Start by marking “The Musicians of Bremen” as Want to Read:
The Musicians of Bremen

The Musicians of Bremen

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  40 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Four animals who are no longer wanted by their masters set out to become musicians in the town of Bremen, but along the way they encounter a den of thieves.
Hardcover
Published January 31st 1974 by Ladybird Books Ltd

To ask other readers questions about The Musicians of Bremen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Musicians of Bremen

Valerie
I think I actually read this in an English translation of the collections of the Brothers Grimm, or in one of the (color) Fairy Books. What I did NOT read was an illustrated version, so I can't speak to the quality of the illustrations in this edition.

The story of the Bremen Town Musicians is a perennial favorite. The discarded older animals make their own way in the world by cleverness and companionship. One point too many people seem to miss: the Bremen Town Musicians are convinced of their ow
Phil Syphe
Feb 09, 2015 Phil Syphe rated it it was amazing
This was a childhood favourite of mine. I read this countless times, but sadly remember little of it now.

Despite this, I get a "rosy" feeling whenever I think of it, as it recalls happy boyhood escapism.

Reckon the last time I read this story would be around 1984, thus I've put this in the details below.
Jono
May 24, 2016 Jono rated it liked it
A group of farmyard animals, previously destined for death, form a boyband and stumble across feasting robbers (whose crimes they foil by attacking the weakest of the group with a cock to the head).
Sophie Cox
Dec 10, 2014 Sophie Cox rated it liked it
This odd tale is very odd but entertaining. There seems to be no real point to the book but I'm sure that if I read it again several times I would find a moral or a point to the story.
Petra Be
Dec 01, 2014 Petra Be rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I remember the story from my early childhood so it was nice to read it. Beautiful illustrations.
ABC
This book is good enough, but nothing special. It may be a little violent for really young kids. (Such as talk of drowning the cat because she is old to catch mice, or cooking and eating the cock because he is too old to crow.)

I am pleased we read this book because I think maybe my son has never heard this famous tale before!
Theresa
Aug 01, 2012 Theresa rated it liked it
the story of finding your place,and being part of a family
Mai Hesham
Mai Hesham rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2016
Eliza
Eliza marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Richard Larkman
Richard Larkman rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2016
Ayesha
Ayesha rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
MR MICHAEL FLETCHER
MR MICHAEL FLETCHER rated it it was ok
May 09, 2016
Dianlisa Ekaputri
Dianlisa Ekaputri marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Jessica Hilton
Jessica Hilton marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Esther
Esther rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Sharon
Sharon added it
Jan 24, 2016
Katy Larkman
Katy Larkman rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Sinho Nam
Sinho Nam rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2015
Rebeca S.
Rebeca S. rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2015