Rotten Ralph Helps Out (My Readers Level 3): My Readers Level 3

Rotten Ralph Helps Out (My Readers Level 3): My Readers Level 3 (Rotten Ralph)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Sarah is excited about her school project on ancient Egypt. She would like Ralph’s help. But Ralph’s idea of helping out is no help at all. According to Sarah, the ancient Egyptians believed cats were wise and had special powers. Can Rotten Ralph prove them right?
Published February 28th 2012 by Square Fish (first published 2001)

Erin Ramai
These books are published by Berryville Graphics and like the HarperCollins Publishers edition of Back to School for Rotten Ralph, the pages are glossy and the text larger. At school, Sarah is learning about Ancient Egypt. Ralph could care less and makes pancakes. Sarah informs him that the Egyptians made the very first pancakes. Then he burps after scarfing them down and Sarah says, "Ralph! Mind your manners! Thanks to the Egyptians, you are not a wild animal." Sarah asks Ralph to help her thin...more
Kaethe
Naughty cats are beloved characters. Ralph is unusually large and human-like, and much worse than others.
Beth
Sarah is eager to share all of her new knowledge about the Egyptians with Ralph. He can thank them for pancakes and being a pet. They spend time together learning more in the library. He tries to build a pyramid out of library books much to the dismay of Sarah and the librarian. It is sealed with an Egyptian handshake that Ralph will be better.
Cheryl in CC NV
Easy Reader entry in the series. Ralph, and the formerly trippy illustrations, are *much* too tame. I'm disappointed. This isn't any zingier than the Ramona Quimby books.
Maddypictures
Rotten Ralph is up to his tricks again, in this book where Sarah learns about Egyptian history. I read a re-issue with an attractive new cover.
Skylar Burris
From this children's book, I myself learned a great many facts about Egypt I did not previously know.
Dani
The story was cute, but I didn't care too much for the illustrations.
Jacob
"I liked it because Rotten Ralph was funny."
Justin
Justin added it
May 12, 2014
Jeremy
Jeremy added it
Apr 29, 2014
Olivia Malik
Olivia Malik marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Maxwell
Maxwell marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Kara
Kara added it
Nov 04, 2013
K
K added it
Sep 23, 2013
Michele Cousens
Michele Cousens marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Jack Gantos is an American author of children's books renowned for his portrayal of fictional Joey Pigza, a boy with ADHD. Gantos has won a number of awards, including the Newbery Honor, the Printz Honor, and the Sibert Honor from the American Library Association, and he has been a finalist for the National Book Award. His newest book, The Love Curse of the Rumbaughs (2006), deals with twins, euge...more
More about Jack Gantos...
Dead End in Norvelt Joey Pigza Swallowed the Key (Joey Pigza, #1) Hole in My Life Joey Pigza Loses Control What Would Joey Do?