Start by marking “Mothership” as Want to Read:
Mothership

Mothership

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  6 reviews
In the midst of Galactic War a new life-form is born--an AI starship. But with all its weapons and sophisticated programming, the sentient starship is not equipped for its greatest challenge--that of becoming the mother to the last three children of humanity.

The deadly T'kaan soon begin the hunt again after they discover that the human race is not quite extinct. As Mother...more
Published April 1st 2011 by Double Dragon Publishing (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Mothership, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mothership

Mary
It is not the best science fiction story out there or the most accurate depiction of an AI you will probably encounter. Despite all that, I found my self clouding on more than one occasion and rooting for the good guys and that, considering that I am out of my genre completely here, was for me a revelation. Does Four and a half stars compute mother?
John Capraro
Even though there was a great deal of head-hopping with the point of views, and a numnber of SPaG errors (some of which could've been caused by formatting issues), the story engrossed me. Which just goes to show that story trumps everything. Quite the epic and riveting sci-fi story. There were even several times where I became teary-eyed. The characters a that believable. I'm looking forward to reading Mr. Chandler's sequel, "Borne on Wings of Steel."
Adam Gott
The book did a good job of hooking me at the beginning but as I plodded along it became less and less enthralling as the strange relationship between the surviving humans and the 'mother' ship progressed.
Daniel
I liked the storyline and the characters. the only real problem I had with this book is the length. if this were broken down into two or three books it could have held my interest more.
Jordan Krueger
A quick but mostly enjoyable read. There was a young adult literature feeling to this, and some of it feels like wish fulfillment, but still a fun ride.
Janet
Pretty good despite the unattractive cover. A sci fi adventure starring a bunch of pregnant teens fighting for survival.
Alana
Alana marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
James
James added it
May 23, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Craig
Craig added it
Feb 16, 2014
Johnny LeBon
Johnny LeBon marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2013
Kevin Marshall
Kevin Marshall marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2013
Marticus
Marticus marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2012
Ali morgan
Ali morgan marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2012
Alan Batie
Alan Batie marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2012
Ingred Olesen
Ingred Olesen marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2012
I have always wanted to write.

Well, I dreamed of writing ever since I read my first book – Dolphin Island by Arthur C. Clarke. Books stirred my imagination, and great books stirred my soul. I love to read. And soon I yearned to know if I could write a book that stirred reader’s emotions as mine had been stirred by reading great books.

I wrote my first short story in high school. It was a monster st...more
More about Tony Chandler...
Borne on Wings of Steel The Last Dragon of the North Bluesky and Sunshine The Singer Lost In Time