Start by marking “Taming Natasha (The Stanislaskis, #1)” as Want to Read:
Taming Natasha (The Stanislaskis, #1)

Taming Natasha (The Stanislaskis: Those Wild Ukrainians #1)

3.95  ·  Rating Details ·  4,861 Ratings  ·  165 Reviews
Broken promises, shattered dreams

Natasha Stanislaski left youthful indiscretions far behind when she settled in rural West Virginia. Her way with children made her toy store a success; her fiery temperament kept men safely at bay. Then brash Spence Kimball and his adorable little girl joined forces to nudge their way into her shop...and her closely guarded heart.

Sensing th
Published July 29th 2011 by Silhouette (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Taming Natasha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taming Natasha

Lizzy
May 12, 2015 Lizzy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
It’s been a long time since I read a pure romance. Yes, that’s what Nora Roberts’s Taming Natasha is. There is no paranormal, science-fiction or mystery suspense twists in the plot, so popular today. You could say that it’s an old time kind of tale (not because it was published in 1990). But it does not come out as an outdated story at all.

Spence Kimball is a famous composer and college professor, and a widowed father. Natasha is a former ballerina now a toy store owner. Both had difficult re
Marisa Sauco
Jan 04, 2015 Marisa Sauco rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dulce... Muy dulce ❤
Yvonne
Feb 03, 2017 Yvonne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good Nora Roberts book!
Jacob Proffitt
This is on the high side of Roberts' 1990s books. It's nothing stellar, with characters a little too predictably emotional and a plot that doesn't quite gel, for me. Spence is a bit too... commanding for the rest of his personality as a professor and composer and single dad. Natasha is a bit too... passive for the rest of her personality as an entrepreneur and dancer and with strong family support.

That said, this is one of Roberts' best depictions of a dependent child with Freddie (Frederica) st
Saly
Rating 3.5

I enjoyed this book, it was sweet and nice.
When the heroine Natasha meets the hero, she has a very bad impression of him mainly because she thinks he's a married man hitting on her while buying a toy for his daughter but she soon learns differently when she see him in class. The hero is a famous musician and composer and a widowed father who moved to give his daughter a new life and unexpectedly found a woman who awakens deep passion in him and is very prickly.

The moves are made by the
Ivonne
Gostei de ver a árvore genealógica ao início - mas ao mesmo tempo acaba por ser um spoiler.
Gostei da mensagem deste livro - amar e perdoar, não esquecer o passado e não ter medo de arriscar.
Maria
Sep 14, 2010 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The thing is that I started The Stanislaskis series beackwards with Waiting for Nick/ Considering Kate, and realized there were two othe books. I absolutly loved Taming Natasha because it's so heartbreaking what both Tash and Spence go through, and it's all about regaining one's sense of self. I think so far it's my favortie of the series. I loved the setting and the atmosphere very small town, and cozy and comfortable kind of like the McCade Brothers series. I loved The Fun House and how passio ...more
Tania Martins
Mar 26, 2011 Tania Martins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
Uma história de amor engraçada, gostei do Natasha mas acho que faltava força à protagonista, irritou-me algumas das atitudes dela relativamente ao Spence mas tendo em conta o contexto em que foi escrito (década de 90) acho que está uma história bem conseguida.

A Freddie era muito engraçada, proporcionou momentos engraçados com a Natasha, a relação que elas criam é muito fofa! A familia Stanislaski é demais, todos muito peculiares...
Arantzazu
Entretenido, escrito con la solvencia de la autora , que por algo es quién es dentro del género. Sin más pretensiones que una historia típica. Recomendable para un par de horas de asueto
Filipa
Esta parece ser outra saga bastante interessante. A Nora tem uma mão talentosa para lidar com famílias numerosas.
Valeria
Лека, забавна и романтична книга, която без проблеми допринася за един хубаво прекаран следобед.
Quinn's Book Nook
There is nothing quite like rereading old favorites, and I've been loving every minute I've spent listening to the Stanislaski series via audiobook. Taming Natasha by Nora Roberts is the first book in the Stanislaski series, and while I don’t love it like the later books in the series, it really is a great start.

Taming Natasha starts off with a misconception, which leads to Natasha and Spence not getting off to a great start. Natasha is the owner of a toy shop in a small town in West Virginia. S
Jan 07, 2017 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
No real story to this - just former ballerina who now runs a toy shop meeting and falling for a single dad and his adorable daughter ...
Cruth
Author: Nora Roberts
First published: 1991
Length: 2871 kindle locations
Setting: Contemporary Small-town. Shepherds town, West Virginia.
Sex: Explicit. Infrequent.
Hero: Composer / teacher.
Heroine: Russian former ballerina now toy shop owner.
Trigger: (view spoiler)
Sandra
Creo que darle 4 estrellas es demasiado, pero 3 estrellas no son suficientes, así que se queda en 3'5. Es un libro muy bonito, ligero y que se lee rapidísimo (apenas lo leí en unas horas!). El amor entre Spence y Natasha es precioso... eso sí, es más o menos un instalove, más por parte de él que de ella, porque Natasha lo odia desde que lo ve por primera vez jaja también hay que tener en cuenta la extensión del libro, que es bastante corto para lo que estoy acostumbrada leer de Nora Roberts. Per ...more
Pam
Aug 26, 2014 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Taming Natasha is book one in the Stanislaski series by Nora Roberts. It is a great book and an easy read. The characters are realistic as are the events in the plot.
Natasha Stanislaski had moved from New York City to a small town. She has all she wants and needs with her toy store and her home. She consistently refuses to have anything to do with men. What happened in her past to cause this? That perhaps is the reason she reacted to uncharacteristically when a gorgeous man came in with a woman
Kari
May 10, 2016 Kari rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, 2016
Set in the early 1990s, this story is a very bittersweet straight romance. I liked the characters as well as the love story. Natasha own a toy store in a small town in West Virginia. Spender and his daughter "Freddy" have just moved to town to start a new and slower paced life. For Spencer, it was instant attraction.

