Start by marking “A Matter of Time, Vol. 1 (A Matter of Time #1-2)” as Want to Read:
A Matter of Time, Vol. 1 (A Matter of Time #1-2)

A Matter of Time, Vol. 1 (A Matter of Time #1-2)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  2,555 ratings  ·  248 reviews
Vol. 1 (Books One and Two)

Jory Keyes leads a normal life as an architect’s assistant until he is witness to a brutal murder. Though initially saved by police Detective Sam Kage, Jory refuses protective custody—he has a life he loves that he won’t give up no matter who is after him. But Jory’s life is in real jeopardy, especially after he agrees to testify about what he sa
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 280 pages
Published July 17th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Matter of Time, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Matter of Time, Vol. 1

julio
outrageous fortune.

perfectly absurd, and i ate it up like a pig at the trough.

you set an alpha top like that before me in real life and i would climb him like a tree, slide backwards onto his cock like a chinese gymnast on crystal meth, and spin like a roman fucking candle.

that is all.
SheReadsALot
4.5 HEARTS--Confession: I am a Jory Keyes and Sam Kage virgin.

Relax...I am Jory virgin, no longer.

I have already considered myself part of the Calmes guild, so to say. I love her words, don't care what anyone else has to say about it. She's my crack and I will huff it whenever I want. Her words give me just what I want: hot alpha vs. a matyr-ish lovable, less dominant man. It's like coming back for your favorite treat each time.

Now I understand the Jory references to all that come after.

Now I ge
Amy Lane
Okay, I was exceptionally stressed and I needed a story that was going to give me a tremendous happy so I reached for these books, which I had been saving for a rainy day. I could not have chosen better.

Jory is one of Mary's most memorable creations--flighty, brilliant, self-indulgent at the same time he'd do anything for a friend, Jory is complex, irritating, and wonderful. Sam starts out the series as a complete bastard--but he's also tormented and pretty in love with Jory so we can forgive hi
Fiona Goodman
Casting of A Matter of Time. Written review to follow

Jory: Mathias Lauridsen (The only guy pretty enough to make a straight man gay....)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sam: This gorgeous unknown man...

Photobucket

Or....

Chris Hemsworth (Blonde,brown hair, check. Slate blue eyes, check. 6"3 inches, close enough...and hot,hot hot!!!)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Dane: Hugh Jackman (Hansome, debonair and damn sexy in a tux!).

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Dane's expression when Jory does something stupid....

Photobucket
Jenni Lea

Re-read number... one gazillion? two?
Ingela
Written October 24, 2014

4 Stars - Great start to an engrossing heart-breaking (long) love story

Book #1 and #2

Collection Volume with book # 1 and # 2 in the A Matter of Time series.

A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #1) by Mary Calmes A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #2) by Mary Calmes

See my full reviews here:

#1 - A Matter of Time 1 (3.8 stars)
#2 - A Matter of Time 2 (3.7 stars)

..all together a good 4 star "read".

***********************************************************

I've listening to the 12:17 hrs audiobook narrated by Paul Morey. He was fabulous.

********************************************
Susan

My dentist is going to be a RICH man! This book is so sugary that I have a mouth full of cavities.

Jory is perfect.
Sam is perfect.
Dane is perfect.
Everyone is so freaking perfect.

But here’s where my weakness comes in: I love any freaking book with a closeted cop and his more-than-likeable love interest.

EVERYONE loves Jory…so why should I be any different?

Yes, this book is too sweet.
Yes, this book is unbelievable.
Yes, everyone in this book is gorgeous and charming and attractive and sexy.
Y
Jennifer☠Pher☠
TEN MILLION 's...if you expect any kind of review out of me you are insane. Thank God for the next book because that ending, well that ending could erase all the 's. But it won't, because I have the next book and I believe, I have faith and I WANT! Read. ...more
Sara
This is a crazy story. It is. A Crazy In Love Story and I am stupidly, crazy in love with it. Sure, there is so much that I could totally pick on or at... I mean, everyone loves Jory, tells him he is beautiful, wants to feed and fuck him. But you know what? I kinda want to see those eyes, those lashes he has and take him for dinner and pretend he was straight for a night. Maybe? Who knows. All I know is this book gave me all the right feels when I needed it.
“Jory Keyes,” he said softly, his f
Bev
Well, I didn't want to like this compilation, cos you know, nothing else can compare to 'Frog', sighs....BUT I did like it although Jory took a bit of getting used to I have to admit, sooo kind, sweet and good but Sam, rawr!! Alpha male hottie, without a doubt. 4 stars from me.
Vivian
Bucking the crowd or somehow I read a different book. Put in spoiler tags cause my grievances reveal significant plot points.(view spoiler) ...more
Christina
Warning to all you Jory fans out there, this is going to be rough.

