Opposite Day

Opposite Day

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Davis has it all: the wealth, the connections, the job, the car—and the cheating ex. His long weekend with his lover ruined, tired of his life and the way it always goes wrong, Davis just wants to go home and enjoy a stiff drink.

All that changes, however, when a moment of carelessness results in a chance meeting. Brody is everything that Davis is not supposed to want, so...more
Published August 9th 2011 by Less Than Three Press

To ask other readers questions about Opposite Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Opposite Day

The Morning Star by M. ChandlerCamp Hell by Jordan Castillo PriceBound by Megan DerrBran's Story by MaculategiraffeThe Hot Floor by Josephine Myles
M/M Romance With (Mostly) Red Covers
31st out of 115 books — 24 voters
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareCrashing Down to Earth by Terry ReidSilence by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareIt Lives in The Basement by Sahara Foley
Books I Can't Wait to Read
154th out of 170 books — 157 voters

More lists with this book...

Cole Riann
Review posted at Brief Encounters Reviews.

3.75 Stars, rounded up

Davis has just found his second boyfriend cheating on him, this time with his secretary, of all the biggest cliches. Coming from a family of obsessive social-climbers, he’s accepted to fill the two uses his family has for him: a business asset and a fashionably gay son. He is finally at the end of his tether with his unfulfilling and, frankly boring, job as CFO of a firm with lots and lots of names, and the kinds of boyfriends that...more
Heather C
This was a good little short story about two total opposites. One CFO wearing a suit and one tattooist wearing tattoos. It was cute and a little bit hot. I just wish it would have been longer because I'm not sure I'm convinced that the relationship between these two will last very long.
Melanie
Feb 28, 2012 Melanie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
This review was first posted on JoyfullyJayblog where I am a guest reviewer:

Rating: 4.75 stars

Davis Wheaton is having the bad day of all bad days. His live-in boyfriend has cheated on him (not the first boyfriend to do so), his job and family are strangling him in expectations and demands, and it is pouring outside. Unbelievably, his day gets worse. Standing at the bus stop, a passing car hits the puddle in front of him and he’s drenched.

Enter Brody Simons, hot, handsome, and the driver of the c...more
Tam
Jan 14, 2012 Tam rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
A really cute story about a guy whose always played by his family's rules, doing the job they expect, dating the guys they expect, who is having an awful day after finding his BF cheating. When he's splashed at the bus stop by a driver, he makes some decisions that turn it into opposite day, as the guy who splashed him and stops is a tattoo artist and so not his type, but what the heck. A weekend of dealing with this uptight status conscious family and reexamining his life, lead him to make some...more
Lucy
Reviewed for heartsonfirereviews.com

Our story begins with Davis standing outside, having just caught his boyfriend Roger cheating on him. Roger wasn’t the first boyfriend to cheat on Davis, but actually brought his ex to the apartment he shared with Davis to have his fun. Davis has had it, and as he standing outside contemplating going to the city apartment he didn’t give up when he moved in with Roger, he is splashed by a passing vehicle. This is just it! He is surprised, however, when the driv...more
Seregil
Nice little story, a bit heavy on the smut, but which still bothered with a bit of context and plot. Maybe if it were longer the characters would have had more of a chance to win me over, but they seemed a bit simplistic. Let's just say it didn't feel squee inducing :)
I should probably give it 3 stars, but I think I'll stick with the Goodreads definition of 2 stars = it was ok.
Alaska
This book was simply too short to get a higher ranking. There was a lot of potential for conflicts but they were left open. You could have made more of this story because Davis and Brody where interesting characters. But they stayed kind of shallow because there was not enough room for development. Everything was very fast and sudden.
I think a few more pages would have been good for the story but I guess it was supposed to be a short, so it's okay. I still liked it.
Sandra Ramirez
3.75⭐️
If it was longer I would have given it 4⭐️, but the story in General was really cute and sweet. I liked it, this is a new author for me and I hope she thinks of a sequel for this story. I think Davis and Brody need another novella, just so we can see what they've been up too.
DL
This was darn good for a short story. There was enough information on the main character for me to care. It wasn't actually insta-love but insta-lead-to-love. For me that is a huge distinction. I even liked the cover. (personally I am tired of naked torsos.) I can't wait to read something longer by Ms. Kealey.
Merith
What a fun little story this is! There have been many times in my life I wished I could have turned into 'Opposite Day', but Davis' day turned out perfect. Such a cute little story, and I'd love to hear more about Davis and Brody and what happens after.
Tailtiu
Sweet but to short story, I want more...
There's more about Brody's best friend Rez in: Waiting
Zaa
For the 25 pages (approx) this book was just okey, but the cover are unique and incredibly cool, I loved it! Also, This book was different, it wasn't a typical romance, more of a HFN than an HEA .
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Lucy
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated: 3.5 hearts

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/
Elci
A short sweet story about Davis and Brody - opposites that attract.
Tsubaki
Tsubaki marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Black Rose
Black Rose marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Raganna
Raganna marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I’m an ordinary working woman with aspirations to be a writer. Am slowly but surely getting there My tastes obviously lean toward men doing naughty things to other men, and while I occasionally stray into the fantastical, generally I stick to the here and now. Nothing terribly remarkable about me: I like pop (soda), storms, and gleefully mashing the keyboard until a story comes out.

More about Erica Kealey...
Waiting Because It's You The Merry Three Bad Moon Rising