Start by marking “Crap at My Parents' House” as Want to Read:
Crap at My Parents' House

Crap at My Parents' House

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  107 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Crap at My Parents’ House is a laugh-out-loud celebration of all the weird, odd, and unfathomably tacky stuff that our moms and dads accumulate without our knowledge or consent. Comedian Joel Dovev has compiled and commented upon the best (or would that be worst?) items submitted by folks from around the globe in a very funny—but fair—way, revealing all those dirty secrets ...more
Published September 1st 2011 by Harry N. Abrams

To ask other readers questions about Crap at My Parents' House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crap at My Parents' House

Angela
Ever been sitting at a relative's house and looked around and seen the oddest item sitting on a shelf, or looked in a cupboard and found a treasure from the past? If so, then this is the book for you. Filled with photos of items found in people's parents houses and a running commentary of what he and other readers thinks about these items, it's sure to make you chuckle at least a couple of times. It's a quick read and if you are like me you'll find something that is either in your own home or in ...more
Aaron
Mar 03, 2012 Aaron rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who need a laugh
I bought this a quaint little bookstore off Haight and Ashbury in San Francisco. I randomly opened up to 4 pages...and they were all brilliant. so I bought the book.

Very witty. The will make you laugh out loud over and over.

(Spoiler Alert: I still chuckle out loud thinking about his dad and the spider shoes)

When I die I will give the book to my kids along with all of the crap I've collected over the years..
Holly
Nearly peed my pants laughing so hard....seriously.
Sarai
Oct 11, 2012 Sarai rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: humor
There's some good stuff in here. Some crazy, scary, unbelievable stuff. Very fast read.

Book Description
Publication Date: September 1, 2011

Cyndy
Sep 12, 2014 Cyndy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: my brother and sisters
This was SOOO funny. There was one picture I thought at first was from my parents' house but then realized the hutch was full of owls, not Hummels. If you need a good laugh, this book should do it. (although I think some of those things could probably be sold on ebay for a lot of $$)
Richard Martin
The description pretty well covers the book's scope. There is one thing that is scary. My house is beginning to imitate my parents.' All those wonderful "collectibles'" are more and more looking like (I'll say it) crap.
Harris
Like a lot of other humorous, image-focused little books that owe their origin to a blog, "Crap at My Parents' House" has some funny moments. Consisting of photographs of inexplicable awkward, and just plain creepy items found in contributors' parent's homes, with witty captions, I especially enjoyed how the book was divided into "rooms" complete with themed borders to the pages. I finished it in less than an hour after picking it up for a fifty cents at a library book sale. The humor here is de ...more
Jessica
Silly fun for an hour. This is what my family classifies as a "bathroom book." Interpret that however you'd like.
Stacey
Hilarious!
Justin
Nov 05, 2011 Justin rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who aren't satisfied with their home decor and want to feel better.
This past week I've been lamenting that I'm not completely satisfied with my home decor and I'd really like to streamline things, but I don't seem to have the energy or money to get much done. This book made me feel much better, whilst simultaneously making me really nauseous. Well done.
Beth
Everyone I can possibly think of is getting this book for their next birthday! (well, adults, that is.) One page is more hilarious than the next. And the captions with the photos are too, too funny! Everyone should get their hands on this book. Thank you to Holly for making me aware of it!
Shannon
I happened to pick this book up because the title caught my eye. It had me giggling and laughing out loud--I could not believe the stuff that people have. But then again, I think of all the strange things that my parents and grandparents have and it totally becomes believable.
Amber
Everyone that I know will be getting this book for their next birthday! ne page is more hilarious than the next. And the captions with the photos are way too funny! Everyone should get their hands on this book.
orangerful
Read this on my lunch break, laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes and had trouble breathing. Thought about tagging this has "horror" for the moments you find items you recognize from your own parents' homes!
Victoria
Run, do not walk, to your nearest bookstore and buy,read or order this book. I haven't laughed so hard in I don't know when. Also found 2 items (pg.57 and pg.65) that were in my house growing up. What a blast!
T.H. Waters
ha ha ha ha ha ha !!! Love this book. It's sitting on my coffee table and have enjoyed flipping through it for some good yucks - had tears streaming down my face on more than one occasion.
Beth
Sometimes I think Dovev was trying to hard to be funny, but there were some instances in which I actually LOL'd. Entertaining, a great book to read during my breaks at work.
A hilarious quick read of various pictures of strange crap with funny captions. It will take you about twenty minutes to read but I guarantee it will be worth it :)
Pinky
Oct 19, 2013 Pinky rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Jason Morais
This is part of Jason Morais's long-running series of "Crap at ______" books. Looks like a great outing for our intrepid, incontinent hero. Can't wait to read it!
Erin
Laugh out loud funny! I am glad to find out that this stuff was from various people and not all in one house. I would seriously be scared if it was. LOL
Kelley Tackett
Maybe I will be a published author after all, because if all you need to do is take pictures of old freaky stuff at your parent's house, I'm golden.
Melissa
Another blog book, sure. But it did make me laugh and remember the weird crap at my grandma's house.
Heaether
absolutely hilarious laugh out loud read! would be a great gift book for someone in need of a chuckle!
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
Waste of space. Don't bother. Only reason I peeked was it was a library book with a curious title.
Karla
Dec 13, 2011 Karla rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
A very quick "read". There were a few 'laugh out loud' pages and lots of amusing comments.
Kaleena Menke
I'm using a loose definition of "reading" this "book" but tons of fun nonetheless.
Jen
This is hilarious! The commentary that go with the photos in it just killed me.
Jennifer Daniel
Some funny stuff but not as good as awkward family photos.
Bob
If this is wrong I never want to be right.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »