Start by marking “Midsummer Baker (Midsummer #4)” as Want to Read:
Midsummer Baker (Midsummer #4)

Midsummer Baker (Midsummer #4)

A sweet baker with spicy taste...

Marcell lives a quiet life, keeping the treats coming in his aunt's bakery. He is well known for his manners, his shy demeanor, and his perfect cinnamon rolls. He's a classic good boy, who has never stepped so much as a toe out of line.

The Withers Boys are the town bad boys—faerie half-brothers whose only talents are their green thumbs and
free ebook, 18 pages
Published July 19th 2011 by Less Than Three Press (first published August 29th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Midsummer Baker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midsummer Baker

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I never read the blurb for this one but it wasn’t at all what I was expecting. Sadly it was still better than the previous book.

(view spoiler)
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
Sep 15, 2011 ♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) rated it really liked it
Recommended to ♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) by: Cole Riann
Midsummer Baker is the first Megan Derr book I've read. For such a short little thing, it achieved a level of cuteness that I found impressive.

This is a story about Marcy and his long-lived crush on brothers Boyd and Tye (aka Those Withers Boys). When we meet Marcy he's in the loft of a barn with a bottle of whiskey. For some reason this had me picturing him as a big and burly baker boy. Those Withers boys are half faerie pranksters. That had me picturing them as willowy and impish. I was wrong
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
Pretty cute smutty short story. And it's free!

If you just want something really short and really light to maybe just pass time. Or because you're an avid reader of Megan Derr works then this is for you. Or you want a taste of what incest is like. Whatever your reason may be, it won't hurt to try this short story.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jun 30, 2016 Jennifer☠Pher☠ rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Not my thing guys, as most of you know. Still cute.
Macky
Take two bad boy half fae brothers and one good boy shy young baker and you get one short HOT, naughty but still sweet freebie from Megan Derr. Contains ' brocest ' between two consenting half brothers so decide yourselves if you want to read it....I loved it.
Kathleen
Jul 20, 2011 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
This story is the fourth in the Midsummer series and significantly shorter than the previous three. However, even lacking in the length of the other three, I was completely satisfied. I loved the shy loyalty Marcy showed Boyd and Tye and I loved the devotion and protectiveness of Boyd and Tye. Even with the shorter length, I really felt the connection between the characters and loved reading more about them in the free shorts on Megan's website (and would love to read even more). Beware, if thre ...more
Susan65
Apr 20, 2014 Susan65 rated it liked it
Short, sweet and dirty...whats nots to love for a quickie...besides maybe the fact that Tye and Boyd are a little too related...i just ignored that part. Marcell was just adorable.
Elspeth
Nov 10, 2013 Elspeth rated it it was ok
I would have liked this better if it was a bit more fleshed out. The end came to quickly, and I felt a lot was left unanswered.
Chris, the Dalek King
**Warning! This short story contains hot, pulse thumping, toe curling, brother on brother action. If you do not like incest in your stories it is best to avoid this. Otherwise be prepared to go for one hell of a sexy man on man on man ride.**

Not even in his wildest, hottest, dreams does Marcell think that he'd get a chance to be with the Withers Boys, Boyd and Tye. And only in his wildest, most alcohol fueled dreams does he think of seeing Boyd and Tye together. So imagine his surprise when he w
Isa K.
Jan 07, 2012 Isa K. rated it really liked it
Mmmmmm.... cinnamon rolls~~~

Sorry what? D:

I kind of wish Derr didn't bother making this a free short because I feel like there's a full book worth of stuff here that was crammed into 20~ pages.

-Tye and Boyd are half fairy ... another character is apparently full or part troll (or was this a joke?) At no point does this ever become important at all ... even though everyone seems fully aware of it and mentions it all the time.
-Story sets up a mystery ... than never bothers to actually solve it
-Mos
Phaney
Feb 15, 2014 Phaney rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
This one’s a really short little story. A snippet, if you will.

As such it does not have time to develop all that much momentum, although it still is nice. Possibly a lot less to do with love, though. Maybe love is there; maybe it’ll be there – but only the sex is definite by the end. Well, that and the favourable change of circumstances.

Then there’s the somewhat controversial aspect of incest and a three-way relationship. (Admittedly, after reading so many stories that went considerably farther
LutaWolf
Jul 29, 2011 LutaWolf rated it it was amazing
Oh F*ck that was HOT!!!!! Megan Derr I feel like killing you for not putting sex in the other books when you do it so freaking well. Holy Cow this is like throw your undies across the room hot. It also helps that this amazing author writes so damn perfectly. Complete detail, amazing character connection, and a nice flow of funny and angst. I loved this series before but even more so now. HOT HOT HOT!!!!!! I got to tell you though. I really have to have more of these characters. I might go ...more
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
Man do I wish this woulda been longer!

This is a Bro/cest book, so If you don't wanna read about hot brothers gettin it on....walk away from this book!

This is only my 2nd twin-cest/bro-cest book and I WANT more!!

