Start by marking “Sandstorm” as Want to Read:
Sandstorm

Sandstorm (Tales of Tavamara #2)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  289 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The Desert is a source of mystery and awe, an uncontrollable land which only the savage Tribes that live there can endure. Stories are told of those wild Tribes who control the untamable Desert, the bloody battles that are waged in a place where alliances are as shifting as the sands. Amongst the Tribes of the Desert, one of the most feared is Ghost, led by the bloodthirst ...more
Published February 8th 2011 by Less Than Three Press (first published January 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Sandstorm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sandstorm

Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
I admit, at first I thought Sandstorm would've been a better book without the harem theme, but as the story progressed and it became obvious who the harem members were going to be I couldn't help but think "Damn. This is pretty sexy." Lol!

Anyway though this isn't one of my favourite works by her, I adored the book and would definitely reread it. It was fun, angst-free, enthralling and definitely worth the buy. I enjoyed it a lot, especially after the incredibly emotionally taxing book I read jus
Katie
If it hadn't taken me until 33% to figure out who was who and what was going on, I'd have considered 5 stars for this. :) Despite that, I thought it was a great book.
Anatheia
The world setting and the plot was really interesting and original.
It was a really good plot, I loved it.

Unfortunately, the romance was not there. I can find love in a menage relationship, I don't have anything against it. But in a harem? Sorry, I can't. It's not love. It's lust and affection.
There is no real connection between them, except Sahayl and Isra.

It was disappointing because the rest is amazing. Megan Derr has a gift for telling stories and has a beautiful style. She's one of my favo
Emy
Sahayl is known as the Sandstorm, son of the bloodthirsty shiek of the Ghost tribe of the Great Desert. The tribes have always fought amongst themselves, but now it looks as though there is an outside threat. The tribes must join together or perish, and Sahayl must reshape the Sands in the way that only a Sandstorm can.

Reading Sandstorm after The King's Harem was certainly an interesting experience. I already kind of knew how the book would turn out, after all. Oops. ^^; For anyone wondering, th
Zeh
AdekYool
As always, since I got hooked up with Derr's books this past couple of months, I found out I really am liking her style of writing! And this one is probably my 9th book of hers so far, and I was not disappointed in the least bit! I loved her way of telling the tales from the desert lands in such a way that made my imagination grow ever more stronger with every page I turn to the next :))
Ryoma Gartre
The story is compelling and the plot is good, I just would have liked a little more romance. (view spoiler)
Alison
Loved it. It ties in, sort of, weaving around "The King's Harem", which I think is great, without spoiling anything. Definitely want to read more of Tavamara.
Emmie
my fav author wrote a good book with nice characters and a good plot....I'm just not into it. Huh. it happens.
Kas
Kas marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Donna
Donna added it
Dec 05, 2014
Dpgblover
Dpgblover marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Curtis
Curtis marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
K.S
K.S marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Mihaelaa
Mihaelaa marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
aya hineshi
aya hineshi marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Netasha
Netasha marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Lucas Grochot
Lucas Grochot marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
anthony justin
anthony justin marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
sassygirl
sassygirl marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
  • Living Words
  • Azure Seas & Dragon Isles
  • Fairytales Slashed 4
  • That Famous Happy End
  • The Lodestar of Ys
  • The Devil's Fire (The Kingdom of Orielle, #1)
  • Shadow Hunt
  • The Land of Night (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #3)
  • Dragon Slayer
  • Sacred Fate (Chronicles of Ylandre #1)
  • A Cut Above the Rest
  • Kei's Gift (Darshian Tales, #1)
Megan is a long time resident of m/m fiction, and keeps herself busy reading, writing, and publishing it. She is often accused of fluff and nonsense. When she's not involved in writing, she likes to cook, harass her cats, or watch movies (especially all things James Bond). She loves to hear from readers, and can be found all around the internet.

maderr.com
maderr.tumblr.com
maderr.livejournal.com
More about Megan Derr...
The Missing Butterfly (Missing Butterfly, #1) The High King's Golden Tongue (Love is Always Write) Dance in the Dark (Dance with the Devil, #2) Dance with the Devil (Dance with the Devil, #1) Prisoner (Kria, #1)