odd one for me. I'm writing out my thoughts before I write my official review. I like Ms. Gregg's books. I liked the theme ~ BDSM. I also enjoy shifters. Still, this one rubbed me slightly the wrong way. It's taken me a couple of days to figure out what bothered me. It's the BDSM interaction. It was off for me.

1. The punishment scene just didn't flow for me. First of all, 10 swats is nothing. I'm not sure how much a werewolf would s
M'rella
I loved the story. It was intense and sexy and Cal was a perfect dom.
I wish there was more. Jake is definitely an interesting person and I was a little disappointed he had so abruptly vanished at the end of the book. Nevertheless - 5 stars!
Dee

Shiznit that was hot. Good golly. And romantic in the end. Yeah, don't give up people who don't like what this seems like it is at the beginning because it's sort of going somewhere else. In fact I'm thinking I should up the stars to five not four because really, it's all sorts of hot, yet touching and tells you something about people too. I think, wait for it this touched me. Yup, no, it's rounding to five stars. I dislike voyeurism, I don't get it. At first I thought Cal was being unn
Heller
Oh this did not work for me. I guess slave fic isn't my thing. :/
Virginia
Not only is the cover hot but so is the book. The first 30 pages include one long domination/submission scene which gives some backstory and is one of the most erotic sex scenes I've read in m/m d/s in awhile. It simply didn't get old or repetitive. It got into the mind of the sub so completely.

The story is about Gabriel and Cal. Gabriel is an accountant and a long time submissive with a conservative senator for a father (who loves him). Cal is a wolf shifter. Cal bit Gabriel the night they firs
Sammy Goode
I must be honest--I did not start out wanting to love this story! I wanted to hang on to the notion that Cal was just an abusive Master--a dom who thrived on humiliating his sub. I wanted to think that Cal could not possibly be any good for Gabriel--that somehow Gabriel would escape this all consuming wereshifter who held him captive body and soul! I didn't want to hang on every word, tremble at every turn of the page, gasp at every sex drenched scene. But in the end, what I wanted didn't matter ...more
Fossilfriendly
Jesus this book.

I picked it up because, well, I do like shifters and its really hard to find a good series about shifters.

The problems start early on with this book Gabriel is terrified of his master, the guy who turned him into some kind of human with shifter powers or something. So terrified he ran away the first chance he got and has been living on the streets ever since. But the moment Cal shows all of Gabe's resistance disappears and he submits completely to him. He has no choice in the mat
Q&amp;A with Kari...: I, Omega 20 47 Jan 04, 2012 11:09AM
  • Gamble Everything (Gamble Everything, #1-7)
  • What Worse Place Can I Beg in Your Love?
  • Winner Takes All: Master/Slave Fantasies by Christopher Pierce
  • Tribute
  • Pathfinder
  • Obedience Training
  • The Copper Horse: Fear (The Copper Horse #1)
  • Be Brave (Angel and the Assassin, #2)
  • Duck! (Avian Shifters, #1)
  • Kraken
  • Concubine
  • Acquainted with the Night
  • Dead to the World (Water Lovers of Sirilon #3)
  • Hell and Beyond (Broken, #2)
  • November (November, #1)
  • Angel (Angel, #1)
  • Fog: A Novel of Desire and Reprisal
  • Bound and Determined
Kari Gregg lives in the mountains of Wild and Wonderful West Virginia with her Wonderful husband and three very Wild children. When Kari’s not writing, she enjoys reading, coffee, zombie flicks, coffee, naked mud-wrestling (not really), and . . . coffee!

If you would like to catch up with Kari, caffeinate yourself and head to http://www.KariGregg.com
More about Kari Gregg...
You Melted Me Pretty Poison Collared Spoils of War (Spoils of War, #1) The Importance of Being Denny

“I won’t run.” Gabriel gulped. “I promise.”
“You aren’t being punished; you’re being protected.” Cal snorted. “But you’ll run. When you’re scared or hurt, your first instinct is to run. You can’t help it any more than I can resist chasing you.” The shifter leaned to brush his mouth over Gabriel’s. “Be smart, pet. Run to me.”
6 likes
“I don't know who-what-I am anymore."

"You're mine. That's all you need to understand." His grasp tightened around Gabriel like steel bands. "Mine to feed, mine to fuck. Mine to play with, punish, and protect. Say it." Gabriel's breath locked in his chest at his furious growl. The shifter snarled Gabriel's name against the tender skin of his throat in stark warning. Gabriel's heart thudded.

"I'm yours," he gasped, scrambling to remember it all. "Yours to feed, yours to fu-" Gabriel shouted when the sharp teeth pierced him. His dick happily stirred.”
5 likes