Start by marking “Way of the Warrior (Lady Ilena, #2)” as Want to Read:
Way of the Warrior (Lady Ilena, #2)

Way of the Warrior (Lady Ilena #2)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  126 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Lady Ilena still can’t believe she is hereditary chief of Dun Alyn, her new home in the North. She eagerly awaits the return of her betrothed, Durant of Arthur’s table, and the time when Durant will rule beside her. But Britain is in a state of unrest. Despite Durant’s and Arthur’s efforts at unification, several neighboring fortresses have allied with Saxon invaders in th ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 208 pages
Published December 18th 2008 by Laurel-Leaf Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Way of the Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Way of the Warrior

Lady Knight
While not nearly as good as the first book in this duo, "Way of the Warrior" was a decent tale of the Dark Ages. I first read this one when I was about sixteen, and I loved it then, re-reading it now, I find that it simply isn't as exciting as I once thought it was. Still, a solid read.

Ilena is back and is adjusting to life as the chief of Dun Alyn. Durant is forced to return to Arthur and must leave Ilena with only the memories of their times together, his gold ring, and a promise that he'll re
Carmen
A Realistic Take on Britain in Arthur’s Times

It’s 500 AD and Britain is divided: the south and east regions of the island are under Saxon’s rule, while the northern tribes have rallied under Arthur, the Dragon Chief, in an effort to keep their customs and their lands. Among those who have sworn fealty to Arthur are Ilena, the 15 year old chieftain of Dun Alyn and Durant her betrothed who is also Arthur’s cousin.

As the novel starts Durant is leaving Ilena to serve with Arthur, and promises her he
Renee
Lady Ilena is content because she will be the next chief of Dun Alyn and will be married to her betrothed, Durant who is a member of Arthur’s table. While Durant is absent aiding Arthur, Lady Ilena faces problems with an unwanted suitor - Faolan. During a battle, Lady Ilena falters and journeys in order to reclaim her honor. Themes include love, loss, and honor. This book will appeal to girls looking for an independent and strong female character and those interested in Arthurian settings. Since ...more
Jill
Feb 20, 2012 Jill rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Lady Ilena: Way of the Warriorintroduces a part of history that may be unfamiliar to many readers. Ilena defends her land, leads her people, and goes on a quest to redeem herself when she stumbles in her duty. The action moves quickly and the ending is satisfying while still allowing for the natural addition of a third book.

This book contains alcohol consumption.
Jenny
Lady Ilena is content as the chief of Dun Alyn and betrothed to Arthur's man Durant. But unrest is in the country, and Ilena turns down neighbor Faolin's betrothal, leading to a battle where she freezes. Cast out of Dun Alyn untl she has committed mighty deeds to prove her worth, Ilena struggles to protect her friends and prepare for the coming battle. Can she free Arthur in time?
Patricia
It had been so long since I read book one that initially I was scrambling to remember the story. I liked this story alright. I remember being very taken with book one. I liked book two but not as much as I hazily recall liking book one. This story seemed rather short and I felt a bit of disappointment at the end, as it seemed to end abruptly.
Dame
Mar 01, 2010 Dame rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Briony
So this was the second, again did not know, but seriously loved the book. It is short, very fast paced and still flows really well. It was interesting to learn about woman's roles during the time period. The author stayed very true to it. I didn't know that women of this time period were such fearsome warriors.
Alyssa
I was a little shocked at the end-and I am sure there is another book to follow-there had better be! But this book was better paced and even better than the first one. Treachery sets Ilena in exile and she gets involved in efforts to save the legendary Arthur.
Rachel
Not brilliant, but not bad. Unfortunately, it doesn't feel like quite the end of the story, but my library doesn't have any more in the series. Assuming there is more in the story.
Veronica
I really liked this sequel to 'Lady Ilena'. But what was up with that ending!?!?!?
Abby
i loved it! just as good as the first one! i cant wait for the next!!
Sarah marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Aria Sedai
Aria Sedai marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Bookyurt
Bookyurt marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Jacqis
Jacqis marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Rin
Rin marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Morh
Morh marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Vidushi Goel
Vidushi Goel marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Patricia  Moberg
Patricia Moberg marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Erin Lowe
Erin Lowe marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Megeshni
Megeshni marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Far Traveler
  • Growing Wings
  • The Bonemender's Choice (The Bonemender, #3)
  • Loot (Lady Grace Mysteries, #12)
  • Conspiracy (Lady Grace Mysteries, #3)
  • Song For A Dark Queen
  • The Slightly Irregular Fire Engine
  • The Mimosa Tree
  • Destiny's Path (Warrior Princess, #2)
  • Cecile: Gates of Gold (Girls of Many Lands, France)
  • The Girl Who Raced Fairyland All the Way Home (Fairyland, #5)
  • Isabel: Taking Wing (Girls of Many Lands, England)
  • Earth 2788 - The Earth Girl Short Stories (Earth Girl, #0.5)
  • Wishing Moon
  • Blaze of Silver (The de Granville Trilogy, #3)
  • Untitled (Ready Player One, #2)
  • Mexico, 1850 (Vampire Plagues, #3)
  • Vengeance Road
Born in 1932, Patricia Malone is a former teacher who began a second career as a children's author with her debut novel, The Legend of Lady Ilena.
More about Patricia Malone...

Lady Ilena (2 books)
  • The Legend of Lady Ilena (Lady Ilena, #1)
The Legend of Lady Ilena (Lady Ilena, #1) Julia (The Kingston Chronicles) Sound The Trumpet: Planning and Teaching Religion in the Catholic Primary School Proceedings of the Harvard Celtic Colloquium, 28: 2008 Exploring the Religion Classroom A Guidebook for Catholic Schools