Start by marking “Sodom and Detroit (Virtual Seduction, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sodom and Detroit (Virtual Seduction, #1)

Sodom and Detroit (Virtual Seduction #1)

Workaholic, Maeve Burgundy, avoids any relationship where she might fall in love. She's forced by her best friend to take a vacation she won to the exotic Sodom Resort. They specialize in turning any erotic fantasy into reality-Virtual Reality. What Maeve doesn't know is that Angel, the owner of the Resort and her old college boyfriend, has rigged the contest in an effort ...more
Published July 19th 2011 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Sodom and Detroit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sodom and Detroit

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This is my first story from Ms. Mayburn. It's a great start! All I could think of was, I live in the Detroit area. Where the HELL is this place??? I wanna go!!! My official review has to be approved by TRR first. Until then, all I can say is ... GO BUY THIS BOOK! READ IT! It's tasty.

UPDATE - Review up now
My official review on The Romance Reviews.

Enter into any fantasy you chose. Do you want to be an astronaut? How about a pirate? Or, is your dirty little fantasy to be a harem girl trying to ca
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
If I have to pick a book with drippy vagainas...I definitely need to have 2 d*cks that play with each other! lol

The idea of this story was pretty good. A virtual reality resort...you get to enjoy in what ever fantasy you may have. Pretty Cool.

The Men (Luke & Angel) were definitely drool-worthy...sexy, confidant, in charge, all things I like in my men! Can they convince Maeve that she will be the perfect woman to make up their ménage à trois.

Christy Duke
Who wouldn't jump at the opportunity of an all expenses paid trip to the hottest virtual reality resort to spend a week having your every fantasy come to life? DUH. I'm so there. But, Maeve gets a lot more than what she bargained for. Oh, she gets the fantasy, oh boy, does she, but she also gets an opportunity to have the love she so desperately needs.

Maeve is the stereotypical single, female, with a high powered job in New York. She is the director of acquisitions for a company and works way to
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

If you could build your perfect virtual lover, what would he or she look like? My man would be tall, dark haired, well built in ALL ways. If you could fulfill your wildest fantasies, what would they be? Head to Detroit and find out!

Detroit has become the virtual reality capital of the world. Boasting nineteen resorts for every taste and desire, it is now the place to go for adventurous people worldwide. Maeve is on her way to Sodom,
~*~Brooke's Stripped Down Reviews~*~
Hot hot hot. Living so close to Detroit myself, I have a sudden urge to go downtown. *sigh*...if only a place like this existed.
Bookaholics
Apr 03, 2012 Bookaholics rated it it was amazing
Sodom and the Phoenix by Ann Mayburn
Paranormal Romance –Jan. 30th, 2012
5 stars

Sodom and the Phoenix is the second (following Sodom and Detroit) in the author’s captivating Virtual Seduction series for Loose ID.

Ann Mayburn takes on the story of OB nurse Tanwen Evans and Bryan Hamilton, the Dom she falls hard for. Tanwen is just getting out of a 20-year marriage and her fragile self-confidence is at an all-time low when she decides to vacation at Sodom, the largest virtual-reality vacation resort
Heather in FL
This was a nice, medium-length smexy story. I wouldn't mind a vacation like that... virtual reality sex resort. I understand why Angel/Rafe had to lie to Maeve, and I understand why she was so pissed off about it, but I wonder what might have happened if he'd just been honest with her. If he went to her hometown, tracked her down, made her have dinner with him (and Luke) -- he *can* be quite persuasive! Granted, it might not have been such an interesting story, but the lies wouldn't be between t ...more
Katherine O'Grady
Oct 13, 2014 Katherine O'Grady rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2014
I’ll be honest, I bought this one for the title. It amused me. Strange premise - Detroit has become the top destination for VR vacations. Which is the flimsy premise to get the heroine and two heroes together. Lots of sex scenes, pretty good ones. Overall? Ok.

Bought from kobo.
T.
Aug 04, 2013 T. rated it really liked it
Sodom in Detroit was not as bad as I worried it might be, based on such an atrocious title, but except for secondary characters, it was a fairly bland read. The blurb caught my attention because of I liked the idea of the Virtual reality club, but it fell a bit flat and I never really got all that caught up in the characters, possibly because it was just a short story? Not sure, it just seemed a little underdeveloped. I liked that the two men were in a committed relationship, but I was never rea ...more
Cynthia
Dec 24, 2014 Cynthia rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, menage
This was a good book about past loves finding each other again. The journey is a little bumpy but I loved the virtual reality concept. The only flaw is that the characters good be a bit more developed and the ending seems rushed and abrupt.
Nickcole
Feb 06, 2013 Nickcole rated it really liked it
Stars: 4

Overall: I want this place to be real, WTF!! This was such a fun and exciting read. Each fantasy got more and more thrilling. The characters also emotions, wants and needs felt very real, which i really enjoyed. My only compliant is i wish we got to read more about them because i feel like they would have such a hot and lusty relationship with so many possibilities.

