Demon (The Fallen, #2)

Demon (The Fallen #2)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  1,394 ratings  ·  144 reviews

Fallen angels abound in the second sizzling paranormal romance by newcomer Kristina Douglas, featuring Azazel, the King of the Fallen.
MP3 Book, 0 pages
Published May 19th 2011 by Tantor Media, Inc. (first published March 31st 2011)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
This was a solid four star book until the last hundred or so pages, when it really turned around, and I knew it would get the highest rating from me. I must say I think the storyline is very imaginative, artistic and surreal. Ms. Douglas isn't an overly expansive writer, but she somehow paints a very vivid picture of the sights and surroundings, emotions and actions of her characters. Dark City is a nightmarish place, and the imagery rang loud and clear as I read. Sheol has an otherworldly beaut...more
Blacky *Romance Addict*
Michael Fassbender as Azazeal from the series Hex Photobucket

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I adored that series, and once I saw that Azazel is the H in this one... Well it just had me squeeling all over Photobucket

This book was SO much better than the first one! The story's better, I connected to the characters from the very beginning :)

The story is about Azazel fighting his destiny, the awfull prophecy that says he will bond and mate with the demon Lilith and rule over Hell. So he finds Lilith in order to kill her. But one thing he didn't exp...more
Jess the Romanceaholic
I'm so, so disappointed with this one.

I love Anne Stuart's novels with a fierceness, so I knew I'd have to read her paranormal romances under the pen name Kristina Douglas. I'd read Raziel, and enjoyed it, but this one? *sigh*

There was such potential, but it just fell flat. There was the enemies to lovers thing, the angst of amnesia and possibly a misunderstood demon heroine, and of course, the trademark Big Betrayal by the hero.

But.... (view spoiler)...more
Hbeebti
This book first off wasn't funny like the first. Maybe it was just me. It seemed more serious. Azazel and Rachel were a great match. But there was a lot to overcome. Azazel was still grieving for Sarah and through at least most of the book he held onto the grief and anger and poor Rachel was really treated like crap. I felt bad for her through almost the whole book.

Rachel has a secret but she has lost her memories so all she has is the past couple of years. Along comes Azazel telling her shes a...more
Bookaholics
Demon (The Fallen) by Kristina Douglas
Urban Fantasy - May 31st, 2011
2 stars

Demon is the second in the Fallen angels series by Kristina Douglas. Hard core heroes with little compassion try to protect their world from demons.

Azazel's wife died, and he is bitter. Now he is on the hunt. He vows to find the evil reincarnation of the original Lilith. (A woman who denied Adam and was sentenced to a living hell for not letting herself be dominated by a man.) Azazel is appointed with discovering what she...more
Words
Steph
(3 1/2 Stars)

I'm not sure what possessed me to read this book in its entirety. A fast read no-doubt, but I'm still unsure if I even liked this book. After enjoying the first book, I thought the follow-up would be decent as well. Well, I was wrong. The writing and worldbuilding was fine enough, it was the main couple's relationship that disturbed me. The male protagonist goes beyond acting cool & indifferent, when an unwelcome attraction begins to bloom towards the demon he's been tracking. I...more
*P*u*r*p*l*e*
Rva Booklover
Very Brief Synopsis - Flash to 7 years after the end of the last book, Raziel. Azazel is still mourning the loss of his mate, has given over control of the Fallen to Raziel, and apparently has been hunting for the Lilith. He finds her in the form of Rachel, who has no memory of having been the dread Lilith, leaves her to her fate twice, and ends up rescuing her twice before taking her to the Fallen sanctuary, Sheoul.

Azazel - Well...not the nicest hero ever. No, not nice. At. All. From what I ca...more
Lizzielvr
The story was dark and intense. I liked that this book is 7 years after the death of Azazel’s wife, it made it more realistic (as realistic as this genre can be LOL). He is still bitter and angry. He is the tortured hero, although he is not always heroic. Some of it was a bit too intense for me, but it was a interesting addition to the series.

