Start by marking “Booboo (Read-Aloud)” as Want to Read:
Booboo (Read-Aloud)

Booboo (Gossie and Friends)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  268 ratings  ·  34 reviews
BooBoo is a gosling. A small, blue gosling who loves to eat. There is nothing that BooBoo won't try. Or is there?
Published February 11th 2008 by Harcourt Brace and Company (first published August 30th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Booboo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Booboo

Willie Butts
Picture Book
Dunrea, Olivier. BOOBOO. New York: Houghton Mifflin, 2004
Genre: Children’s Books
This book is written about a female gosling named Boo-Boo who loves to eat. She goes around eating everything insight from grain to weeds in the pond everything she ate she declared was good. One day while she was out on the pond she noticed some bubbles in the air and ate one. The bubble caused her to release bubbles out of her mouth every time she burped. Finally a fish instructed her to drink some wat...more
David
BooBoo (Gossie & Friends) by Olivier Dunrea focues on a curious blue gosling who like to eat everything - almost.

BooBoo eats everwhere she goes. BooBoo eats her food, grapes, the hen's grain, the goat's food, mouse's food, and weeds. Then BooBoo ate a soap bubble, and burped forward, backward, under the water and in the weeds. A fish advises BooBoo to drink water. After BooBoo does she says "Good food."

Many animals are encountered including hummingbirds, snail, bird, mouse, hens, grasshopper...more
Russell
Rachel
I picked up this title because it is my son’s nickname, plus I love the author/illustrator. BooBoo is a little blue gosling who likes to eat everything. One day she eats a bubble and starts burping them up. A small turtle advises her to drink some water and she does and the burping stops. Recommended for ages 2-5, 2 stars.
Erin
BooBoo is a blue gosling who likes to eat all the time. She is curious about the world and tries new things--even bubbles.

Good for toddler storytimes.
Dee
Tis kid eats a lot. Like a garbage responsible. A lot of fun though as y daughter likes her bubbles!
Nancy
Another cute addition to this series.
Christina
The series begins with Gossie & Gertie although they do not have to be read in any particular order. They are short, cute and fun books. They do not teach any higher values and morals; they are purely for entertainment. The reason I give them all four stars is because my son loves them so much, he carries them around with him everywhere and I like the art. Anything that encourages my semi-reluctant reader that well deserves a decent rating.
jacky
Must have read this to Natalie back in Dec 2010, but I didn't remember it. We've read it a few times now in May 2012 since we've read all the others in the series in the last few months. This one was fun to read. I was surprised that Natalie didn't laugh more at the burping up bubbles. I made her cry when we read the end though because I made Natalie think BooBoo was going to get hurt from eating the bees at the end.
Connie
Very cute and simple. Charming would have to be the word I'd use. Just the thing to attract the attention of a baby or toddler.

Can't recommend them enough :)

This one is funnier than most, though I can't say why.

I will say that after several books (and several readings of each book), one starts to notice how formulaic they are. But that's all right. Children like predictable things.
Lisa
Boo Boo is my favourite book in this series. I've read it to my baby many, many times and am still not tired of the sweet story and lovely illustrations. I found this book was actually perfect for a very young child due to the repetitive nature of the text. Every time I said "Good food" my 3 month old would try to mimic the "o" sound. Very sweet.
Emmy
Boo Boo, a blue gosling loves to eat...anything. The playful illustrations convey curiosity.

I enjoyed reading this book and thought that Boo Boo's presence on every page - coupled with a descriptive sentence - moved the story forward in a way that would make sense for babies just being introduced to books.
Deb
Not sure what the take away from this story is supposed to be, but the idea of someone eating everything in sight (including soap bubble) with water being the relief just seems a bit dangerous for a certain child I know who already puts everything she can into her mouth. Cute drawings as all the series have.
Saby
Apr 07, 2011 Saby rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children
Shelves: a-mama-s-review
Originality: 5
Illustrations: 5
Story: 3
BooBoo:4
The BooBoo is a charming and endearing character. But the flow of this story is jerky. Also there is a sad attempt at humour here. The illustrations are charming.
Cheryl in CC NV
Be careful what child you give this book to - it almost made me want to eat a bubble and then burp a bunch, even though I know better. These gosling books would make great board books for the right toddler.
Tricia
Tiny-sized book about a tiny-sized gosling who loves food. Illustrations are delicate and BooBoo is endearing. Not a thriller or something for a large group but enjoyable one on one.
Ellias
I like this one, but maybe not as much as Gossie. It's very similar, and I've learned to say "Booboo" to ask for it, but I don't get the same thrill from it that Gossie gives me.
Andrea
Booboo is our favorite of all the Olivier Dunrea books...but all are brilliant for tots. Very much looking forward to the new, full length, book being released in Feb 2010.
Jenni
My all time favorite of Olivier Dunrea. I love Boo Boo's character and the kids love the story of BooBoo who eats everything. I adore the illustrations.
Beck
I still like the illustrations, but I thought the plot was a bit stupid and certainly formulaic--the same things were far cuter in the other books.
Nora
Booboo likes to eat--pretty much anything & that gets her into trouble.
*Darling illustrations! I looooooove this author!
Lisa Houlihan
I liked Peedie and BooBoo the goose was cute too but the real reason I read this wee little charmer is my own bear.
Justin
The story was simple and enjoyable, but I enjoyed the illustrations much more than the story itself.
Nadia
My littles like this book but it's not one they want to repeatedly read b/c it's a little monotonous.
Heather
We like this little book. It reminds us of our little Erin. She loves to munch things, just not bubbles.
Stephanie
Feb 09, 2008 Stephanie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All kids!
Shelves: kids-books
We love Boo Boo! We read this book very regularly! All of the books in this series are fantastic!
Amberly
Everything about this book is very sweet. I especially loved the illustrations with the bubbles.
Cara
The illustrations in this book are really cute and the story is fun and cute as well.
Gail
My 2.5 y.o. likes this series, which include Gossie, Peedee, and Ollie.
Vicki
Great illustrations, endearing characters and a cute story.
  • What's Up, Duck?: A Book of Opposites
  • Tall
  • Little Oink
  • So Many Bunnies: A Bedtime ABC and Counting Book
  • The Whales' Song
Since his debut in 1983, author and illustrator Olivier Dunrea has created a steady stream of picture books, including concept books, stories of family life—modern and ancient—and stories about artists. Many of Dunrea's picture books testify to his love of animals and his interest in archaeology and folklore of the British Isles, and several—including Ravena, The Trow-Wife's Treasure, and Bear Noe...more
More about Olivier Dunrea...
Gossie Gossie and Gertie Ollie Old Bear and His Cub Ollie the Stomper