Start by marking “A Herança de Stonehenge” as Want to Read:
A Herança de Stonehenge

A Herança de Stonehenge

3.34  ·  Rating Details ·  1,557 Ratings  ·  210 Reviews
A Oito dias antes do solstício de verão, um homem é esquartejado num terrível sacrifício no local antigo de Stonehenge perante uma congregação de adoradores com trajes cerimoniais. Em poucas horas, um dos mais famosos caçadores de tesouros do mundo suicida-se na sua mansão no campo. E deixa uma carta indecifrável ao seu filho, o jovem arqueólogo Gideon Chase¿ Juntando-se à ...more
Published 2011 by Livros d'Hoje (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Herança de Stonehenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Herança de Stonehenge

Lanie
Jun 23, 2016 Lanie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this novel Stonehenge is a 'woowoo' machine. It's the magic wotsit that makes things happen.

The characters are flat, stereotyped and dull. It does not seem to have a main character, instead it has three characters who barely interact with each other. None of them are interesting enough to care about.
Gideon, the archaeologist who never seems to consider Stonehenge from an archaeological perspective. He never mentions it's place in history, or its archaeological context, even to him it's just
Mohamed Osman
هذه الرواية من كثر رخامتها مسح الريفيوالأول الذي كتبته نتيجة انقطاع الكهربا ء ، فاضطررت أن اكتبه ثانية وبالطبع لن يكون مثل الأول .

الرواية من أسوء الروايات التي قرأتها وترجمتها أيضا كذلك ، بالإضافة إلي الدعاية الفجة المبالغ فيها علي غلاف النسخة العربية والتي لن ابالغ إذا قلت أيضا إنها كاذبة فبدءا من إنها رواية مناسبة لعشاق دان بروان والتي تعتبر إهانة لكاتب لربطه بتبعية لكاتب ثاني مرورا بانها رواية مشوقة تنافس أفضل ما كتب دان بروان فهي حتي لم تستطع أن تنافس الرمز المفقود التي اعتبرها أسوء ما كتب د
Peter
Sep 22, 2013 Peter rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
It says on the front "A thriller 5000 years in the making", I think it should of stayed hiddin for another 5000 years. No plot and just plain terrible.
Sarah ~
Dec 17, 2012 Sarah ~ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-reads

ستونهنج Stonehenge آثار ترجع لعصر ما قبل التاريخ
في سهل ساليسبري بمقاطعة ويلتشير جنوب غرب إنجلترا. يرجع تاريخها لأواخر العصر الحجري وأوائل عصر البرونز ( العصر الحجري الحديث ) .
استغرق بناء ستونهنج بين 200 سنة و500 سنة ...
وهو أحد الألغاز التاريخية الشهيرة

تأخذنا الرواية في أحداث طويلة جدا
إلى طائفة سرية تعرف بالحرفة ويقدمون قرابين لــ كائنات تعرف بالمبجلين ..

الرواية يتقصها شيء ما ..
قد يكون مساحة اكبر من المغامرة و كثير من السرعة ..
فهي تجري ببطء ..
ومكررة ...

تحاول الرواية الإجابة عن السؤال الكب
Paulo "paper books always" Carvalho
This novel is good. No doubt about it. I read the last two hundred in fifty pages in two days, which for me was very good. Unheard this last six months.

The book follows a couple of characters, a son who is trying to uncover why his father killed himself. A woman in a police station trying to connect a kidnapping, a suicide and a murder. And we also follow the main antagonist (if you can call him that) and a celebrity from the Survivor's series and daughter of the Vice President of America.

Well,
Lorena
Apr 28, 2013 Lorena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller-mystery
I would definitely not call this work a blockbuster thriller nor a Da Vinci Code rival. Since Da Vinci Code became like a litmus test for mystery/thriller books I will continue using it to evaluate books of this genre. When I bought the book I was thinking: Oh, Stonehenge! I never read anything specific related to it. Should buy this without any doubt!

While reading it I didn't even want to try and compare with other books especially The Da Vinci Code. Simply laid back and enjoyed it. The plot i
David Collins
Feb 08, 2011 David Collins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very enjoyable first novel by this new author. The blurb on the back of the book says it is packed with codes like Dan Brown's books, it is not. There is a small reference to a code being the reverse greek alaphabet. Apart from that the novel goes at a steady pace beginning to introduce the main players. As the novel progresses the pace speeds up. Without giving too much away, the story is about a chap called Gideon Chase who finds out his estranged father has committed suicide in a ma ...more
Jan 26, 2011 Laura rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If I could give this less than one star, I would. The plot was thin and wobbly. There was only one character that was developed at all, and she didn't even participate in the climax. The premise? Let's put it this way: It makes all the conspiracy theories in vogue right now seem absolutely plausible. In short, the entire basis of the book was unbelievable, but not in a science-fiction sort of way.