Characters: Owners Angel (Rafe) , Luke & Workaholic and Heartbroken Maeve

Page Turner: You'll be frantically turning the
Sheri
Apr 11, 2013 Sheri rated it it was amazing
I seriously need a giant glass of ice water after reading this uber hot and erotic story. I want a Virtual Reality resort so I could have just a fraction of the fun that Maeve did. Seriously, she's one lucky lady

Angel and Luke are hot bisexual men who love each other and want to worship Maeve, and man do they! The whole premise was well thought out and well written, and Ms. Mayburn can write some seriously smexy sex!

If you want hot sex, a believable back story that let's fantasy run wild, then y
Yogi
Nov 21, 2011 Yogi rated it really liked it
Sodom and Detroit is spectacular! I loved the virtual reality aspect of the book. Maeve's lingerie obsession is funny due to her controlling nature and sexy at the same time! Rafe and Luke have sexabilities! All three had amazing chemistry. The scenerios set up in the virtual reality are some of most womens fantasize about.

I hope this turns into a series. I would like to see some of the supporting characters have some fun. Come on, It's virtual reality and anything can happen.
Dee Wy
4.5 Stars for really hot love scenes (including one f/f scene that normally would be "meh" for me, but was hot in this setting), a creative plot that includes a virtual reality world, and three characters who each in their own way were super sexy. Yes, I balked a little at Mave's anger when she found out her one of her virtual reality partners were, it was predictable as a plot device, but that was just a little blip in my enjoyment of this great story. Loved it!
The VR aspect and the imagination of bring it into the story pushed this to a 4-star book. It’s a cute story but the smut factor overshadows the story portion... not that it’s a bad thing. Just didn't feel like I really knew that chars as much as I'd like. Even in the end Luke still felt so much like a stranger. Still, a good hot read.
Preethi (The Lone Reader)
The only reason I read this was 'cause it was short and I could add another book to my bookshelf. Unfortunately for me, I still hate ménage and same gender sex, so I didn't really enjoy this book. I skimmed through most of it (since the content isn't exactly 15-yr old appropriate) but the romance part was sweet, if very short.
Kelly
Jul 16, 2015 Kelly rated it it was amazing
This book makes me long for virtual reality technology to boom, like now!! Could you imagine? Any fantasy. All of the pleasure, none of the consequences. This book was filled with wild, sensual pleasure from beginning to end. I will definitely be reading this again.
C.J.
Jan 18, 2013 C.J. rated it liked it
Good story and plot ideas but it ended very abruptly. Would have been nice to have a bit of a conclusion to the relationship and more emotion when things came together in the end.
Kellee
Sep 07, 2013 Kellee rated it really liked it
Sexy quick read. Oh, if only such a placed existed! Loved the idea of fulfilling fantasies. Yummy!
Marie Sales
Marie Sales marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Naomi
Naomi rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2016
☮ Syrina ☮ RWBR
☮ Syrina ☮ RWBR rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Nicole Giles
Nicole Giles marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Suzie3395
Suzie3395 rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2016
Stefanie
Stefanie marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
  • Daniel's Surrender (Worthington Group, #3)
  • Asylum (Sanctuary, #2)
  • A Club Esoteria Christmas (Club Esoteria, #7)
  • Genetic Attraction (Genetic Attraction, #2)
  • Three to Tango
  • Sweet Redemption (Tygers, #5)
  • Ragged Edge (Body Masters, #1)
  • Grace's Final Submission (Locks & Chains, #1)
  • Light Switch
  • Time to Pretend (Awakenings, #4)
  • Moving On (Bondage Ranch, #3)
  • Restraining the Receptionist (The Receptionist, #2)
  • Keeper of the Light (Wicked River, #1)
  • The Assassins' Lover (Tale of the Demon World, #7)
  • SoloPlay (Come Again, #2)
  • Lovely Wicked
  • Bound and Determined
  • Tuck & Cover (Rough Rangers, #2)
Ann is Queen of the Castle to her wonderful husband and three sons in the mountains of West Virginia. In her past lives she's been an Import Broker, a Communications Specialist, a US Navy Civilian Contractor, a Bartender/Waitress, and an actor at the Michigan Renaissance Festival. She also spent a summer touring with the Grateful Dead(though she will deny to her children that it ever happened).

Fro
More about Ann Mayburn...

Virtual Seduction (2 books)
  • Sodom and the Phoenix (Virtual Seduction, #2)