Heatseeker

Heatseeker (Goddard Project #6)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  184 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Always ready, always deadly. That's the motto of the Atrati - a mercenary organization of black operatives who specialize in doing what no one else can.

A former sergeant in the Marine special forces, Kaden Marks dreams of one day having a family. But he's haunted by the deeds of his past and won't let anyone get close. Then a new mission comes his way. A fellow operative h...more
Published September 27th 2011 by Kensington Publishing Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Heatseeker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heatseeker

Lori Ann
Hot, hot hot! Exactly what I expect from a Lucy Monroe book! A strong alpha male character, Kaden, and in this case, an equally strong female character, Rachel. This book contains it all...intrigue, danger, love and complex personal relationships. The main characters are very fleshed out including a complex past history. Lucy fleshes out the supporting characters very well also. All of the elements come together nicely. The story line is complex, believable and fun to read....Lucy did her resear...more
Jess
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: C+

Young and scared, Kaden broke Rachel’s heart when he broke up with her years earlier when they were both young and in love. Kaden had just started as a Marine sniper and hated what he was doing. He loved fighting for his country, but had a hard time dealing with his missions as a sniper. He didn’t want his job of killing people to impact Rachel in any way and as a scared twenty year old he broke up with her, convinced that she was better of...more
LaFleurBleue
2.5 rounded down to 2
This is another romantic suspense in which both lead characters (and many secondary as well) are special forces/spy. It takes an excellent writer to make the story, characters and conflict credible in this case, in my opinion, even more than if only one of the lead works in this field as the need for adjustment for both partners is more obvious.
Indeed in this book, both lead characters were stereotyped, made harsh from their difficult experience in life, and to my eyes neve...more
Alicia Jespersen(BehindThePicketFence)
This being my first Lucy Monroe book I went in open minded and prepared for a great novel. Not only was this a great book, some of its aspects blew me away. I loved that Rachel was out to prove that she was a strong and independent woman that could handle anything Kadin could handle. Which as a secret government agency agent she has to handle a lot. "Heatseeker" starts off with Rachel being held and tortured by the enemies in morocco, and Kadin coming to rescue a trapped agent. This is also wher...more
Kathy Davie
Sixth and last in the Goddard Project; second in the Atrati. Both are romantic suspense. The primary couple focus is on Rachel Gannon and Kadin Marks. A secondary focus is on Spazz and Cowboy.

My Take
Don't bother picking this one up. I really expected more of Monroe, and she has NOT delivered. This story is so surface with a lot of whiny Sturm und Drang. Even the lame bits are simply dull. I found myself skimming a lot of it just to get it over with.

Full of cutesy clichés with flimsy excuses mas...more
Michelle the Romance Witch
this story was definitely worth the long wait. I enjoyed the blending of TGP and Atrati staff and learning more about both agencies. It was a great love story and a story of second chances made right in several ways. The main couple as well as the secondary romance in this story brought tears to my eyes several times and when it all worked out in the end i felt full of joy and hope in love.
Lady
Hated it, after reading so many good books by lucy i hated this story, he leaves her behind ten years ago, she is soooooooo open to him it's sad, he didn't grovel at all, not one second, I dunno, it was just bad according to my tastes.
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
3.5

*Book source ~ Many thanks to Kensington for providing a review copy in exchange for an honest review.

Rachel Gannon is a former DEA agent now working for the Goddard Project. While undercover in Egypt she is captured and tortured. Before she breaks though she is rescued by a team sent by Atrati, a covert ops group that is used by governments to do what can’t be done through standard channels. The leader of the group turns out to be Rachel’s first and only love, Kaden Marks. Now, Rachel not on...more
Isabel
The Smutty Kitty
As posted on The Smutty Kitty

3 out of 5 Licks

I just realized this book is loosely connected to a series Lucy has that I have not read. I don't feel like that took away too much from this book. There were a few times when I was wondering if I was supposed to know more about some of these characters, but there was enough background info provided that it didn't really matter. I really liked the premise of the book and wanted to absolutely love it but sadly that just didn't happen. The previous rela...more
My Book Addiction and More MBA
HEATSEEKER by Lucy Monroe is an interesting Contemporary Romance. #6 in the "Goddard Project". This was my first in this series, and I did not find it hard to keep up with or follow. "Always ready,always deadly" is the Atrati motto. They are a mercenary Black Operatives group who specializes in doing things others can not...

"Heatseeker" is Rachel Gannon,a former DEA agent and Kadin Marks,a former Marine Sergeant's story. It is a rather fast paced story with plenty of action, suspense, and passio...more
Moran
I was really looking forward to reading Heatseeker and I was sad when it didn't release in 2012 like it should have but I was sure it will be worth the very long wait.

Sadly Heatseeker is my least fav book in the series and maybe even from all the books by Lucy Monroe, and I read almost all of them.

I had a very hard time understanding the suspense plot, I don't know if it's because English is not my first language or is it because it was a very strange plot.