It's short & sweet (coulda been a bit steamier) and for a free read you should check it out! It gave me a little fix to tide me over till I get to read another one!
Mandi
Jul 29, 2011 Mandi rated it really liked it
I loved this free read from Megan Derr! A short, but very satisfying (and very hot! *fans self*), read about another couple in the Midsummer series.
L-D
Sep 24, 2011 L-D rated it liked it
This was a very short M-M romance. It wasn't bad, there just isn't much you can accomplish in 18 pages in my opinion.
Jarta
I keep comparing the Withers to my Winchester boys. :P
Lucy
Mar 26, 2014 Lucy rated it liked it
Seemed to end halfway through.
Lindsay Stone
Dec 06, 2016 Lindsay Stone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

This is the 4th and I really want more of Midsummer what an amazing town full of interesting people and experiences.
Tye, Boyd and Marcy make a great ménage knowing the affection is there for all 3 of them and they don't care what the gossips say wish more people could be left to live there lives without judgement.
Tam
Jul 18, 2012 Tam rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-m, elves-fairies
Cindi
Jan 10, 2012 Cindi rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, short-story, series, 2012, free
I try not to read books in a series out of order but I admit to reading this when I haven't read the others. After reading "Missing Butterfly" a few months ago and LOVING IT... it seriously ranks up there as one of my all-time faves in this genre...... I looked forward to reading something else by this author. Even if it was out of order. :)

It was good. I would have liked to have seen more. I will read the others in the series before I give a firm rating on this. There were some things left unre
Lady*M
Oct 13, 2011 Lady*M rated it really liked it

Normally, I wouldn't rate the story with incest in it, yet, somehow, I was able to overlook it in this story - probably, because the Withers Boys aren't human and Midsummer isn't exactly a normal place in any way. Marcell is the only one who can see Boyd and Tye as more than troublemakers and I liked how the two of them were protective of Marcy. The story was very sensual and sweet and I would have rated it higher if the entire pedophile story line was not simply dropped and left unres
Alex Mar
Feb 05, 2013 Alex Mar rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-short-story
This is actually the first threesome that I've read, that has made me feel like none of the participants of the relationship were left out. They felt like a solid threesome, even if their relationship is only a fledgling thing with this story. I got the sense that all three of them will cherish each other.

I think this is the first explicit sex scene I've read by Megan Derr and, well, no complaints here. Tastefully done and hot as hell. Tye and Boyd were hot as hell and I loved how sweet Marcell
Matthew
Jun 22, 2013 Matthew rated it really liked it
Pretty good short story. It felt like it was a novel condensed to a few pages, an outline of a story. I loved how Ms. Derr attempted to develop Boyd and Tye as separate characters and Marcel was an interesting guy. I think the three of them worked well and it was a very good story. But it was over almost before it was adequately started. The relationship needed a lot more gradual development. Milton and Kirby were paper thin. The ideas are good, it's just too short for anything.
Sonja
Apr 17, 2015 Sonja rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-incl-gfy, freebie, 2015
Short story with some heat. Tye and Boyd are half-brothers; their being fae isn't a big part of the story...I thought that a good thing because mythical species aren't really my cup of tea. Marcell has admired the brothers from a distance since they rescued him a few years ago, and we soon learn that the admiration is mutual. Marcell is able to return the favor of rescuing Tye and Boyd, and in doing so he opens himself up to a hot relationship he had previously only dreamed about.
Erica Pike
Oct 20, 2011 Erica Pike rated it it was amazing
Shelves: free-reads
This one goes into my favorites ^.^ I really enjoyed this book, though the mentioning of the two brothers being half fey had nothing to do with the plot and should have, in my opinion, be skipped, since nothing supernatural happened, and no other supernatural beings were involved (except for the mentioning of trolls? I'm not sure about that). Anyway grrrreat read.
Alan
Jun 13, 2015 Alan rated it it was amazing
I was not expecting the brothercest in this one but I have to admit it was a very sweet set of short stories. If you liked the first three in this series then I would advise on reading this on as well as it contains the same charm the other three have.

I am not one for incest or m/m/m stories but I was pleasantly surprised by this one.
Kaje Harper
Sep 16, 2011 Kaje Harper rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-m
A sweet hot little story (NB. incest and threesome sex). The fantasy element was irrelevant to this story. The character of Marcy (yes, a guy) was appealing, although I doubt his ability to really civilize the other two. This was a nice short read and I would be interested in seeing how these three move forward together. Oh, and did I mention it was free?
Deeze
Apr 20, 2014 Deeze rated it liked it
A little disappointed this was so short.

Would of loved a more in depth look at Boyd and Tye.

Marcell was a sweetie and I loved that he got exactly what he wished for.

Its free and kinda cute with a helping of sex for those that need it lol.

ETA

Just read the 5 free little extra shorts to go with this one. They give a little more insight into Tye and Boyd.
Jeff
Aug 09, 2012 Jeff rated it really liked it
Pete W
Jan 20, 2013 Pete W rated it liked it
It was free so I can't complain much. I liked how the story progress and lead up to the ending.

But a few loose end were not concluded by the end, only implied. I would like to read about the fall out after things had been revealed and Marcell got to fulfill his dream.
  • The Ambassadors
  • That Famous Happy End
  • Fairytales Slashed 4
  • Security
  • Stepping Stones
  • The Break-In
  • Braided (A Velvet Glove Novel)
  • Bullriders
  • Like a Sparrow Through the Heart (Like a Sparrow, #1)
  • Telling the Truth (Truth or Dare #2)
  • Kiss and Tell
  • Darkling Mine
  • Gemini
  • By Any Other Name (By Any Other Name #1)
  • Zombie Wonderland
  • Outfoxed (Glitter Fox, #1)
Megan is a long time resident of m/m fiction, and keeps herself busy reading, writing, and publishing it. She is often accused of fluff and nonsense. When she's not involved in writing, she likes to cook, harass her cats, or watch movies (especially all things James Bond). She loves to hear from readers, and can be found all around the internet.

maderr.com
maderr.tumblr.com
maderr.livejournal.com
More about Megan Derr...

Midsummer (5 books)
  • Midsummer Moon (Midsummer, #1)
  • Midsummer Curse (Midsummer, #2)
  • Midsummer Law (Midsummer, #3)
  • Nothing Better  (Midsummer #4.5)