Start by marking “Nos Braços de Um Conquistador ” as Want to Read:
Nos Braços de Um Conquistador

Nos Braços de Um Conquistador (The Knights of Brittany #2)

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  307 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Era uma batalha de poder. Ela devia render-se a ele... O forte, valente e honesto Giles Fitzhenry era um guerreiro que nunca tinha conseguido livrar-se da vergonha de ser um filho bastardo. Para salvar a sua gente e as suas terras, lady Fayth devia casar-se com aquele poderoso cavalheiro bretão contra a sua vontade. Ela desejava acima de tudo desfazer-se daquele esposo, ma ...more
Livro de Bolso, 320 pages
Published 2011 by Harlequim Internacional (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Nos Braços de Um Conquistador, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nos Braços de Um Conquistador

Lynn Spencer
Sep 02, 2015 Lynn Spencer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars I had mixed feelings about this book. On the one hand, I thought the author did a great job of giving it a real setting. There is no mistaking that this book is not only a medieval, but that it is set in England shortly after the Conquest. The romance sits nicely front and center, but the backstory of the Normans establishing their rule over the Saxons after having won at Hastings runs continuously through the story such that the romance and the rest of the story are inseparable.

And th
Émeraude

Well...review in portugais! sorry u_u

Primeiro livro da excelente série Os cavaleiros da Bretanha, "The Conqueror's Lady", conta a história de Lorde Giles o bastardo bretão agraciado com terras e um título, além de uma noiva.
Já tive a oportunidade de ler os três livros da série, mas fiz um caminho inverso nessa ordem: 2,3 e 1. Sendo que o meu personagem preferido encontra-se no livro 3 (Soren <3), mas na minha opinião o melhor livro é o número 1, a história de Giles é muito bem trabalhada e d
Cris
May 08, 2013 Cris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historicos, medieval
Estou adorando essa autora! Ela escreve sobre uma idade média real, e não aquela aguinha com açúcar idealizada, com cavaleiros em armaduras reluzentes e moçoilas ingênuas trancadas na torre. Digamos que aqui o buraco é mais embaixo...

A historia se passa na época da conquista da Inglaterra por William, o Conquistador e da carnificina que se seguiu.
Giles é um filho bastardo, que junto com outros dois amigos, também bastardos, recebem de William feudos para defender. E Giles chega com a missão de
Karla
Beautiful cover has the promise of a great book, but it was anything but. By-the-numbers and uninvolving. The author could have benefited from a strict editor, as Brisbin seems infatuated with the phrase "once more" and the word "more" in general. The dialogue is stiff and Medieval 101, at times sounding drawn out to increase word count. The overall quality was run of the mill fanfiction with a vast share of the book concerned with groin-tightening and wet lady parts at the expense of any real c ...more
Bhavya Gupta
2.5 stars.
An okay book, not bad, not great. Just okay!
PMHE
Feb 25, 2015 PMHE rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to like this book, but it just did not deliver. I was really annoyed with the heroine, Fayth. She behaved in ways that I found unintelligent and lacking common sense. For example, she still refers to Edmond as one of her "dearest friends" near the end of the book and he had certainly proven himself to not be a friend at all. She made other decisions to withhold information from Giles that just didn't make any sense.

But what really killed the book for me was the fact that the read
Evelyn
Apr 12, 2010 Evelyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, romance
Despite his illigetimate birth, Giles Fitzhenry fought with William the Conqueror and was rewarded with the lands of the Baron of Taerford, who died in the battle. Now Giles must marry the Baron's daughter Lady Fayth to unite his new lands.

Read for the romance writer's awards. I really enjoyed this book more than I thought I would.
Linda Andrews
Nov 08, 2009 Linda Andrews rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first introduction to this author and I found this a fun and compelling read.
Caron Pescatore
Feb 26, 2015 Caron Pescatore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Claudia
This was more or less a solid read but there quite some things which did nothing for me.