This was one of the most irritating and annoying books I've read in a long time and it's mainly because of the MC, Jory. The story is told from the first person narrative, by Jory. Jory is the most perfect person to walk the face of the Earth. At least this is what EVERYONE thinks, apparently except for me. Colleagues, friends, ex/new lovers, anyone who's fortunate to lay their eyes on the halo of light that surrounds him, loves h
Marte
This was just one big continuous journey of "what the fuckery"...

Detailed review here.
R * A Reader Obsessed *
*Audio edition*

Oh come on!!! You have got to be freakin kidding me! That ending? That cliffhanger?? Really?

Well I can see how some readers take issue with Jory and how loved he is on immediate sight. I admit that it was a bit over the top and I'm not sure how I would have interpreted many of his interactions had I read the book instead of listened to it because the narrator had me envisioning him a bit dismissive, a bit aloof, a bit wishy washy - with a dash of player thrown in.

This is only my
Èmina
I started out liking the story even though I got a bit confused when Jory started naming one friend after another but I thought it was ok and soon I will be able to tell who was who and get to know the secondary characters a bit better.
If you thought the same....good luck to ya!!!
Jon, James, Rick, Mich, Evan, Michael, Mary, Jill, Sue, Alexander, Cleopatra, Madona, Cher and so on and on and on....one name after another...seriously Jory knew almost every person on this planet (well ok that is not
KatieMc
Nov 24, 2014 KatieMc rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to KatieMc by: Irina
Shelves: audiobook
old book, new format Audiobook edition! This one is a for Irina.Book comments:When I first read Jory & Sam, I was not completely sold. Jory was likable, perhaps a bit too likable. And Sam was a bit creepy. I mean, he keeps popping up out of nowhere and barks orders at Jory. It doesn't feel romantic to me. Honestly, Jory has so many good options that are not Sam, I just don't get it. Jory says he is crazy about Sam, but I don't feel it. What I do feel is the bromance between Dane and Jory. I ...more
Trisha Harrington
I have always loved this series, and this book contains volumes one and two of the A Matter of Time series. Is it perfect? Nah. But I still love reading these characters and I always love revisiting a couple and their beginning.

Mary Calmes is amazing at writing these types of pairings and I have to admit, I love them! I've always had a thing for possessive guys and in this, Sam is possessive as hell! So that kind of hits the right spot with me and it always makes me happy.

Even though there were
Amanda
5 stars

1. Jory is unbelievably nice and patient. I don't know of anyone in this world that is as patient as him. I don't think it's possible.

2. Sam Kage is a complete jackass but I can't stop myself from liking him no matter how many times I wanted to go through my Kindle and beat his ass.

3. Nick the Doctor. What the hell man? Stage Five Clinger.

4. Dylan reminds me of my best friend.

5. Dane. He's so screwed up but I love him A LOT. I'm going to say more than Sam even.
Valerie *MM Romance Junkie*
There are not enough words in the English language to tell of my love for Sam and Jory. Add to that Paul Morey's absolutely perfect narration and you've got a story that I will listen to over and over. I can't even count how many times I've listened to this since the very first time in 2013. I know that I listen to this, at least, once a week. This will always be my favorite. It was the first audio narration that caused me to listen more than once. *sigh* I love it. I adore it.
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
I cannot believe I have waited this long to read this book. Fabo! Totally loved it - every second. Love Jory, Love Sam, Love Dane, it's a love fest all up in here! I doubt I could say more than everyone else has already said - although there are regular Calmes elements (such as all sorts of men who are the hottest men on earth) this one's strength, IMHO, is the dialogue. It was achingly perfect and exquisitely done. It doesn't get any better!
Heller
Classic Calmes and I loved it.

One of the things that I adore about this book is the relationship between Jory and Dane. That concept of found family is so fascinating to read and their scenes together just work so well.

I really enjoy reading about Jory's adventures here. Sliding through the sea of men that surround him until he runs into the immoveable Sam Kage. These two men just work together so well there's a tremendous frustration when their relationship runs into the rocks. Tremendous fru
Alex is The Romance Fox
A Matter of Time Vol 1 by Mary Calmes photo images9_zpsa38e3db9.jpgI’m trying to keep up with Jory Keyes!!!!!!!

Why haven’t I read this series before??? I've had it on my TBR list for a while and kind of had forgotten about it. Thank you Annie….reading your review had me grab Vol 1 and begin and adventure with a character that is totally unforgettable!

By then end I was suffering from whiplash. Truly!! Glued to my chair, I kept turning page after page as I followed this totally adorable man’s life, dodging bullets and thugs, dancing nights away at clubs, caring f
¸. • * ° *❧Gwen❧ •°**★
5 Pissed off Stars

I Have Lost My Mind, Cuz, I Still LOVE this Book---> 5 Stars~

And, , I am so glad the next book is out.

This Book~This Series...