This is possibly the worst book I have read in several years. I didn't put it down simply because I
Beth Lee
I liked the characters but would have liked to see them developed a bit more. I'm hoping this is made into a series. I really liked the end. Some books/movies tend to drag and drag the action out. Just when you think it's over, bam another "surprise". I thought this had just the right amount of action/tension without going to far.
Petek Şeyma
Jul 11, 2014 Petek Şeyma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ya öyle son mu olur? Cidden? Tamam her şey iyi güzel bitti ama yinede sonrasında olacaklarla alakalı 3-4 sayfa daha olmalıydı.
Sadece konusunu beğenip aldığım bir kitaptı ama gerçekten çok eğlenceliydi. Kahramanların başına gelmeyen kalmadı ve bence bu kitabı daha da güzel yapıyordu. Burnu bile kanamadan savaşan karakterleri samimi bulmuyorum. Böylesi iyiydi.
Sadece o son. Biraz daha devam edilebilirdi. Catliyn ve Gideon tekrar görüştüler mi? Usta, Gideon'u görmeye geldi mi? Ve nereye gitti?
Belki
Lance
Oct 09, 2013 Lance rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gripping from the start! Really love this author.
Lj
Mar 12, 2011 Lj rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me little under 24 hours to finish reading this book and once I got past the name dropping and references (to Hugh Grant, Madonna, Guy Ritchie, Pete Docherty, Amy Winehouse, Heat magazine, the X factor, Ben and Jerry's, Top Gun, CSI Miami, Bose sound systems, the Black eyed peas, the sun newspaper, the US reality show Survivor and I pads), the story was actually pretty good.

This is part of the reason why it lost a star in my ratings. Also you have to factor in a slight miscalculation in
Josephine
Apr 26, 2012 Josephine rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: caveat-emptor
This was potentially a great idea and it was quite an exciting yarn.
When I was given the book by a friend I thought it would be a nice long read, it contains 481 pages! Unfortunately this was not the case, the fact that there are also 191 chapters of roughly one and a half pages in length, each with a gap between them means that the actual written word takes up far less than one would think at first galnce.
The blurb on the back of the book proclaims it to be 'packed with codes' er no! There is o
TahiR
Feb 08, 2013 TahiR rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
وأخيراً انتهيت من رواية "لغز ضحايا ستونهنج" من تأليف "سام كريستر".
بديت فيها من تاريخ 8 فبراير تقريباً،
بس صار فيه هوّة لـ أكثر من شهر وتركتها ورجعت لها مؤخراً...
اول رواية أقرأها لـ هذا الكاتب وبـ صراحة ما كانت عندي فكرة عنه أو عن أعماله من قبل، هي عبارة وحدة شدتني على غلاف الرواية واللي هي "مناسبة لـ عشاق روايات دان براون" فـ قررت أشتريها :D
الرواية تدور أحداثها 444 صفحة تسرد تفاصيل 15 يوماً تقريباً!
بـ صراحة شعرت بـ الملل في بداية قرائتي لـ الرواية، الأحداث تمشي بـ رتم بطيء، بس تبدأ بعدها الأحداث
Sam Piper
Feb 27, 2011 Sam Piper rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No-one, not even Dan Brown fans
What a totally disappointing book. Begun at 11:00 on a train and finished by the time I returned home at 6:00, it really is that thin despite the 500 or so pages.

The basic premise of the story is that a secret cult worships at Stonehenge or some other underground version of it and requires sacrifices. They obtain sacrifices; the police become involved; that's it. Secret cults... Ancient settings... an academic unwittingly involved in their machinations. Did someone give Sam Christer the how-to-
Nikka
Sep 27, 2011 Nikka rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Cami
Sep 23, 2012 Cami rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like reading about conspiracies and historical fiction.
Not as good as Dan Brown's twisting and symbol-heavy thrillers, but an enjoyable read. There were a few things that disconcerted me, such as the frequent switching of point of view from one person to another. I liked the character Gideon Chase, but for such a smart man he did a couple of really stupid things that didn't make sense to me. The end of the book seemed very abrupt and confusing.

