Start by marking “The Master Chef Cookbook” as Want to Read:
The Master Chef Cookbook

The Master Chef Cookbook

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  11 reviews
BBC's cooking competition MasterChef has not only flourished for more than a decade (1990-2001; 2005-the present); it has spawned spin-offs in several countries. The summer 2010 will be devoted to the search for the best amateur chef in America. This companion book combines more than 100 recipes created on the show; show information and photographs. A perfect accompaniment ...more
Published August 31st 2010 by Rodale Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Master Chef Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Master Chef Cookbook

Sara
I've watched all 3 US MasterChef shows on TV. I decided to check out this cookbook with the season one contestants featured. It's an attractive, easy to read cookbook. It was fun remembering some of the contestants and some of the challenges. Oh, yeh, the vegetarian! Oh, yeh, the guy who thought he was hot stuff!

I did like some of the helpful hints - I think I'll try putting my uncracked eggs in the poaching water before I poach them to help the whites keep their shape.

I did not try any of the r
Jamie
There were many recipes in here that were a little too fancy for my kitchen, but that was to be expected. There was also a lot of great inspiration and many little tips throughout the book on more simple/common culinary skills. Plus, the book begins with excellent lists on stocking your pantry and kitchen with the staples. There is even a brief section on wine parings. I love cookbooks that are more than just great recipes!
ReadingWench
Excellent book. This book even gives you photos on what rare, medium rare, medium, medium well, and well done all look like. One particular tip I found helpful was how to poach an egg. It's not as easy as it sounds.
Darren Seah
Great cookbook with lots of easy recipes that turn out
Angie
Interesting cookbook
Denise
I love watching Master Chef. I got the cookbook at a clearance sale. Love the recipes for Mike Kim's Orange Chicken with Rice, Slim Huynh's Chicken with Rice and cabbage slaw, Sheetal's blueberry reduction sauce, and Graham's chili. It even has Cat Cora's Halibut recipe that they made on season 1. Lots of extra recipes from Joe and Graham and lots of instructional tips for eggs, seafood and general preparation skills. Joe's marinara sauce is really good!
Scottsdale Public Library
A must-read for anyone who enjoyed the popular competitive cooking television show, this book features recipes from finalists and hosts on the show. Dishes are fun and relatively simple to prepare, and since all of the finalists from Master Chef were so different, the recipes offer a diverse approach to ingredients and cuisine.

-- Meagan
Jessica
Not sure how many of these recipes I will try, but the book was good. Lots of pages on food prep that will come in handy. Also, some tasty looking pasta dishes that are on my list to try!
Meran

Lots of good recipes, most just a dressed up version of one you may already make! I'll be making many of these recipes, if not all.
Ann
love cookbooks that have more than just recipes.
Ashley
Some pretty tasty recipes in this one!
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Holly Brown
Holly Brown marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Jane Veilleux
Jane Veilleux marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Tom And
Tom And marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Isabella Sanchez
Isabella Sanchez marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Alana
Alana marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Meghan
Meghan added it
Mar 27, 2015
rainyfeathers
rainyfeathers marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
L.A.'s original Farmers Market cookbook : meet me at 3rd and Fairfax Recipe Rehab: 80 Delicious Recipes That Slash the Fat, Not the Flavor Tyler Florence's Real Kitchen: An Indespensible Guide for Anybody Who Likes to Cook The Lemonade Cookbook: Southern California Comfort Food from L.A.'s Favorite Modern Cafeteria Michael Mina: The Cookbook