Start by marking “Bluebird and Other Tattoos” as Want to Read:
Bluebird and Other Tattoos

Bluebird and Other Tattoos

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  10 reviews
"Luna Miguel is a poet who can make me cry. Her passion for life and for poetry is uncommon. She makes language concise, supple, and exciting again. Recurring images: of birds, disease, spit, and blood, integral to a mortal, embodied poetry that reminds us ‘Death cannot be experienced neither for the living nor the dead but for the sick.’ Luna writes a poem, ‘The Beautiful ...more
Paperback
Published September 10th 2012 by Scrambler Books (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Bluebird and Other Tattoos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bluebird and Other Tattoos

Kevin
I've been a fan of Luna Miguel's work for a few years now, starting when I stumbled across her blog in my senior year of high school. I was craving something contemporary in Spanish, to read and digest and translate during the multiple empty hours of the school day. I still have some printed-out pages from DVDediciones' website, where I'd scrawled some hand-written translations of her poems.

So I was ecstatic to hear about Luna's publication Tenían veinte años y estaban locos, in which she is ed
Matt Lee Sharp
There's a lot of energy in these poems. Some of the imagery is beautiful and crosses languages well. But I was hoping for more than just glimpses of great writing. A lot of the writing felt incomplete. Or like a thought that really didn't deserve to anchor a page of poetry. The collection was edited well, but maybe a half dozen of these poems just needed to be edited out. Too many poems with nothing to say. It almost obscured a lot of really beautiful work.
Hannah
by far the best poetry book i have read in a very long time. luna is such a lovely person, so it makes sense her verse should be as well. luna's words and imagery remind me of some of my favorite writers (fernando pessoa, charles bukowski, bolano) and yet are uniquely her own. i really enjoyed all of the literary quotes, as well as having the original spanish versions side-by-side with the translated verse. a new all-time favorite, most definitely.
Ryan
Sometimes I forget how much I love poetry and then I read a beautiful book of words or a poet with a gorgeous unbreakable soul and that love comes rushing back. This book did that. Luna Miguel did that.
Cristina Goberna
Raw and beautiful. It is able to transform thematic cliches into poignant turns.

Carolina
Cada página es mejor, sobre todo la última colección de poemas y "Human after all".
Kat Dixon
This is loud paper.
Ansh
Sharp, acidic and extremely directed verses which flow in a manner that complements her thoughts -- from fragmented and abrupt to sudden change of tones -- Luna is an accomplished poet at this young age and speaks of faceless women, soulless ladybirds, gardens of junkies and infertile wombs with a maturity and wisdom that goes far beyond her age.

Since I can't read Spanish, I can only look at the left side of the book and wonder what magic I'm missing due to the translation(which is still enjoyab
Andrea Quinlan
This is a gorgeous and visceral book. It feels both of the moment and ancient.
Vicky
sometimes I don't think I'm "ready" for a poem/some poems
Mina
Mina marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Daphne
Daphne marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Haley
Haley marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Honour
Honour marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
S_k_
S_k_ marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Kenza
Kenza marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Lauren Smith
Lauren Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Jordan Hoxsie
Jordan Hoxsie marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Ruth A secas
Ruth A secas marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Mada
Mada marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Jessika
Jessika marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Krnangela
Krnangela marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Brian Pappas
Brian Pappas marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Valentina Lopera
Valentina Lopera marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
  • Fair Copy
  • Pieces of a Song: Selected Poems
  • I'm the Man Who Loves You
  • Meat Heart
Luna Miguel (b. 1990) lives in Barcelona where she works as journalist. She is the author of five poetry collections. She has also published the story Exhumación, written in conjunction with Antonio J. Rodríguez. www.lunamiguel.com
More about Luna Miguel...
La tumba del marinero Poetry is not dead Pensamientos estériles Exhumación Los estómagos