I not sure who is next in the series, but I would love to read Micheal's story.
♡  SEXY ♡
Gosh I just LOVE The Fallen series!
I think they rank with Black Dagger Brotherhood. I read this book in one day, I just couldn't put it down!!
It has Humor and sarcasm and sweeeetttt heart melting comebacks and ahhh
I thought Raziel was the man but Azezel is my hard hearted HERO
Kaetrin
**an edited version of this review appears at All About Romance in the Speaking of Audiobooks column 22 August 2011 and will also be on the SOA Group's minishelves**

Demon is book 2 in Kristina Douglas’ Fallen series, the follow up to Raziel. *spoilers for Raziel*. At the end of the first book, Azazel’s beloved Sarah has been killed and in his grief, he leaves Sheol. Demon picks up 5 years later when Azazel locates ”the Lillith” (aka Rachel, who has no memory of Lillith) a demon who, according to...more
Maria
I really don’t know what to say about “The Fallen: Demon” the second book of The Fallen series by Kristina Douglas! Although, they were a lot of things that I don’t enjoy in other books, in this one those things were the best part!

The story takes place seven years after the first book and the main character is Azazel. He is a Fallen and a not an easy-going person. His beloved wife, Sarah, has been murdered at the end of the first book and now he’s trying to prove wrong an ancient prophecy which...more
VampireNovelFan
Improved from the first, but I'm actually confused as to if I even like this book

So going by my usual pattern I've decided to read Kristina Douglas's angel series back to back. While the first book, Raziel, wasn't the best, I thought the world was fairly interesting and I was willing to give the second book a go. On the plus side, Demon (The Fallen #2) definitely provided me with an unexpected experience.

While book 1 focuses on Raziel and Allie, in typical paranormal romance fashion its sequel...more
Diane
The second book in the Fallen series is excellent, but has two problems. The first is that the hero betrays the heroine so terribly that it is very hard to get past his action, even though he saves the heroine eventually. There isn't enough repentance on his part, and the relatively speedy forgiveness by the heroine rankles. The betrayal was both emotional and physical and the results were horrific; they might have ended in death. I would have felt better if the heroine fell into the situation w...more
Avi
*sigh* I was really hoping to be able to give this book a better rating than the last one "Raziel", but sadly this book was completely worse than the first. My main complaint is Azazel. I don't think I could ever hate a "hero" as much as I hated him throughout this whole book. What a cruel and callous bastard. Rachel was okay at first, I liked her in the beginning, but just reading about her being okay with what Azazel did her, I began to lose any respect for her as not only just a fictional cha...more
Taria Reed
ok it took me about 45minutes into this audiobook to realize that the author switched from 1st person POV. I knew something was off but just couldn't put my finger on it. (back to the story)

OMG!! 2hrs 24mins into the audiobook I realized that Rachel's POV is in first person and Azazel's pov is in 3rd person. WTF!?!?! Ok seriously why the hell would someone do that? Beuler? Beuler? (back to the story)

7hrs into the audiobook I'm staring at the wall thinking...WTF!?! Azazel is such a dick. I like R...more
I have mixed feelings about this book. I like Rachel in some ways, but in others, the author made her too "weak." She gives up too easily, she is too readily the victim. But I guess, in some people's eyes, there is a strength in the ability to submit and trust that you won't get anything you aren't willing to submit to. Which of course... means that she gets lots of things she definitely doesn't want to happen. I am upset that she never got to tell the truth about herself and that people are sti...more
✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽
This book begins seven years after the end of the first book and deals with Azazel and Rachel. Azazel had lost his mate, Sarah, in the first book and is in mourning. There is a prophecy that he will be bonded with a demon called the Lilith who is supposed to be Rachel. Rachel is totally human and has no memory of being a demon or doing any of the horrible things the Lilith has done. However, she is aware that certain things happen when she's around so she is always on the move, and it doesn't he...more
Celeste
Once again I give this book 3.5 stars. It is such an interesting take on fallen angels. It is quite dark but still gave me what I wanted. The first book in the series, Raziel, sets up the scene quite nicely for this book takes place 7 years later. (I liked that because it gave Allie time to settle into her role as the source and establish her love and emotional ties with Raziel).

