Where You Are (Between the Lines, #2)

Where You Are (Between the Lines #2)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  15,335 ratings  ·  751 reviews
Graham Douglas doesn’t do romantic relationships, but he was knocked for a loop when he met Emma Pierce on the set of his last film. As they grew closer, he did everything in his power to keep from falling for a girl being pursued by superstar Reid Alexander. Now home in New York, his life is once again under control, until Emma appears and shows him how not over her he is...more
Published October 20th 2011 (first published October 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Where You Are, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where You Are

Thoughtless by S.C. StephensBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireLove Unscripted by Tina ReberEffortless by S.C. StephensWhere She Went by Gayle Forman
I'm a Celebrity. Love me!
13th out of 468 books — 1,449 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberThoughtless by S.C. StephensSlammed by Colleen HooverEffortless by S.C. Stephens
New Adult/Post HS books
35th out of 613 books — 1,704 voters

More lists with this book...

Tammara
Nov 05, 2011 Tammara marked it as my-books  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm the author of this YA-M/New Adult novel, the second book in the Between the Lines series.
Abbi Glines
I fell in love with Graham in Between the Lines. He was hard not to love. I even liked the "bad boy" image of Reid even though he was so not right for Emma. She wasn't "the one" to make the "bad boy" come to heel. Where You Are wraps up the story between the Emma, Graham, Reid and Brooke. From the sneak peek you get of the next one in this series it looks like Reid is going to meet his match.
There is emotional drama that has you ready to pull Brooke's blond hair out of her head and cry out in f...more
Fred
Aug 09, 2012 Fred rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Sarah Dessen, Lauren Barnholdt and Jennifer Echols
School Pride has wrapped up, nothing left for the cast to do but some promotional events and interviews, and of course, the premiere. So Emma Pierce, soon to be star, has been back home, trying her hardest to live that "normal" life that seems so appealing and yet elusive. At the urging of her bff Emily, she's even dating a regular boy, albeit somewhat unenthusiastically, and trying to put the emotional uproar of the past few months behind her. And then she meets Graham Douglas again ...

This se...more
Laura YA indie princess
Even better than between the lines. I love emma and graham. Brooke made me so mad in this book what a bitch. I can't wait to read book 3 from Reids POV.
Amy (Foxy)
I'll begin by stating that I enjoyed this book more than the first one. If you haven't read book one than you might not want to read this review.

The story picks up right where book one left off. Instead of two POVs like in the first one this book has four POVs intertwined throughout it.

I personally hate love triangles and this book takes it one step more by creating a love square.

description

Emma and Graham have a chance meeting in NYC after their filming was done. They decide to rekindle their relationsh...more
Karla
EXCELLENT!! Loved it!! Managing to write first person POV is not always easy. From 2 different POV’s harder still, but Tammara Webber managed quite nicely in Between the Lines. In this book we have 4 different POV’s and she pulled it off again…very impressive!! It might seem that it would be hard to keep track, but the story transitioned smoothly from one person to the next.

This time around we have Reid, Emma, Graham, and Brooke’s point of views. This is a book about manipulation, on the part of...more
Zemira Warner
Jul 18, 2011 Zemira Warner marked it as indie-to-read
Shelves: indie, contemporary
Only a couple months more!
Say
Well, I waited for this to come out….really waited for it. And alas, I was a little bit disappointed after reading it. Don’t get me wrong, I truly loved the first book…really really loved it. And I was really happy knowing that a second book would be out with Graham and Emma’s story (at last). So, here are the reasons why I didn’t find it phenomenal as the first one:

1. There were a lot of POVs going on, Graham/Emma/Reid/Brooke. But I guess the author has to do it since the story revolves around...more
Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog
I pretty much read this story straight through without putting it down. I fell in love with Emma, Graham and Reid in the previous book all for different reasons. Emma is so adorable and sweet I want to put her in my pocket. Reid is just a yummy bad boy and Graham well I've got to say he is the reason I couldn't put this book down, he was such a refreshing change to the usual male character and he had me... *sigh*!! As for Brooke, I get it, she may not have had it easy but what a bitch(sorry lol)...more
Rani
A sequel?? Goddammit... I WANT IT. NOW. XD
when is October??? fast forward pleasseeeeeeee....
Lisa (Lost in Literature)
Audiobook Review:

I continue to be amazed with how much I love Tammara Webber’s writing style. From Easy to this Between the Lines series, she’s continued to impress me.

