Gwen: A Love Story About a Girl, a Boy, and a Pit Bull

Gwen: A Love Story About a Girl, a Boy, and a Pit Bull

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Caitlin, in the beginning of Stacy Ataree's Gwen, is starting yet another new high school and living with yet another new foster family.

She's a social outcast without friends or love, but her life changes when she rescues and hides an injured pit bull puppy she names Gwen, who just escaped from a near-lethal dog fight.

The two form a special bond and their pairing sets off...more
Published June 28th 2011 by EIMI Press

Michele Lee
Dear Ms. Ataree,

I downloaded Gwen when it was free on Amazon because the idea of a YA love story involving a pit bull sounded all kinds of awesome. And I have to say, your book was pretty clean, well formattedand had a cute cover.

Did I mention I really, really liked the idea? Unfortunately the writing just isn't there...yet. Don't get me wrong, there's potential. Gwen reads like a first draft, the Get-this-story-out draft. But I should have been reading it at a crit group, not as a published boo...more
Shari
May 01, 2012 Shari added it
I loved this book. It was a simple, quick read with a few tense, suspenseful parts. I loved the characters. It's lendable on the Nook if anyone wants to borrow it.
Amanda Prickett
Amanda Prickett marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Eninaj Causing
Eninaj Causing is currently reading it
Jul 01, 2013
Jed
Jed added it
Jun 10, 2012
Lynne
Lynne marked it as to-read
May 03, 2012
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2012
Linda Rather
Linda Rather marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2011
The Prince of Fillmore High Semya My Formerly Dead Boyfriend Gwen: A Love Story About a Girl, a Boy, and a Pit Bull A Golem for Shoshanna