Start by marking “The Privileged and the Damned” as Want to Read:
The Privileged and the Damned

The Privileged and the Damned (The Marshalls #1)

Introducing The Marshalls... A rich, powerful family: if the U.S. had a royal family, this would be it!Running scared, Lily needs a fresh start-- and, fingers crossed, she's found one. After all, why would any of her new employers, members of the hot-shot Marshall dynasty, even think to look beyond her humble facade?

Until she catches the roving eye of infamous heartbreaker
Published August 2nd 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Privileged and the Damned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Privileged and the Damned

Ana
Lily desperately needs a fresh start. She find that at Hill Chase. She wouldn't do anything to endanger the job she loves so much. But when temptation comes in shape of Ethan Marshall, the grandson of her boss, it near impossible to resist.

Ethan is enchanted by the beautiful stable girl. He knows he shouldn't get involved with somebody who works for his grandfather, but there something different about her. Something that makes her even more attractive.

Lily is a daughter of a con man, and has don
Saly
Enjoyed the book, a bit different. Based on the Marshall family, into politics and a bit dysfunctional(Ethan's father). Lily works for the grand-parents(with horses).
Ethan comes home, pursues her, they start a no strings things and then he takes her into the spot-light.

I enjoyed Lily and how she overcame her upbringing and came beyond it but I did find it foolish that she went into public but everything was like a Cinderella moment for her.

Ethan reacted badly when he found out but Lily also didn
RLA
Aug 07, 2011 RLA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The heroine Lily is a stable hand on the estate of a high powered political family. Lily is a rehabilitated youth offender who is making a fresh start away from the influence of her criminal father. The hero Ethan is the grandson of the owner of the estate and has come back for a short time. He and Lily meet one morning and are instantly attracted to one anther, Ethan likes that Lily is a private person and doesn't seem avaricious in anyway and he pursues her for an affair. Lily knows she ...more
Heidi Rice
Sep 06, 2011 Heidi Rice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok, I'll out myself first and say Kim's a mate of mine and we write for the same Riva line... But that said, I don't read a lot of Riva books because it tends to dent my morale and boy was this book no exception. Kim's writing is always so beautifully accomplished, she has a really fresh fun flirty single title style which always makes me feel I'm getting a lot of bang for my buck. But the premise for this story in particular intrigued me. I mean, the political background of the Marshall family ...more
Nagla
Aug 29, 2011 Nagla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. It was an easy, fast read. Lily's character was real and I loved how Ethan was rich, but so not full of himself. The story had a happy ending that wasn't cheesy. Perfectly done. I also liked the cover picture. Sometimes, on romances, the people in the picture look annoying. Not so here. They picked the perfect two for the cover image. They really seem to go with the characters.

Okay, now for a little game I like to play. After reading a book, I enjoy coming up with actor
Bridie Coleman
Nov 21, 2011 Bridie Coleman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have not read anything by Kimberly Lang until now and this on the recommendation by Heidi Rice. Fab recommendation - loved every minute of the book, the characters, the dialogue and the passion that surrounds the Marshalls and in this case middle son Ethan and his fling with stable girl Lily - a young woman with a past she is desperately trying to run from. Very emotional - do yourself a favour and read it soon. Now on to Brady's story.
Rebecca
Rating: 3.5

The dramatic title for this book cracks me up! But don't let that put you off - this is a fun, quick read, with appealing characters. I like that the heroine calls the hero on his hypocrisy when necessary and that she's working hard to make a new life for herself. All of the above makes her very likeable.
Jenz
Jul 16, 2012 Jenz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read within one day, This has been my favourite book so far. The story is really well written and believable.
Tonya Warner
Aug 29, 2011 Tonya Warner rated it it was ok
Ok, definately difficult to follow the theme in this story. There seems to be spots where the story line skips.
Lisa Clarke
Lisa Clarke rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Eileen
Eileen rated it it was ok
May 26, 2013
Suganya
Suganya rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2013
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Sara HarlequinJunkie rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2012
Keyser_Suzie
Keyser_Suzie rated it did not like it
Oct 19, 2012
Anhyel
Anhyel rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2013
Candice Figueroa
Candice Figueroa rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2011
Beckey
Beckey rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2013
3meg
3meg rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2011
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2015
PJ
PJ rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2011
Ranie
Ranie rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2012
Jessie Potts
Jessie Potts rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2012
Mehvish
Mehvish rated it it was ok
Nov 24, 2012
Breanne
Breanne rated it liked it
May 14, 2015
Angie Cain
Angie Cain rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Laura Hannaway
Laura Hannaway rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2014
Michaela
Nov 30, 2012 Michaela rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was so boring. The characters felt flat too.
Carrie
Carrie rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2012
Sheryl
Sheryl rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2012
Kira Sinclair
Kira Sinclair rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
USA Today bestselling author of sassy, sexy contemporary romance. Please visit my website at www.BooksByKimberly.com to learn more about me and my books!
More about Kimberly Lang...

The Marshalls (3 books)
  • The Power and the Glory (The Marshalls, #2)
  • Redemption of a Hollywood Starlet (The Marshalls, #3)