Start by marking “Colters' Daughter (Colters' Legacy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Colters' Daughter (Colters' Legacy, #3)

Colters' Daughter (Colters' Legacy #3)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  5,044 ratings  ·  216 reviews
He let her go once. This time he's playing for keeps.

"Colters' Legacy, Book 3"

Callie Colter once chased sunsets all over the world. Until Max. Together they were a perfect storm of desire, and she reveled in the beautiful power. Then he disappeared without a word, and the betrayal drove her home to lick her wounds.

Who knew he'd have the gall to show his face in her brother
Trade Paperback, 240 pages
Published February 7th 2012 by Samhain Publishing (first published February 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Colters' Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Colters' Daughter

Auntee
Jan 05, 2012 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Colters series; erotic romance fans who don't mind a little D/s
Pretty darn enjoyable for a book I didn't have a lot of high expectations for. I was a little wary about the whole D/s theme (not my favorite) of this story, so I wasn't so sure I'd like it. But I did! And I even teared up at the end (okay, not so unusual for me...but I was feelin' it!)

This story is about 23 year old Callie Colter, the pretty, blue-eyed brunette free-spirit of the Colter family. You know Callie's parents if you've read Colters' Woman, and you met her three brothers if you've rea
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Conversation That You Should Never Have With Your Dad :

Ryan picked up her wrist so that the silver bands gleamed in the moonlight. "And these? Are they a symbol of his ownership?"
Callie was silent for a long time. "Yes," she said quietly. "They are - were."
Ryan sighed. "I can't say I like to hear any of this. You're my little girl - will always be my little girl."

Really? Is nothing sacred between a man and a woman in the bedroom? I can tell you with 100% certainty that my father and I would n
Sans
First, I stayed up way the hell to late reading this. Second, I really don't like the Nook reading app for PC.

For anyone who has read the previous Colters' Legacy books, this is quite a departure. No multiple partners or no unbelievable "We magically fell for the same woman and are absolutely not squicked out by having almost-sex with each other even though we're brothers" here. Not that that bothered me in the other books. The other books were pretty damn hot in places. But the plausibility was
Ursula
Oh Man. I don't even know what to say. I just finished the book and I am still overwhelmed. I love a book that makes you feel the gut wrenching emotions. Maya Banks warned me a month ago that I would need a tissue while reading this book and I surely did. I don't want to say anymore than that because it was just released today, so I don't want to spoil it for anyone. Just read it!
DKristin
I enjoyed the D/s relationship that was in this one. It wasn't quite as hot as the others thus far in this series. I suspect that may be due in part to Callie only having one partner. I guess it's impossible not to be scorching when you are the only woman in a three man sandwich as Holly & Lilly are. That scene on his couch though was smoking!!!!! ;D
Guilty Pleasures
WOW!!!! 4.5 stars A GREAT ENDING to the Colter Legacy....An incredible story the emotions were so real, an ALPHA to die for and a woman who is strong and fights for what she wants and the smoking hot sex is great too!!!! If I wouldn't have already read some books about D/s I may have felt a little weirded out by Max.

I LOVE me some Colters' hate that there are more siblings, but glad that Callie got her HEA. I did feel the end was a little abrupt, I always like an epilogue, especially at the end
Booklover, Indianapolis
(August) 2.5* I just could not get comfortable with this book. I'm not sure why, but it didn't work for me. Easy enough read - but coming from a family such as Callie's I expected her to either be a very strong, independent woman or quiet, sweet, shy, loving. I think she was supposed to be strong and independent - but she was a bit of an idiot, IMO! First of all, if you dream of building your dream house, you get a real job - you don't work crappy dead end jobs and then hope to save enough to bu ...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
I liked reading Callie's story. And surprise, surprise....she's a one man woman!!!!!!

I mean, she has three fathers and one mother and three brothers and one sister-in-law..what were the chances that she would be anything different, right!!

Callie was quite a likeable character but I just wish she had shown a bit more backbone when it came to Max...I thought she was this independent and kick-ass heroine but ....melts around this idiot who abandoned her years before.

Of course, I changed my mind abo
Dee
I didn't really like this book very much and that was because of how the H wanted the h to be submissive. I can accept him as a Dom and wanting her submissive with her accepting to be this way when having sex but not in ordinary day to day life. She was supposed to be the woman he loved and cherished and not a plaything.

