Start by marking “Fang of the Vampire (Scream Street, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fang of the Vampire (Scream Street, #1)

Fang of the Vampire (Scream Street #1)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  309 ratings  ·  32 reviews
When Luke Watson turns into a werewolf for the third time, the Government Housing of Unusual Lifeforms (G.H.O.U.L.) moves his family to Scream Street - a frightful community of vampires, zombies, witches, and sundry undead. Though Luke quickly makes friends, he vows to find a way to take his terrified parents home. The secret to opening the exit, he learns, is collecting s...more
Published July 12th 2011 by Candlewick Press (first published October 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Fang of the Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fang of the Vampire

Josh Charles

I
N
G
Holly Harker
I always shake my head at people who say they don't like series. Are they crazy? Nothing makes me happier than encountering a new series with an excellent concept and knowing I'll be able to return to it again and again. Scream Street is one such series, about Luke Watson the werewolf, Rhesus Negative the vampire and Cleo Farr the mummy. They all live in Scream Street, home to all kinds of supernatural creatures like surfer zombies and farting goblins.

I loved this from cover to cover - the exce...more
Jeremy Rice
My 4th grade students LOVE this series. It's suspenseful, entertaining, and at times funny. Many in my class cheered when I said I'd ordered another three in the series (making it nine and I'll be ordering the rest).

It has a super concept--a street where all the houses are haunted, but Donbavand's strength isn't creating new creatures. Instead, he's good at putting a fresh spin on the old standards--vampires, werewolves, mummies, zombies, witches, etc.

I wish the chapters weren't so long--it kin...more
Rawanaat
These books are really short and quick to read, great story and fun characters. I think I'm going to buy the second book
Kurt Scott
This was the first book I ever loved. Read it when I was about nine and it kickstarted my own creativity! I love the humour mixed with mild horror. I was VERY picky with books - and still am - and to this day I find this book astounding.
Brenda
Sep 13, 2012 Brenda rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Brenda by: Cover art and first chapter read
Shelves: fiction
Luke Watson and his family are mysteriously visited by a G.H.O.U.L team in the middle of the night and relocated to the town Scream Street a place for zombies, mummies, vampires and werewolves like Luke. The only problem is Luke's parents are "normals" and he is afraid that they are going to be frightened to death in their new town. Luke receives some help from two monster children and they attempt to outsmart the evil landlord Sir Sneer in order to find a way for his parents to return to their...more
Renee
Jan 09, 2010 Renee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 3rd-5th
Fang of the Vampire is the first in the Scream Street Series. Luke Watson and his parents unwillingly moved to Scream Street where there is no electricity and his neighbors are Resus Negative (son of two vampires), Cleo Farr (a mummy), and other supernatural creatures. Luke doesn’t mind their new neighbors as he is a werewolf, but he decides to get his ‘normal’ parents back to the real world. Mystery mixes with adventure and supernatural creatures. The plot moves quickly and the characters are e...more
Jaime Leroy
Luke has just transformed into a werewolf for the third time and he and his parents are shipped off to Scream Street where other “interesting” life forms live. There Luke meets a vampire, Resus, and a mummy, Cleo. The three become friends and once they realize the only way off Scream Street is to find the six relics of the founding fathers of the street, they begin their quest. Will Luke and his family escape Scream Street?

Cute book, but I think that it would be more interesting to an elementar...more
Naina
Even though this is a childish book it was very worth reading... Tommy Donbavard turned an ordinary boy into a cool less ordinary boy... I dont know but something about this book made me read it I have read nearly all of them but I cannot find the next one... This book allowed me to fantasise my own world creativly which is why i gave this book a 4... I would tell Tommy Donbavard to carrry on writing :)
Jess - The Tales Compendium
I think this is a really great series. Lots of fun and our three main characters get up to a whole lot of mischief. Great for reluctant readers. I borrowed the first book but will absolutely be buying the next ones, can't wait to find what Luke, Resus and Cleo get up to next! :)

