Start by marking “The Musicians of Bremen” as Want to Read:
The Musicians of Bremen

The Musicians of Bremen

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Four animals who are no longer wanted by their masters set out to become musicians in the town of Bremen, but along the way they encounter a den of thieves.
Published January 31st 1974 by Ladybird Books Ltd

To ask other readers questions about The Musicians of Bremen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Musicians of Bremen

I think I actually read this in an English translation of the collections of the Brothers Grimm, or in one of the (color) Fairy Books. What I did NOT read was an illustrated version, so I can't speak to the quality of the illustrations in this edition.

The story of the Bremen Town Musicians is a perennial favorite. The discarded older animals make their own way in the world by cleverness and companionship. One point too many people seem to miss: the Bremen Town Musicians are convinced of their ow
Phil Syphe
This was a childhood favourite of mine. I read this countless times, but sadly remember little of it now.

Despite this, I get a "rosy" feeling whenever I think of it, as it recalls happy boyhood escapism.

Reckon the last time I read this story would be around 1984, thus I've put this in the details below.
Sophie Cox
This odd tale is very odd but entertaining. There seems to be no real point to the book but I'm sure that if I read it again several times I would find a moral or a point to the story.
Petra Be
I remember the story from my early childhood so it was nice to read it. Beautiful illustrations.
This book is good enough, but nothing special. It may be a little violent for really young kids. (Such as talk of drowning the cat because she is old to catch mice, or cooking and eating the cock because he is too old to crow.)

I am pleased we read this book because I think maybe my son has never heard this famous tale before!
the story of finding your place,and being part of a family
Anne S
Anne S added it
Oct 10, 2015
Nn marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Sandra marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Sherry added it
May 25, 2014
Tbkamodia marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014