I struggled to believe that a woman who is described as strong and independant would accept and do this. To me it felt that she was willing to become a plaything and a doormat ju
Jacqueline
Well you know what you're in for when you pick up one of the books in this series and it pretty much delivered on that. There were a whole bunch of characters mucking about in the main H/h's lives. It is always sort of distracting wondering how the rest of the town feels about all the multiple marriages, esp. that of the police chief. Between her family and me subconsciously counting bath and shower scenes, the actual sexing got a bit lost. Fairly hot what there was but there wasn't much. And I ...more
Audrey02
MaryReadsRomance
COLTERS' DAUGHTER is pretty well done BDSM erotica/smut with a story. Maya Banks is a romance writer with extensive experience in writing mainstream romances for Harlequin and very explicit erotica with Samhain Publishing, etc. As in her previous Colter books, Maya Banks has her own unique way of writing appealing romantic characters, unrealistic fantasy plots, and scorching hot sex scenes.
description
To my surprise, and personal relief, COLTERS' DAUGHTER is a complete departure from the earlier series (Le
Pboswell
So, Max Wilder was alot to deal with. My goodness.

I guess it would take a woman of Callie's caliber to committed to a man like Max. They were also hot, VERY HOT.

Max's secret was terrible, never thought it had the power to shatter Callie's world - her reason for existing. And as free spirited as she is, she could never free herself from the hold Max had on her heart and soul. In the end, Max suffered the same (if not more) than Callie did in the beginning. That's the thing about love, it doesn'
jenjn79
This was a pretty good book, fitting for the series it is a part of, but it didn't entirely ring my bell.

Series Note:
Third book in the Colters' Legacy series about a family with some very non-traditional relationships. I don't think you have to read the others to read this one.

Summary:
Callie Colter is a bit of an anomaly in a family that is full of anomalies. Unlike her siblings and parents, Callie never went to college or has a desire for a steady full time job and has a yearning for travel and
Jess
I have mixed feelings about this book. This is about Callie, the daughter of Ryan, Adam, Ethan and Holly. Callie is upset over a recent heartbreak and is just starting to move on with her life when Max walks back into her life. She responds by punching him in the face and then crying. Max insists that he can make up for his past mistake with her and that together they can get over the past and move on. Callie agrees, but Max has one condition. While they work on their relationship she must resum ...more
Lynette
Hello, my name is Lynette and I have a problem. I am a Maya Banks fan girl. Even though I have serious issues with a lot of her novels (as you will soon see), those issues don’t stop me from running out to get her latest release, or not reading her books as quick as I can. If you can please provide any assistance to let me know why I have this addiction, and what it is about Ms. Banks and her writing that pulls me in despite myself I would be extremely grateful.

COLTERS’ DAUGHTER is the third boo
The UHQ Nasanta
What I liked about this book was its premise. Max Wilder, for all intents and purposes, had abandoned Callie in Europe after a short period of fantastic bonding and sex. What I liked was that before he came seeking Callie, he had already decided that she was more important and necessary in his life than fulfilling a deathbed promise to his mother, one that would mean losing Callie. Being more accustomed to historical romances where the hero would choose a miserable life to breaking his word of h ...more
Jessica Alcazar
well THAT was unexpected (full review later when I finish the series)

OK, so now I'm ready to do a full review of this series as it stands at this time. meaning I have read all the books presently published as of today.

First I'd like to say that over all, it was a phenomenal family story. I laughed and cried and laughed and cried through most of the books. They were all very touching.

