Start by marking “Even More Terrible Tudors (Horrible Histories)” as Want to Read:
Even More Terrible Tudors (Horrible Histories)

Even More Terrible Tudors (Horrible Histories)

Takes you back for another look at the mad Tudor monarchs and their suffering subjects, who just could not help losing their heads. Read on for information about the good times and the gory from the great goose fairs to the painful punishments and trickery of the ruthless royal family.
Published December 31st 1998 by Hippo (first published September 18th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Even More Terrible Tudors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Even More Terrible Tudors

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleEclipse by Stephenie MeyerThe BFG by Roald DahlThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
73rd out of 74 books — 12 voters
The Magician's Nephew by C.S. LewisA Christmas Carol by Charles DickensPeter Pan by J.M. BarrieThe Carer by Scott  NelsonMary Poppins by P.L. Travers
City of London
95th out of 104 books — 40 voters

More lists with this book...

Sep 08, 2015 Siobhan rated it really liked it
As a child history was one of my favourite school subjects thus making Horrible Histories the perfect books for me.

Nowadays children have the television series yet I belong to the older group that had the books. Personally, I believe any child who has an interest in history should give these books a go. They’re truly gripping and so many topics are covered.

Honestly, Horrible Histories are well worth a read.
Yolanda kisenyi
Apr 10, 2008 Yolanda kisenyi rated it it was amazing
I learnt thet in the Tudor times there were many crucial punishments example stertching people and gauging their eyes out
Sep 29, 2016 Neri. rated it really liked it
Another great entry to a great series.
Rachael Hewison
One word: Amazing. This book to me was classic Horrible Histories. The others I've read over the past few weeks have been great, but no where near as good as this one.

I can't remember what the first 'Terrible Tudors' book covered but this one was made up of sections on each Tudor monarch. Deary included information about each monarch and how they were as a ruler, but also snuck other relevant information in such as Tudor pastimes and grizzly medicines.

The quizzes were very well thought out and w
Jun 05, 2015 Brendan rated it liked it
Shelves: books-read-2015
I found this book to be rather good - even though it's a book aimed at a far younger audience, the great thing about the Horrible Histories series is that it focuses on cute (read; gory) anecdotes. These are the quirky things that really grab the attention of younger readers that you often don't find in the grand histories focusing on personalities and the great movements of history. Sometimes it's just refreshing to read about how during the Tudor period they cooked a cockatrice by sewing a chi ...more
Grace C
Jun 26, 2008 Grace C rated it really liked it
The sequel of the Horrible History in Tudor time. After reading this, you'll know why Henry VIII loved chopping heads off, and the public's infatuation with attending public executions (it was one of the only few entertainments available then). And you'll understand why people actually died from eating breads, because most of the ingredients were made up of CHALK (and a bit of flour). Eeww...! Tudor die-hard fans should definitely read this.
Jun 05, 2013 James rated it really liked it
This book was about Tudors. The tudors were vicious people such as Henry the 3rd. Henry the 3rd was incredibly violent. The tudors cared about the religion. The country's religion changed every time a new tudor becomes a new king. This made me interested. It got my attention and started to attract to me to the world of history. There were some creepy parts but those parts are the only parts I hate. Other wise, it is pretty good.
Jul 31, 2012 Carmen rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile-fiction
Since the Tudors ruled for so long, it's no wonder that there is enough material for two editions of this book. This one highlights Queen Elizabeth I. While I knew all the facts that were presented, it was entertaining to read some of the parts of everyday life, recipes, possible punishments for crimes, etc.
Catherine Woodman
Jul 29, 2011 Catherine Woodman rated it liked it
Horrible Histories is a series of illustrated books published in the UK by Scholastic. They are designed to get children interested in history by concentrating on the trivial, unusual, gory, or unpleasant. They are exceptionally well loved by my history loving children
May 07, 2014 Twiss rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
It's a book about blood gore and history... what more could you want? I have read this something like 23 times because the horrible history books are one of those types of books that you can pick up and enjoy at any age.

Such gore, Much Tudor 11/10
Sian Taylor
my son loves these books; he's talking about doing a degree in History thanks to these, he's only 8!
Jan 20, 2008 Tyler rated it liked it
i lked this book because it was gruesome and these books are very fun to read because it has comics in it but it also teaches you about a way
Sophie Harrison
Sophie Harrison rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2013
Euan rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2016
Linus Wicaksana
Linus Wicaksana rated it it was ok
Nov 11, 2014
Izzy rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2015
Sam Quixote
Sam Quixote rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2012
Lucy rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2012
Frazer rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2015
Daniel Smith
Daniel Smith rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2014
Casey rated it liked it
May 14, 2009
Garett rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2010
Ella-Mae rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2012
Martina rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2012
Kamykartur rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2012
Urvi rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
Shannon bennett
Shannon bennett rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2016
Andie rated it really liked it
May 06, 2012
Hannah Williams
Hannah Williams rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Scary rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Goodreads Librari...: More specific info 2 10 Apr 18, 2014 10:52AM
  • Blood, Bones and Body Bits
  • Odious Oceans (Horrible Geography)
  • Henry the VIII and His Chopping Block
  • Cleopatra and Her Asp
  • Evolve or Die (Horrible Science)
  • Isaac Newton and His Apple
  • Bloody Tower: The Diary of Tilly Middleton, London, 1553-1559
  • Anne Boleyn and Me: The Diary of Elinor Valjean, London, 1525-1536
  • Einstein and His Inflatable Universe
  • England Under the Tudors
  • William Shakespeare and His Dramatic Acts
A former actor, theatre-director and drama teacher, Deary says he began writing when he was 29. Most famously, he is one of the authors of the Horrible Histories series of books popular among children for their disgusting details, gory information and humorous pictures and among adults for getting children interested in history. Books in the series have been widely translated into other languages ...more
More about Terry Deary...

Horrible Histories (1 - 10 of 42 books)
  • The Awesome Egyptians
  • The Groovy Greeks
  • The Rotten Romans
  • The Cut-throat Celts
  • The Vicious Vikings (Horrible Histories)
  • Angry Aztecs
  • The Measly Middle Ages
  • The Terrible Tudors
  • The Slimy Stuarts (Horrible Histories)
  • The Vile Victorians