I cared for Giles and could understand him and his motives. he was very honorable and honest but sometimes I wanted to kick him, as he let Fayth off the hook too easily.
Fayth could have been a great character but she lost some of my respect with her actions and although she tried to do her best in the end, I admire Giles for reacting as he had.

all in all, a good but not perfect read
Gail
Aug 16, 2014 Gail rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This light, fun romance novel flows nicely and entertains thanks to Brisbin's trademark perspective shifting and clear, intelligent writing. Unfortunately, the heroine didn't appeal the way hers usually do, and the relationship between the two lacked an emotional heat that left the steamy scenes falling flat. Though not my favorite, since it's Brisbin, it's still good.
Amanda
Jun 18, 2013 Amanda rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brain-junk-food
Ok... at first I was thinking that this book would get a solid 3 star from me.... but not by the end. There was too much "blah blah blah" Another reviewer described it as: "...Medival 101 to bring up the word count..." Pretty much spot on. If the two leads weren't having sex, then they were talking about sex/thinking about sex, or..... medival 101.... There just really wasn't a good enough story to suck me in on. Yeah, the basic romance story was there, I've read this type of story before.... an ...more
Shopgirl
Apr 28, 2015 Shopgirl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't think of anything I didn't enjoy about this. I liked the writing style and the setting was pretty cool. I never found myself annoyed with the characters, which is always a good thing. Will look for more of the author's books in the future.
Amanda Penley
i enjoy all of this authors books :)
Nov 08, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great historical. Really enjoy the differences between characters and how they came together and had their HEA.
I loved that Giles see himself as a bastard and not worthy but willing to make every effort to see his marriage work.
I also like that lady fayth isn't a weeping week noble women but strong and know when topick her fights. Great end HEA.
Lois
Dec 20, 2010 Lois rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
SheLove2Read
Started out really great and had potential to be "not just another highland romance" but sadly toward the end, the author fell back on the tried and tired themes of trust issues and the female lead not listening to reason.
Readitnweep
He's never been able to get over his illegitimate birth and she's forced to marry him. This was okay: characters and plot were okay but didn't suck me in as other Brisbin books have.
Tasneem
Jul 09, 2013 Tasneem rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: norman-saxon
Having wanted to read this for a while, I was not disappointed. Well written I adored Giles. He is so noble and struggles so hard to find his feet as a suddenly elevated Lord.
Kiru Taye
May 15, 2011 Kiru Taye rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TB delivered a scorcher. Just the way I love my historical romance full of adventure and passion.
Lubna
Dec 08, 2012 Lubna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
a mills and boon...no need to say more.
Larissa
Larissa rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Beverly L Askew
Beverly L Askew rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2016
JANNET
JANNET rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2016
christine russell
christine russell rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2016
Leilah
Leilah marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Kelly
Kelly added it
Jun 07, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 05, 2015 10:09AM
  • Reynold de Burgh: The Dark Knight (de Burgh, #6)
  • The Holding (Medieval Knights, #1)
  • The Notorious Knight (King John, #2)
  • Bedded by the Warrior
  • The Notorious Mr Hurst (Scandalous Ravenhursts, #5)
  • The Viking's Defiant Bride (Victorious Vikings #1)
  • The Penniless Bride (Harlequin Historical #725)
  • The Return Of The Prodigal (Romney Marsh #6)
  • More Than a Mistress (Rakes in Disgrace, #2)
  • Blackheart
  • Her Warrior King
  • The Border Lord
  • The Shy Duchess
  • Viking Warrior, Unwilling Wife
Terri Brisbin is a USA TODAY Bestselling author and three-time RWA RITA finalist, and has had her historical and paranormal romances published in more than 20 languages and 25 countries around the world since 1998. She’s written more than 33 novels, novellas and short stories for Berkley/Jove, Harlequin and Kensington Books. Now working on more romances for NAL/Signet and Harlequin, Terri has also ...more
More about Terri Brisbin...

The Knights of Brittany (4 books)
  • A Night for Her Pleasure (The Knights of Brittany, #1) (Harlequin Historical Undone!)
  • The Mercenary's Bride