This is in 1st person POV, I thought I hated 1st person POV...I am really a picky reader; but I'm so sucked into this story that I do not even give it a second thought~

I love, love, love Jory and even Sam, together their chemistry is fun, delightful and sizzling, but, this one Sam...ugh...pissed me off to end!

Sunny
Jul 01, 2012 Sunny rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Great story if you can get past how much everyone adores Jory and can't seem to keep their hands off him even when they've just met him. It is also annoying how many characters are introduced and then dropped. The rest of the story makes up for that, though.
Samantha
Feb 09, 2014 Samantha rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Samantha by: Jane (PS)
Somewhere around 4.5

Reading other peoples reviews I knew this would go one of two ways. I would either A.) Hate it and want to throw myself off a bridge or B.) Love it and want to throw myself off a bridge.

As it is, the answer is B.

A Matter of Time is about Jory, an out and proud playboy with a heart of gold. What starts out as saving a friends adorable dog turns into an accidental sneak peek at Murder 101. Of course, this puts him in a world of trouble, and when he refuses to enter Protective
Paisley
Ode to J...

There once was a man named Jory,
He made me obsess on this story.
He was very beautiful and so very kind,
And always in trouble with his distracted mind.

His skin was so golden and his eyes were so brown,
There was no one who could resist him in the whole windy town.
He had a big knack for trouble and an eye for things pretty,
He loved jazz clubs and good scotch and was always quite witty.

Then he met Sam - a big handsome guy,
The cop who started off straight - but then maybe was bi?
A detectiv
Brandilyn
I know this story isn't for everyone. Sam can be a douche and there is a huge dichotomy between the uber-alpha Sam and the twinkish Jory. That being said I absolutely adore this series. This is my 3rd time through the books and I want to go straight on to Vol 2/Book 3 right now! But, of course, I have a few other books I need to read first. Darn. I love the first person voice, even if my heart breaks for Jory a few times (especially at the end of book 2).
Runell
Please forgive me as I let out a little bit of steam for a few moments in the form of a few choice, very explicit curse words.

(view spoiler)

Okay. *Takes a deep breath* I'm good. For now. But seriously, though? UGH!

I'm so glad that this book/bound up of the first two books was recommended to me. I fell so hard for the characters especially Jory and Sam. The pl
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

This book is actually two books in one. Volume one had both book one and two and thank god for that because the ending of book one is so abrupt, I would’ve ran to buy book two if I didn’t have it right away anyway!

BOOK ONE
In book one, we meet Jory Keyes, who has to be one of my favorite M/M characters. Being inside his head is pure joy. I found myself smiling the whole time I was reading this book. Jory Keyes is simply too good looking for people to handle. It makes him magnetic and extremely l
Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel  (Oh My Shelves)
This one is hard. I liked it but I was exasperated a lot with the Jory Keyes/Harcourt & Sam Kage relationship.
Detective Sam Kage was investigating an attempted murder and had to protect Jory as a witness to that crime. Sam started off making snide comments about Jory, his looks and sexuality, but it became clear Sam was really curious. After taking a walk on the wild side with Jory, Sam starting warring with what he wanted versus what he thought he should want/have versus what his family/soc
  • Armed & Dangerous (Cut & Run, #5)
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • Death of a Pirate King (Adrien English Mystery, #4)
  • Private Eye (Liaisons #1)
  • Laurel Heights (Laurel Heights, #1)
  • Making Promises (Promises, #2)
  • Six Degrees of Separation (By Degrees, #2)
  • GhosTV (PsyCop, #6)
  • Like Coffee and Doughnuts (Dino Martini Mysteries, #1)
  • Sinner's Gin (Sinners, #1)
  • Long Time Gone (Hell or High Water, #2)
  • Mexican Heat (Crimes & Cocktails, #1)
  • Shattered Glass (Shattered Glass, #1)
  • Blood & Thunder (THIRDS, #2)
Mary Calmes lives in Lexington, Kentucky, with her husband and two children and loves all the seasons except summer. She graduated from the University of the Pacific in Stockton, California, with a bachelor's degree in English literature. Due to the fact that it is English lit and not English grammar, do not ask her to point out a clause for you, as it will so not happen. She loves writing, becomi ...more
More about Mary Calmes...

A Matter of Time (8 books)
  • A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #1)
  • A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #2)
  • A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #3)
  • A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #4)
  • Bulletproof (A Matter of Time #5)
  • But For You (A Matter of Time #6)
  • Parting Shot (A Matter of Time, #7)
  • Piece of Cake (A Matter of Time, #8)
Change of Heart (Change of Heart, #1) A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #1) Timing (Timing, #1) Frog Trusted Bond (Change of Heart, #2)

“It's a common form of kindness here on Earth to give people food to take home with them when they leave. We even have special receptacles to carry the food in. It's called Tupperware."
-- Jory explaining leftovers to Dane”
1 likes
“So help me God, if you don’t tell me where you are right this second I will shoot you myself as soon as I find your scrawny ass.” 0 likes