I also didn't like Rachel and Kadin, I...more
Jane Mercer
Let me first say I like Lucy Monroe books I have a few of her historicals and have read a couple of her Children of the Moon books and have enjoyed them. So I was delighted to get a copy of Heatseeker as a goodreads giveaway.
This was disappointing the characters act emotionally like a bunch of teenagers.
Kadim and Rachel had been childhood sweethearts Kadim had abandoned her thinking he wasn't good enough for her being a hired killer for the government she was too pure too innocent(PLEASE!) so he...more
Jen
As I've been saying, I'm on a romance kick, and although the half-naked man on the front of a book is not what appeals to me in a cover (seriously!), I've learned that it does tend to -- annoyingly -- signify what I'm interested in reading at the moment, so I picked this one up. (It didn't hurt that military/special ops is also something that I'm interested in, as many who know me know well.) I have to be honest: it was not at all what I expected. In a good way.

I *loved* that the heroine was tr...more
Patricia P
I received this book from GoodReads through one of the giveaways. I did enjoy it but it was not a book I was crazy about. I picked it up and put it down a few times before I finally made the commitment to finish it. I can't say if that is because I started in the middle of the series or not but I have read other books by Lucy Monroe that had me hooked from the beginning. This one took me a bit longer. I cared more about the secondary characters than the main characters. They seemed to be the one...more
Deanna also on Leafmarks because I miss Marco
This is not my favorite of the series. I felt the plot was missing some life. It kept switching goals. Rachel was tortured but seemed to suffer no ill effects. Kadin and Rachel just did not hit all the sparkplugs to bring their relationship to life. The ending just flew by seemingly as an afterthought. I love a good hot cover, but this cover did not seem to go with the story.

What was great about this book was Spazz and Cowboy. They were hot. I read to get to their parts of the story. I wish the...more
Briana
Probably closer to a 3.5 but I just couldn't give it the full 4. Loved Rachel's character. The complexity of who she was, her weakness and her strength was just awesome. Enjoyed Kadin too. This wasn't a story where the hero was left undeveloped. I could've done without the drama between Cowboy and Spazz though, just seemed a little unnecessary. Overall, good story.
Hope Frost
I am kind of on the fence about this one. I liked the story line, but I do NOT think it was worth almost $10 even in the ebook. I thought the RS was ok, and the characters were ok but I wasn't wowed at all. Even the story line between Cowboy and Spazz was just kind of ok. Not sure another in this series is in my future, especially at that price.
Jill
A female secret agent is rescued by her old boyfriend, reigniting their romance. The adventure part of the story was decent enough, but not well developed with preference given to sex scenes, including some between two men.

This book contains homosexuality, sexual descriptions, and swearing.
Tynanz
The characters had some chemistry but too much living in the past to make it interesting. Rachel shifts too fast from mooning over Kadin to being hostile. I enjoy Lucy Monroe books but couldn't finish this one..
Lai
I wanted this to be so much better than I thought it actually was. After waiting so long for its release, I guess I expected more. I didn't really think the suspense was quite there. Yes, there were some steamy scenes, but overall, I don't think it was her best work.
Evelyn Bryant
Typical of the genre but some how lacking. Story somehow contrived. Kadin was interesting but Rachel was just tiresome. Lost interest in what was going to happen in the plot line several times. Not really worth the read. Cover is better than the book.
Toomanybooks
This is not one of my favorites from Lucy Monroe. It seemed rather thrown together. As far as all books it is good but it is not up to my Lucy Monroe standard. She has written books so much better than this.
Dannielle
I enjoyed this book. I have read this entire series. This is the last book in the Goddard Project (so sad). This series is a good read if you enjoy the military men coming in and saving the day.
Jesse
Really good book, just the right amount of sass, sex and excitement to keep you hooked throughout the whole book :) loooooooooved it

JMC xo
Rhonda
Awesome book!I actually read it when it first came out. Adventure,mystery, and hot steamy romance is the best combination.
Amy
Good story between Rachel and Kadin, aka Trigger.

Warning: Side story involving Neil, aka Spazz and Wyatt, aka Cowboy = m/m.
Kristina Franken
I highly recommend this book.

I received this book free of charge and am in no way bound to give a good review.
Tracy
Another great book in a series by this author that I enjoy! Am looking forward to the next one.
Modesty_b
loved it!! Hope Ms.Monroe writes Jayne's story next.looking forward to it.
Lucy Monroe's Final Goddard Project Adventure Just Released 1 7 Jan 29, 2013 11:04AM
  • Locked and Loaded (The Men of Delta Force, #2)
  • Guardian (Dark Ops, #5)
  • Show No Fear (SEAL Team 12, #7)
  • In the Air Tonight (Shadow Force, #3)
  • Desperate Deeds (A-Tac, #3)
  • Stay Hungry (The Bounty Hunters, #3)
  • Vortex (Cutter Cay, #3)
  • White Hot (Men in Uniform, #2)
  • Midnight Alias (Killer Instincts, #2)
Award winning author Lucy Monroe had her first book published in September 2003. Since then she has sold more than 50 books to four publishers and hit national bestsellers lists in the US and England. She writes sexy category romance for Harlequin Presents including her own ongoing mini-series, The Royal Brides. If you prefer a longer book, but want to keep it steamy, try her Mercenary trilogy or...more
More about Lucy Monroe...
Moon Awakening (Children of the Moon, #1) Ready Moon Craving (Children of the Moon, #2) The Billionaire's Pregnant Mistress (Petronides Brothers Duo #1 & Greek Tycoons #4) Willing