The story begins right away with Rachel who seems to lose her identity every 2 years though for the life of her she do...more
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
I was more impressed with this one than the first book in the series. I am busy catching up after company, so my reading is slow! I could have finished this in a couple days. It was about 400 pages. Unfortunately my reading time slacked off, so it took twice as long! LOL!!

Like many of the other reviews, this book wasn't very good until about 150 pages in or so. For the first 150 pages, they were in the dark world… geez! I lost the name. Anyway, everyone but them lacked color. Rachel does not rem...more
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
Rachel Fitzpatrick has no long term memory, but she knows she’s not your everyday average woman. For one thing, babies have a tendency to die when she’s in the vicinity. Plus, she knows she’s being stalked for some reason. Since the death of his beloved Sarah, Azazel had one goal. Track the evil demon Lilith and kill her. For years he had been on her trail and now he has her. He wasn’t buying her “I don’t remember” story, and it was time to end this.
This book caused me to have to develop a new...more
Ashley Wallace
I loved this one! Once again the female characters are amazing and Azazel I could of throttled to death so many times, what a jerk! She had a horrible curse and it was so sad what all Rachel had to go through but FINALLY he pulled his head out of his ars and figured it out and it was glorious!
Oanh
Hovering on 2.5 ......

I am not sure about this one.....how do you get over the fact that the man you love has knowingly allowed you to be tortured by the enemy? I don't care about the destiny factor...I'm not over it!

For a declararion of love that leaves a lot to be desired!
Amber
Another great book in this series. Love the characters!!!
Too short of a read, I want more! That's the only bad thing I can say about these books.
Cogito_ergo_sum
While I did think that the writing was great, it was very obvious that this author was not a novice writer, I just wasn't that into the story.

The idea behind the story was interesting. It was creative. But I didn't connect well. I didn't feel like rooting for the two main characters. On an intellectual level, the plot kept me interested enough to keep reading, but emotionally, I felt nothing.

What drew me to this series was the oldest trick in the book. Particularly the cover of demon (fallen #2)...more
Cindi
I didn't fall in love with Ms. Douglas' two protaganists in Demon like I did for the first book in the Fallen series. But it was still good and I will def read the next up.
Kim Yu
This book was awesome. I went from hating Azreal in the first book to loving him. This book was sexy and fast paced. This is a series that I recommend and will continue to read.
Marcela
I didn't find this one as good as the first one. It took me a while to get into it and I was disappointed to tell the truth
Mellisa Demille
Really looking forwards towards it....
Anne Stuart Fans: Demon (The Fallen Book #2) (Spoilers) 4 10 Jun 30, 2012 08:46AM
WOW!! 4 31 Aug 08, 2011 04:51PM
  • His Dark Bond (Fallen, #2)
  • Burning Skies (Guardians of Ascension, #2)
  • Devil Without a Cause (The Devil's Bargain, #1)
  • Angel Betrayed (The Fallen, #2)
  • Black Lament (Black Wings, #4)
  • That Old Black Magic (Living In Eden, #3)
  • StarFire (DemonSlayers, #3)
  • Flaming Dove
  • Where Demons Fear to Tread (The Company of Angels, #1)
  • Mark of the Sylph (Demons of Infernum #2)
  • Archangel of Mercy
  • Out in Blue (Return to Sanctuary, #1)
  • Her Fallen Angel (Her Angel, #2)
  • Bedeviled Angel (Works Like Magick, #2)
  • Demon's Fall
Raziel (The Fallen, #1) Warrior (The Fallen, #3) Rebel (The Fallen, #4) Warrior (Fallen (Simon Paperback)) Raziel (Fallen (Pocket Books))

“You have become my own personal demon. You haunt me, tempt me, drive me mad with wanting you, and I can no longer blame prophecies or powers or fate. It's just you. I have chosen you.” 38 likes
“That's part of your curse. To drive men mad with desire and feel no pleasure".

"Great," I muttered. "And all this time I thought I was frigid.”
23 likes