Start by marking “Mixed-Media Mosaics: Techniques and Projects Using Polymer Clay Tiles, Beads & Other Embellishments” as Want to Read:

4.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  106 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Imagine beautiful mosaic pieces with tiles that you easily create yourself! "Mixed-Media Mosaics" offers a fresh, new approach to a traditional art form. By making your own tiles from polymer clay, you control the size, shape, color and even the texture, resulting in beautiful finished pieces that include tabletops, boxes, jewelry and shrines.

In addition to learning tradit
Unknown Binding, 398 pages
Published January 1st 2012 by Northlight (first published June 7th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Mixed-Media Mosaics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mixed-Media Mosaics

Elizabeth
Jul 31, 2013 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what a phenomenal book! I'd had my curiosity piqued about polymer clay when I watched a YouTube video and saw what someone had made. She recommended this book, and I was completely blown away! I read it front to back in one sitting, then rushed over to my local craft store and purchased all the supplies I'd need to make my own tiles, which I plan to turn into pendants. I'm beyond inspired, and extremely enthusiastic about learning a new skill!
Palma
Jul 27, 2012 Palma rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book for introducing you to using clay. Laurie, is a very talented artists and this book will inspire you to work. the intructions are very clear with good photography and it is well written. Love this book!
Angela
Pros:
* Great tile-making ideas and painting tips. Unique ideas for mosaics, many of them real time-savers
* Wonderful box and "mosaicon" projects
* Nice descriptions of the process behind her featured works

Cons:
* I don't like that she recommends Original White Sculpey
* Would have liked to see more on "Bringing Meaning to Your Work"

See full review on my blog: Review: Mixed Media Mosaics
Dawn
Dec 30, 2008 Dawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crafts
I came across this book when searching for books on polymer clay ornaments. I thought it would be fun to make ornaments with my nieces this Christmas. I ordered this from the library and fell in love with the projects in this book. This book is the one that finally inspired me to go to the craft store and buy the things I would need to try my hand at some projects. A truly inspirational craft book.
Leslee
Oct 26, 2009 Leslee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: professional
Beautiful step-by-step book on making and adhering polymer clay tiles. Inspirational stories, as well. This book paid for itself, bringing in about $1500 at the school auction with various clay tile projects. Very easy to teach to children, fun and beautiful process and results.
Nicolette Anderson
Absolute eye-candy. This lady's work is stunning. Great instructions as well.
suzicq
suzicq rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2016
Lori Bean
Lori Bean is currently reading it
Aug 01, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Harry And Ruby
Harry And Ruby is currently reading it
Jul 08, 2016
Amelie Gressl
Amelie Gressl marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Enchylatta
Enchylatta marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Kathy Campbell
Kathy Campbell marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Sheba
Sheba is currently reading it
Apr 14, 2016
Samantha
Samantha rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2016
Shona
Shona rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2016
andria nieves
andria nieves is currently reading it
Mar 26, 2016
Libby
Libby marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2016
Carla
Carla rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Karyn
Karyn rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Karyn
Karyn rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
Corrinne Hanley
Corrinne Hanley is currently reading it
Dec 21, 2015
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2015
Wendy Slattery
Wendy Slattery rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2015