Start by marking “Right Kind of Girl” as Want to Read:
Right Kind of Girl

Right Kind of Girl

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  99 ratings  ·  7 reviews
BABY BOOM "A suitable wife?"

Emma Trent had spent most of her life looking after other people, so it was a shock to encounter a man so determined to take care of "her--"Sir Paul Wyatt was fast becoming her very own guardian angel!

She was hardly in a position to turn down his proposal of marriage, even if it was motivated by convenience on his part. With her plain looks and
ebook, Harlequin Romance #3467, Baby Boom #6
Published July 15th 2011 by Harlequin Romance Treasury (first published December 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Right Kind of Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Right Kind of Girl

Kimberly
A few weeks ago I was chatting with a woman who like's the blog's Facebook page and she recommended Betty Neels to me because I was looking to expand my sweet reads library and it just so happened that my local used bookstore had a moving sale almost around the same time so I was able to score The Right Kind of Girl for 25 cents.

Anyways, since I love when people comment on the page I decided to give this one a try since I needed a quick and easy read I decided to go with this one. I knew right
Drebbles
Emma Trent and Dr. Paul Wyatt meet when Emma's mother has a medical emergency and needs immediate surgery. They cross paths a few times after that. When Emma's life is turned upside down by tragedy, Paul offers to marry her, a marriage of convenience. Emma agrees even though she doesn't love Paul. Gradually she begins to fall in love with him, but what about his relationship with Diana, who is far more sophisticated and beautiful than Emma could ever hope to be?

I'm not terribly fond of "marriag
Kathy
I love Betty Neels' books. I love the comfortableness of opening one and knowing exactly what I'll be getting. I love how very literate a writer she was, the quaint turn of phrase, the loving detailed descriptions of food, architecture, and fashion. I love the inscrutability of her heroes, which make me examine tones of voices or facial expressions to understand what the hero is feeling. I love her earlier heroines who are independent, smart, and industrious - be she plain or beautiful, "splendi ...more
Leona
This was an Ok read, but definitely not one of Betty's better efforts. I usually don't mind the same story told over and over again, because it is so well told and the quirkiness of the characters differentiate the story. But this time, it all just felt flat and things just seemed to jump around. Consequently, I never got "into" the story and couldn't really relate to the main characters. I was just a casual participator, somewhat removed from the story.

Kobie
do so love this author. one less star for backstabbing secondary character.
Kristine Morgan
This review is for The Right Kind of Girl. Like all Betty Neels books this is about a marriage of convenience. Sir Paul Wyatt is a wealthy consultant who marries Emma Trent , a down on her luck , plain girl. They have many misunderstandings along the way to marital bliss.
I like Betty's books for quick, relaxing reading in between the other books I read. They are nice to sit down with a cup of tea , and go into another world. Great to de-stress with.
Rita
1995. This must be one of her worst, perhaps the books get more repetitive, more stereotyped and more imitative [of earlier works:] as the author got older? The only original bits I found were two references to feminism as something the characters did not want to be associated with!

I'd like to know whether any of her early books are not just her same-old same-old. Somehow I have only been able to get ahold of later books and they are all the same. Well, I've had enough now, have memorized the pl
Raven
Raven marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
June Taylor
June Taylor marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Ladyrose
Ladyrose marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Mada Boulineau
Mada Boulineau marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Violet
Violet marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Teresa Da
Teresa Da marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Mary Rose
Mary Rose marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Stefanie London
Stefanie London marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Betty Neels was born on September 15, 1910 in Devon to a family with firm roots in the civil service. She said she had a blissfully happy childhood and teenage years, which stood her in good stead for the tribulations to come with the Second World War. She was sent away to boarding school, and then went on to train as a nurse, gaining her SRN and SCM, that is, State Registered Nurse and State Cert ...more
More about Betty Neels...
An Old-Fashioned Girl (The Best Of Betty Neels) The Quiet Professor Cassandra by Chance A Girl In a Million (The Best of Betty Neels) Winter Wedding