I loved Spencer. He was just too cute as he went about wooing Natasha to give in to their attraction. I loved that they ended up becoming friends. first and took things slowly. I wil
Lisa
Apr 19, 2013 Lisa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If you enjoy complicated plots and well developed characters, perhaps you should look elsewhere. When I reached the end of this book I was shocked ... because almost
nothing happens. Frigid toy store owner meets handsome music professor, he pursues her, she eventually acquiesces, she gets pregnant. Honestly, I picked this book up only because it was one of the few immediately available for download from my library as I was preparing for a long plane flight.
Danyelle Ferguson
One thing that's good about being sick, is getting to curl up with your favorite books. The Stanislaski series by Nora Roberts is one of my all time faves. I've read and reread this series over and over since my teen years. I was so happy to find it out as an ebook! Now I'm hoping my Nook will charge quickly so I can continue the series while I recover from the flu.
Esra
Jun 11, 2014 Esra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin
Bu kadının yarattığı ailelere bayılıyorum.. Her bir üyesi birbirinden tatlı oluyor :D
Bir Nora Roberts klasiği, yine çok hoştu.. Acaba yeni bir MacGregor ailesi mi geliyor diye düşündürdü.. Umarım o seri gibi harika devam eder bu da..
En çok ilgimi çeken kardeş şimdilik Mikhail..
Jenny E
Totally melodramatic and cheesy in places, but I LOVED IT! The best Nora Roberts I've read! Sometimes cheese and predictability is just what I need.
Viktoria Thuresson
Perfekt som lättläst sommarläsning.
Marcia  Haskell
Feb 14, 2017 Marcia Haskell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another moving story, by a wonderful author

Natasha owns a toy store, designed to reach out to children and parents alike. While she plainly loves children, she has been badly hurt and is determined not to care about any man again. Spence was a composer who has not been able to compose in several years. His focus, these days, is on his daughter, Freddie, and teaching at the local college. He isn't interested in caring for any women, just bring Freddie up to be a happy, outgoing child.

When these 2
Linda Walters
Feb 07, 2017 Linda Walters rated it liked it
I liked this book; it was sweet, tender and emotional. Good main characters, all three of them. Natasha (Tash), Spence and his daughter, Frederica (Freddy). There were a few surprises, some past griefs but it was a charming story over all. It was nice to see life in a small town being presented the way it was. Nice that Spence not only saw the benefits and that he also enjoyed them. I think some of the things that he appreciated are timeless, even in our current times. The only thing that dated ...more
Sharon Starr
I had never read a Nora Roberts book, but had several sitting on my shelf. Finally decided to go for one, and I think I made a good choice. Enjoyed the characters, their town, their occupations...all interesting. Similar to romance books I read back in school....on the tame side compared to the erotic books so popular today.

The professor teaches music and is a renowned composer...and widowed with a charming young daughter. Natasha is a former dancer, who experienced a devastating breakup, and no
Илияна Илиева
Simply Nora Roberts - romantic, kind, loving. But not only. Page turner. However, I don't think I'll read another one of this kind soon - I'll be under the impressions of this one story for a long time.
Vaun Healey
Feb 10, 2017 Vaun Healey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love rules.

Excellent story. Wonderful characters, woven into a great book. It moved right along at a good pace. Nora Roberts has not lost her touch.
Marie Brehm
Feb 05, 2017 Marie Brehm rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful story.

Love story at it's best. Wonderfully written life , love loss and passion. Will await the next book in the series
Alayne
Feb 15, 2017 Alayne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As usual an entertaining story from Nora Roberts. It always bothers me that the hero practically sexually assaults the heroine in the first few chapters, though.
İlkim
Çoook tatlı bir hikaye. Lisanın friday harbor serisindeki ilk kitabı andırıyor bir de...
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Long May She Reign (The President's Daughter, #4)
  • Sean's Reckoning (The Devaneys, #2)
  • The Man Tamer (It's All About Attitude #7)
  • Within Reach
  • Mail Order Cowboy (Brides of Simpson Creek, #1)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • The Notorious Scoundrel (The Hawkins Brothers #2)
  • In For a Penny
  • Betsy and the Great World / Betsy's Wedding (Betsy-Tacy #9-10)
  • Cold Midnight
  • The Marshal's Ready-Made Family (Prairie Courtships, #2)
  • Day of Reckoning (Cascades Concealed #2)
  • The Sheik and the Virgin Secretary
  • Destined to Last (Providence, #4)
  • Deep Autumn Heat (Star Harbor, #1)
  • Thief of Light  (The Four-Sided Pentacle, #2)
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including The Obsession, The Liar, The Collector, Whiskey Beach and coming in June 2017, Come Sundown. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
More about Nora Roberts...

The Stanislaskis: Those Wild Ukrainians (6 books)
  • Luring A Lady (The Stanislaskis: Those Wild Ukrainians #2)
  • Falling for Rachel (The Stanislaskis: Those Wild Ukrainians #3)
  • Convincing Alex (The Stanislaskis: Those Wild Ukrainians #4)
  • Waiting For Nick (The Stanislaskis: Those Wild Ukrainians #5)
  • Considering Kate (The Stanislaskis: Those Wild Ukrainians #6)