For no particular reason I decided to start Between the Lines in audio format. After loving it so much, Tammara offered to send me audio copies of the next two books, and I was beyond excited! My blogging was put on hold for a few months earlier this year due to illness, so once I got back into audiobooks I jumped on this one. I h...more
Andreea Pop
I'm still recovering over the happy end :) I liked this book more than the first one. Tammara Webber managed to create a realistic (as much as I'd love to deny there aren't persons like Brooke or similar situations) world.

I hate and despise Brooke. All her plotting was unbereable and just... bad. Pure evil from my POV. That girl's got some serious issues. I get it, I trully do -- she had to endure some hard stuff herself, but that doesn't excuse her selfish way of stealing someone else's happin...more
Jenn
Let me just start by saying, I adore Tammara Webber's writing. I love how she can go from something completely heartbreaking and angst filled with Easy, and then turn around and give us sweet and happy and fluff. The Between the Lines series is just that, pure fluff and I love it.

In the first book we are introduced to the main players: Reid, Emma, Graham, and Brooke. All four come together while filming a movie. Reid is Hollywoods It boy, Emma is the newcomer, Graham is the indie actor, and Bro...more
Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream

Friday night 10:30 pm
My game plan for tonight:
Read a few* chapters from Where You Are by Tammara Webber and then go to sleep.
*My definition of a few chapters is a number less than five.

Saturday morning 2:30 am (I haven’t been to sleep yet.)
My revised game plan:
I am going to quickly jot down my main thoughts on Where You Are, and then I am going to hit the sack.

Hello 2:30 am! I am in serious need of sleep, but this...more
Mandy (I read Indie) Anderson
Book opens up to Graham's POV? Um, yes please! Do you know how refreshing it was to open the book to find my guy Graham? So very refreshing. And to get a little deeper into that head of his was even more so. Oh how I love this guy. With this book we get so much more of him and it is why it is so far my favorite of the series.

I was definitely not happy to see Reid make a reappearance or Brooke for that matter. Lord help me those two are made for each other and need to leave Emma and Graham alone...more
Stacia (out of inspiration)
Even better than book 1. :)

Some books get a high rating for the story (the story was okay but it's not going to be winning any literary awards, heh). Some books get a high rating for an emotion that it evoked in me. This story did me in because of one character - Graham. He just made it to my list of favorite book guys of all time. He is the anti-alpha and admits it fully. Don't get me wrong - I love me a good alpha, but after realizing some months ago that YA fiction was being overrun with drop...more
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

Excellent writing!!!
I loved this book and love the way that Graham is such a sweet heart. When he loves he loves with all of himself. Emma did herself right by not sleeping with anyone till she was in love.

I'm so glad that Reid didn't end up,with Emma in this book because once he got her I'm sure he wouldn't be interested anymore. He would feel like he won the conquest.
What I am glad is that Reid is actually a good guy who actually cares for Emma in this book.
You can almost see how he changes...more
Carrie
LOVED this book even more than the first...except I will say that the story line was stressful, to say the least. But the struggles that the main characters faced didn't seemed forced. I don't enjoy angst for the sake of angst. It has to be justified.

The love story that we get out of this one is soooo incredibly good. The main characters are 2 of the most likeable characters I've read! For all of the drama going on around them, they still try to openly communicate with each other and not play s...more
Kara
I'm on the minority on this I'm sure - but I enjoyed book 1 more.

This book was a continuation of a series & couldn't stand alone. I guess I didn't like that I felt this book didn't have its own ending....regardless if its a series.
Dani Wisniewska
Aug 17, 2011 Dani Wisniewska marked it as to-read
Shelves: october-2011
The love triangle turned into a love... rhombus...? xD
I finished the first book last night and i seriously cannot wait for the sequel!!!!
Molly Ringle
This series is so much fun! It's like what 'People' magazine would be like if 'People' were actually well written and bestowed some deep insights and sympathy for their subjects.

Did I believe Brooke's (and Reid's, but mostly Brooke's) nasty sleazy schemes would succeed at wedging apart Emma and Graham? Nah, not really--they're too solid a couple, even with the jolts given to them by long distance and avid paparazzi. So in truth, I'm grateful that the characters ended up behaving as they did. Ma...more
Elaine
I would rate this as 5 stars in a heartbeat IF it were based solely on Graham and Emma's relationship, but unfortunately, no romance novel can actually become a novel if not for conflicts. And very unfortunately, the conflicts in this book took upon the form of Brooke and Reid's alternating POVs.

While I can appreciate that it is necessary for this book, it is awfully cliched and despite me trying my very best to sympathize with both antagonists (especially Reid), I just couldn't do so; and that...more
~Tina~
In a way Where You Are was better then the first book, but there were a few moments where I wished all the misunderstanding would just stop already. I forgot how much fun angst can be, and Webber really knows how to play up this angle quite well, but my nevers really took a beating with this book. But in a good way.

