Start by marking “Opposite Day” as Want to Read:
Opposite Day

Opposite Day

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  87 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Davis has it all: the wealth, the connections, the job, the car—and the cheating ex. His long weekend with his lover ruined, tired of his life and the way it always goes wrong, Davis just wants to go home and enjoy a stiff drink.

All that changes, however, when a moment of carelessness results in a chance meeting. Brody is everything that Davis is not supposed to want, so
Published August 9th 2011 by Less Than Three Press

To ask other readers questions about Opposite Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Opposite Day

The Morning Star by M. ChandlerInfected by Andrea SpeedCamp Hell by Jordan Castillo PriceBound by Megan DerrTrue of Heart by M.L. Rhodes
M/M Romance With (Mostly) Red Covers
49th out of 163 books — 37 voters
Toccata Obbligato ~ Serenading Kyra by Jennifer TheriotClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareThe Beast of Cretacea by Todd StrasserCrashing Down to Earth by Terry ReidSilence by Becca Fitzpatrick
Books I Can't Wait to Read
206th out of 221 books — 243 voters

More lists with this book...

Cole Riann
Review posted at Brief Encounters Reviews.

3.75 Stars, rounded up

Davis has just found his second boyfriend cheating on him, this time with his secretary, of all the biggest cliches. Coming from a family of obsessive social-climbers, he’s accepted to fill the two uses his family has for him: a business asset and a fashionably gay son. He is finally at the end of his tether with his unfulfilling and, frankly boring, job as CFO of a firm with lots and lots of names, and the kinds of boyfriends that
Heather C
May 26, 2012 Heather C rated it really liked it
This was a good little short story about two total opposites. One CFO wearing a suit and one tattooist wearing tattoos. It was cute and a little bit hot. I just wish it would have been longer because I'm not sure I'm convinced that the relationship between these two will last very long.
Melanie
Feb 28, 2012 Melanie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
This review was first posted on JoyfullyJayblog where I am a guest reviewer:

Rating: 4.75 stars

Davis Wheaton is having the bad day of all bad days. His live-in boyfriend has cheated on him (not the first boyfriend to do so), his job and family are strangling him in expectations and demands, and it is pouring outside. Unbelievably, his day gets worse. Standing at the bus stop, a passing car hits the puddle in front of him and he’s drenched.

Enter Brody Simons, hot, handsome, and the driver of the c
Tam
Jan 14, 2012 Tam rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
A really cute story about a guy whose always played by his family's rules, doing the job they expect, dating the guys they expect, who is having an awful day after finding his BF cheating. When he's splashed at the bus stop by a driver, he makes some decisions that turn it into opposite day, as the guy who splashed him and stops is a tattoo artist and so not his type, but what the heck. A weekend of dealing with this uptight status conscious family and reexamining his life, lead him to make some ...more
Lucy
Mar 11, 2012 Lucy rated it liked it
Reviewed for heartsonfirereviews.com

Our story begins with Davis standing outside, having just caught his boyfriend Roger cheating on him. Roger wasn’t the first boyfriend to cheat on Davis, but actually brought his ex to the apartment he shared with Davis to have his fun. Davis has had it, and as he standing outside contemplating going to the city apartment he didn’t give up when he moved in with Roger, he is splashed by a passing vehicle. This is just it! He is surprised, however, when the driv
Seregil
Aug 15, 2014 Seregil rated it it was ok
Nice little story, a bit heavy on the smut, but which still bothered with a bit of context and plot. Maybe if it were longer the characters would have had more of a chance to win me over, but they seemed a bit simplistic. Let's just say it didn't feel squee inducing :)
I should probably give it 3 stars, but I think I'll stick with the Goodreads definition of 2 stars = it was ok.
mah1
Sep 27, 2015 mah1 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, feel-good
Opposite Day is a delightful short story about a guy trying to break free from his oppressing life. Low on the angst yet not too fluffy, this is a very lovely story and I would recommend it to everyone.
Alaska
Jun 06, 2012 Alaska rated it liked it
This book was simply too short to get a higher ranking. There was a lot of potential for conflicts but they were left open. You could have made more of this story because Davis and Brody where interesting characters. But they stayed kind of shallow because there was not enough room for development. Everything was very fast and sudden.
I think a few more pages would have been good for the story but I guess it was supposed to be a short, so it's okay. I still liked it.
Sandra Ramirez
3.75
If it was longer I would have given it 4, but the story in General was really cute and sweet. I liked it, this is a new author for me and I hope she thinks of a sequel for this story. I think Davis and Brody need another novella, just so we can see what they've been up too.
DL
Jan 24, 2012 DL rated it really liked it
This was darn good for a short story. There was enough information on the main character for me to care. It wasn't actually insta-love but insta-lead-to-love. For me that is a huge distinction. I even liked the cover. (personally I am tired of naked torsos.) I can't wait to read something longer by Ms. Kealey.
Merith
Aug 14, 2011 Merith rated it it was amazing
What a fun little story this is! There have been many times in my life I wished I could have turned into 'Opposite Day', but Davis' day turned out perfect. Such a cute little story, and I'd love to hear more about Davis and Brody and what happens after.
Tailtiu
May 27, 2012 Tailtiu rated it really liked it
Shelves: cute-sweet
Sweet but to short story, I want more...
There's more about Brody's best friend Rez in: Waiting
Zaa
For the 25 pages (approx) this book was just okey, but the cover are unique and incredibly cool, I loved it! Also, This book was different, it wasn't a typical romance, more of a HFN than an HEA .
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Lucy
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated: 3.5 hearts

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/
Elci
A short sweet story about Davis and Brody - opposites that attract.
Peggy
Peggy rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Bookish
Bookish rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2016
asdfghl
asdfghl rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Sephony
Sephony marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
KR
KR added it
Jun 21, 2016
Dudley Sneddly
Dudley Sneddly rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Kas
Kas rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Callahan Wade
Callahan Wade marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Tiina Maalismaa
Tiina Maalismaa rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2015
Sapphera
Sapphera is currently reading it
Oct 07, 2015
A
A rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2015
Sarah rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2015
Thespian
Thespian rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2016
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I’m an ordinary working woman with aspirations to be a writer. Am slowly but surely getting there My tastes obviously lean toward men doing naughty things to other men, and while I occasionally stray into the fantastical, generally I stick to the here and now. Nothing terribly remarkable about me: I like pop (soda), storms, and gleefully mashing the keyboard until a story comes out.

More about Erica Kealey...