As for the unique lifestyle of the Colter men, the boys didn't get a very good character exploration in their stor
Frances McNeal
Ashley
It pains me to give a Maya Banks book only 2 stars, but I didn't care much for this one as a whole. I really liked Holly, the only daughter to the original Colter foursome, but I did not like her man, Max. I didn't see the appeal of him at all. Theirs became a straight up dom/sub relationship, which I could not get into. It seemed so out of Holly's characterization to put her in that mind frame. I even skimmed their sex scenes in hopes of getting back to more plot. I enjoyed other parts of the s ...more
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
3 1/2 to 4 Stars – Erotic Romance – I've enjoyed this series but I have issues with the narrator. His female voices are too soft and sugary sweet for me, which grates on my nerves a little.
ValerieC
I think the only thing I liked about this was the end. Guess that says it all. After so many people waited for this book, I expected it to be better, but, IMHO, it wasn't as good as the first ones. The story about Callie's Meadow was just hokey.. and frankly, Max made my skin crawl. He didn't even talk like an American, but in stilted English most of the time. And that silly Dom stuff that a girl like Callie just accepted immediately... puhleeze. As if her Dads Adam and Ryan weren't domineerng e ...more
Fiona Goodman
I didn't really enjoy this book. I found Max kinda smarmy. I'm not sure why. I've read other d/s books by Maya Banks. "Sweet Seduction" and "Sweet Temptation" didn't bother me at all. I think because the women in these books were already drawn to this lifestyle and therefore d/s was an innate part of their sexual makeup. Therefore the relationships with dominant men seemed more of an act of self-fulfillment rather than just trying to satisfy their partners. Callie, on the other hand was already ...more
Ashley
I have a few problems with this book. I've read all the others before this and got to really know Callie. So I was disappointed the author couldn't simply make a cute romance between two people. Callie was this strong determined character, taking no ones bullshit and relying on herself. Instead the entire book besides the last few chapters were based solely on submission and hard core sex every page. The submission isn't my style so I don't like reading about a romance based on submission. When ...more
Pete
Colters’ Daughter is book 3 of Colters’ Legacy series by Maya Banks.

I do like Maya Banks a lot, but this series made me squirm a lot, however this book was much better. I’m not a fan of BSDM/and ménages, but I was a huge fan of Callie who had 3 dads who traveled to Europe encountering MAX who abandoned her. Upon his return she bashed him in the face.

The fact that he didn’t reveal the dropping her element left me waiting for the other shoe to drop, but a HOUSE???. Callie was from this unique
Jaime
Can I give this 10 stars out of 5? If I could I would.

Now, Max, Callie, the Colters. :) I have always LOVED Maya Banks and her ability to write amazing polyamorous books. I fully expected Callie to fall into the family way...not go with one man with such passion and the D/s was perfection. PERFECTION.

Just amazing.

I won this book from Maya on Twitter. I was so excited.

This made my week. Winning the early release & then the story, perfect.
Lynda
Independent brokenhearted Callie Colter returned home from her European excursion, abandoned after a three-week whirlwind romance with the dominating arrogant Max Wilder, Callie’s heartache was locked away from the loving hearts of her family. Max hid his secret from Callie as he actively pursued her to regain her love – Max was not a man to lose and this time would not be any different.

“Colter’s Daughter” was written with intense sensuality and passion eliciting the warmth of commitment and the
Marielle ♥ dominus ♥
I don't understand! I'm conflicted whether I'll put it on the fave list or not because this made me FREAKING BAWL MY EYES OUT and MADE MY HEART ACHE and I don't know if it's a plus or down side. -_-
Callie's an ass. I don't know how she didn't see that he really do love her. And the families too. It was so obvious he does. But then, I wouldn't know what they're feeling if I was in that situation. LOL!
I thought Callie will have three men, I was actually expecting it but then I was surprised it was
Mary
Callie came home from Europe broken. She won't tell her family what happened while she was away, determined to keep her foolishness to herself.

She's watched her brothers fall in love with the sweet and broken Lily, wondering why she can't have the love of just one man.

Max shows up unannounced, determined to win Callie back. Callie, hurt and scared, tells him to get lost. Undetered, Max stays in town determined to make Callie listen to him, to get back in his life and her bed.

Callie gives him a s
Mindy
This book seemed similar to other MB's books--Callie's relationship with Max was disturbing, he was spouting jibberish about trust and love and all the time he was lying to her about how they met and the reasons he pursued her in the beginning--Manipulative, Dominate and ultimately destructive relationship, but she keeps going back to him--go figure.
The World of Maya...: * 3. Colters' Daughter 1 15 Apr 28, 2013 07:44AM
  • Blade's Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #2)
  • One to Keep (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #3)
  • Cowgirls Don't Cry (Rough Riders, #10)
  • Razor's Edge (Men in Blue, #2)
  • Southern Comfort (Compass Brothers, #2)
  • Their Virgin's Secret (Masters of Ménage, #2)
  • A Little Harmless Lie (Harmless, #4)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...
Rush (Breathless, #1) Fever (Breathless, #2) Burn (Breathless, #3) Sweet Surrender (Sweet, #1) The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1)

“How do you maybe hit someone?” Michael drawled.

“Okay, so I decked him. At the time he deserved it.”
14 likes
“I’ll have your fathers make something special,” Holly said serenely. “If it turns out we don’t like him, I’ll cook the next meal for him.” 10 likes