(view spoiler)
Zézinha Rosado
Oct 09, 2013 Zézinha Rosado rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lido-e-trocado
Só podia mesmo dar 5 estrelas de classificação a um livro tão bem escrito como este.
Bem ao estilo de Dan Brown, aborda um tema muito interessante e as personagens são encantadoras.
Simpatizei bastante com Gideon, uma das personagens principais, pela sua força e determinação em descobrir os segredos do passado do pai, mesmo sabendo que isso pode alterar de certa forma os seus sentimentos por ele.
A detective Meg é amorosa, dividida entre o seu trabalho que lhe toma muito tempo e o seu papel de mãe,
Dokusha
Eine spannende Geschichte rund um einen alten Geheimbund, der die Steine von Stonehenge anbetet und ihnen Menschenopfer darbringt. Die Story, wird gut erzählt und bringt einige Informationen zu dem Steinkreis und seiner Bedeutung, die allerdings nicht alle wissenschaftlichen Ansprüchen genügen.
Abzüge gibt es für die unerklärten Andeutungen esoterischer Effekte und teilweise merkwürdige Ausdrucksweisen sowie für die geheimnisvolle und völlig unnötige Schlußszene, deren Sinn und, Zweck nicht einl
Gary
Oct 03, 2011 Gary rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A quick read because it's about as shallow as you can get. Despite that I enjoyed the first 1/2 of the book just because of my interest in Stonehenge (I've visited it 3 times) and my curiosity as to where the plot was leading. But the plot fizzled into the ether in the 2nd 1/2 and the lack of a central character or any character that I could even remotely like made it a difficult book to finish.

But it did take my mind off work and spreadsheets for a while so I guess that rates 2 stars!
زاهي رستم
بحثت عن هذا الكتب، لكي أعرف ما تحويه مخيله الكاتب عن نصب ستونهنج، لعل ذلك يساعدني في معرفة المزيد عن رُجم الهري (ستونهنج تبعنا، علماً أن منطقة الجولان تحوي العديد من أبنية قريبة من ستونهنج وكلها تبدأ باسم رُجم).. ويبدو لي أن المؤلف أجاد صياغة الأحداث في روايته، والتي نسب فيها البناء الغريب في انكلترا إلى عبادة قديمة للأحجار.. ويوضح أن عبادة شيء ما لا يتعلق بهذا الشيء، بل بالأساطير والطقوس التي يبتدعها الفكر البشري حول هذا الشيء..
الكتاب ممتع، وجدير بالقراءة.
Stephen
fast paced and multi layered sub plots and felt myself hooked but the only disappointing part to me was the ending as if the author had ran out of ideas, says its dan brown style but felt it was more towards james rollins myself
Ilija Ilić
Jul 27, 2015 Ilija Ilić rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
I wasn't sure about this book when i started, but now at the end i love it! It's amazing! I love it!
Mystery, Stonehenge, Legend, characters, mysterious and magical, creepy and intresting i love it!
Mystery old 5000 years! <3
Morad
Mar 23, 2013 Morad rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
كانت فى أجزاء منها ممله وأحداث ملهاش تلاته لازمه , بس جرعه الاثاره فيها لا ترقى لمستوى دان براون الصراحه .
Stefan Pavic
Ocekivao sam mnogo vise..
Van Tilburg
Jan 18, 2013 Van Tilburg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hard to put down, story moves at a fast pace.
Doaa
Aug 23, 2013 Doaa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
رواية شيقة وان كانت حتصيب القارئ بالملل فى بعض الأخر
فى النهاية الإ ان سرعة الأحداث
حترجع للذورة فى نهاياتها

Gea
Apr 13, 2015 Gea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Een ontzettend goed boek is dit, mijn enige maar is dat ik hem al veel eerder had moeten lezen, deze staat tenslotte al jaren in mijn boekenkast.
MrsMamfa
I'm confused....

I enjoyed this book but some bits left me wondering what was going on especially the ending. I think the idea behind the plot was interesting but some of it just wasn't thought out well enough to be described as 'similar to Dan Brown.' Em no I wouldn't go that far but other than that an interesting read even if I still have no idea about the ending.

I also deducted stars for the grammatical mistakes that were close to giving me a breakdown but I think that's more my thing and sho
Emily Xie
If this story could be made as a movie, it would be quite hot. The main plot of the stone henge is quite attractive, however the author has less details of logic reasonings. During the reading, we can feel the crisis during all around, an exciting experience.
  • Minamoto no Yoritomo
  • Secrets of the Lost Symbol: The Unauthorized Guide to the Mysteries Behind The Da Vinci Code Sequel
  • The Kindaichi Case Files, Vol. 11: Kindaichi The Killer: Part 2
  • The Eden Legacy (Daniel Knox, #4)
  • The Templar Prophecy (John Hart #1)
  • The Lazarus Vault
  • Illuminati: The Cult That Hijacked the World
  • The Synagogue of Satan: The Secret History of Jewish World Domination
  • The Genesis Plague
  • Sphinx
  • The Babylon Rite
  • The Istanbul Puzzle

“The greatest treasure of all the things in the world is to love and to be loved” 6 likes
“Tras la muerte, nos juzgan eternamente por esas decisiones que tomamos.” 0 likes