The best thing about this book? Emma and Graham. Seriously, those two are plaster-a-stupid-grin-on-my-face-adorable and sweet and totally gush worthy. Loved loved loved them!!

What I t...more
Ines Diaz
Graham Douglas doesn't do romantic relationships, but he was knocked for a loop when he met Emma Pierce on the set of his last film. As they grew closer, he did everything in his power to keep from falling for a girl being pursued by superstar Reid Alexander. Now home in New York, his life is once again under control, until Emma appears and shows him how not over her he is.

Emma Pierce is forsaking an up-and-coming Hollywood career to embark on a life she's only dreamed of--the life of a regular...more
Lisa
To put it simply I loved 'Where You Are'. I completely enjoyed Ms. Webber's first book 'Between the Lines' and I was very happy when I found out she was writing a sequel to it because I really wanted to see where she was going to take her characters. Sometimes with sequels they don't hit the same high as the first book, but that is not the case with 'Where You Are', if anything it is better than the first book was. The story is told through 4 points of view- castmates Emma and Reid (the 2 POVs t...more
Juhina
The book centers around four characters, Emma, Graham, Reid, and Brooke. Graham and Emma finally got together at the end of the last book, but now they have to do it long distance. Emma in California while Graham in New York. This is where insecurities set in and the need for trusting each other should kick in. Reid is still sour over the rejection from Emma while Brooke will do anything (this is where the scheming part of the book starts) to get Graham to herself.
I loved the moments of Graham...more
Mary
4.5
Awesome! Charming! Irresistible!
I love Where You Are even better than Between the Lines and now I'm craving or the 3rd book.
I'm still mesmerized by Graham, delighted with Emma, and start to fall for Reid's charms. I don't know what I feel about Brooke, annoyed, but her shares are needed here.
Written in all 4 above characters' POV, this book is mainly about Graham and Emma's love story.
Deeply content by each other, both of them have to keep it on low profile due to their latest film product...more
carole
Every bit as great as the first book, and then some.

A few months ago I went on vacation. Before I left I purchased a few kindle books to read along my journey. One of the books I purchased was Between the Lines by Tammara Webber. I was just looking for a fun, fast, and easy going read nothing spectacular. But, what I got was one of my favorite books and thankfully, the start to an incredible series. Read my review of Between the Lines.

Thanks to the wonderful author, I am continuing my journey w...more
Ida
One word:

GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM! GRAHAM!

Okay that's many repeating words but seriously, I wanna fill this review with just his name instead of expl...more
Britt

So basically everything I didn't like in Between the Lines is redemmed in this book.

We finally get to see Graham's POV and this only made me love him even more than I did in the first book. Graham is the complete opposite of an alpha male, he is a breath of fresh air and a welcome relief from the jealous, spiteful alphas that are found in many books. Don't get me wrong, every girl likes herself an alpha, but I think I'd choose Graham over say Christian Grey or Gideon Cross anyday. Not...more
Kindle Lending (T...: looking for Where Are You by Tammara Webber 2 14 Jan 02, 2014 06:08PM
  • Measuring Up
  • Slow Twitch (Brenna Blixen, #3)
  • While It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #3)
  • That Wedding (That Boy, #2)
  • Snapshot (The Jamieson Collection, #2)
  • Vicious Circles (Wrong Reasons, #2)
  • The Accidental Movie Star
  • Grounding Quinn
  • Romero (The Moreno Brothers, #4)
  • Thomas & January (Sleepless, #2)
  • Moving Neutral (Moving Neutral, #1)
  • Sophie & Carter
  • Fusion (The Patrick Chronicles, #2)
Author of Breakable, Easy, and the Between the Lines series.

I'm a former undergraduate academic advisor, married to my high school sweetheart, mother to three adult children and four very immature cats.

Please check my blog for book updates. If you have questions, I have an FAQ tab there, with a public email address listed for anything not covered. :)
More about Tammara Webber...
Easy (Contours of the Heart, #1) Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1) Good For You (Between the Lines, #3) Breakable (Contours of the Heart, #2) Here Without You (Between the Lines, #4)

“When you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.” 205 likes
“Something about first love defies duplication. Before it, your heart is blank. Unwritten. After, the walls are left inscribed and graffitied. When it ends, no amount of scrubbing will purge the scrawled oaths and sketched images, but sooner or later, you find that there’s space for someone else, between the words and in the margins.” 178 likes