Please note that my rating of 4 stars is in comparison to other books for this age group
Justin.h
I thought this book was good but not great. Alot of parts where really confusing cause you have no idead whos saying anything or whats happeing.
But anyways the book was about a boy that gor turned into a warewolf and his family was sent to this place called scream street where all the fantasy creatures live. He makes 2 friends a vampire and a mummy.
*Queen Diva*
I really enjoyed this book! And to be quite honest, I'm surprised at how much I liked it! I think it's because it was a good balance of things: it was well written, it was serious yet funny, and the characters had a fun wit about them that often made me smile or chuckle. I'm glad I came across this book and look forward to reading the rest!
Jessica Van Vleet
This was a super cute book for kids. There were enough pictures that the kids can't complain about there not being pictures, but not nearly enough for it to be a picture book. I love the whole idea of Scream Street! I read it in less than a day, just for an easy read. I am going to pass this along to the kids for a fun summer read.
yaBOOKS:
Amazing book, Tommy's writing style is amazing not too immature but can create suspense and mystery. His charatcers are unique in their same way, and supernatural individually. This book isn't just the predictable scary ghouly story, and yet he makes you think about things you wouldn't think about.
Kait
Fast, fun, and way cute!! Now I'm not a fan of spiders, but if they're goanna come clean my house I don't think I'd mind them as much!! :)
My little brother and I really enjoyed this book, it's the perfect book for little boys and girls who love a good scary(but not really scary)book!
Neefoo
I loved the main idea of the story, it was something new and exciting! It's definitely grabbing.. I couldn't stop reading it until it was over! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series to follow the trio's adventure.
Sebastian Peoples
I liked this book very much. I think this book is good for people that like haunted books. I liked it because I liked that they were trying to find a fang. Its awesome and a real vampire fang and I liked the ending.
Bev
The humour in these books would engage any reluctant reader in my opinion and there are many laughs to be had as an adult reader too - I particularly love the surfer dude zombie ;0) Should be in every school library.
Laela
3rd and 4th grade boys. Lots of action, adventure, fantasy, and general grossness to keep childrens interest. Cute pictures and interesting plot. Will be a great series.

Cupcake
I love the books this one is one of my fave if you are reading my comment you should really read the set if you don't you don't know what your missing out on
Lea
so very cute! this is a great introduction to the genre for younger readers and works as a gateway to more advanced series such as Oliver Nocturne!
Tray
cute childrens book. just the right amount of creepy for a kid.
Cstrand
Pretty good - for the Goosebumps reader who needs a new series.
Andrea Busby
It's okay. I really didn't like it! It had it parts were it was good!
Kate Hastings
best books for boys/ scary humor, grades 3-5
Melody Violine
seru banget, goosebumps kalah deh xD
Gemma
A great adventurous book
  • Prince of Dorkness (Wimpy Vampire, #2)
  • The Vampire's Photograph (Oliver Nocturne, #1)
  • The High Skies Adventures of Blue Jay the Pirate
  • Flood and Fang (The Raven Mysteries, #1)
  • Philippa Fisher and the Fairy's Promise (Philippa Fisher, #3)
  • The Bag of Bones (Tales from the Five Kingdoms, #2)
  • The Resisters #1: The Resisters
  • Captain Awesome to the Rescue!
  • Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again
  • Stink and the Midnight Zombie Walk
  • The Spook's Bestiary (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles)
  • Princess Posey and the First Grade Parade (Princess Posey, #1)
  • Greek Myths
  • Diary of a Wimpy Vampire (Wimpy Vampire, #1)
  • The Dragon Diary: Dragonology Chronicles Volume 2
  • The Academy (Steel Trapp, #2)
  • Garden Princess
  • The Exquisite Corpse Adventure
Tommy Donbavand is the author of the Scream Street series and more. A writer for several educational magazines, he also teaches writing and holds storytelling workshops. He lives in Lancashire, England.
More about Tommy Donbavand...
Doctor Who: Shroud of Sorrow Blood of the Witch (Scream Street, #2) Flesh of the Zombie (Scream Street, #4) Heart of the Mummy (Scream Street, #3) Skull of the Skeleton (Scream Street, #5)