Start by marking “The Exterminators, Vol. 3: Lies of Our Fathers” as Want to Read:
The Exterminators, Vol. 3: Lies of Our Fathers

The Exterminators, Vol. 3: Lies of Our Fathers (The Exterminators #3)

In this volume collecting issues #11-16, the Bug-Bee-Gone boys bury one of their own while another member of the team remains missing, but the business of bug-killing must go on.
Published October 3rd 2007 by Vertigo

To ask other readers questions about The Exterminators, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Exterminators, Vol. 3

J.G. Keely
Aug 31, 2010 J.G. Keely rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, horror, reviewed
The series still isn't living up to the promise of the first five issues, but it's not bad, either. I still like Moore's art, though he's replaced by John Lucas on a few issues here, and while John isn't bad, he does do a lot of weird face-lines, though not as bad as Liefeld. Hawthorne also takes over penciling duties a few times, and while he's competent, I miss Moore.

Oliver keeps trying to make the series more absurd, but it doesn't feel that original. He's brought in evil rapist neo-nazis, ju
Ming Siu
Apr 13, 2015 Ming Siu rated it it was ok
Disclaimer: never read any previous volume. Wasn't really intriguing enough to keep me engaged. Plus, bad punctuation really killed it for me.
Travis
Oct 09, 2007 Travis rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphicnovels
Vol. 3 is a wonderful addition to this series. It maybe my favorite, so far, but without the first two volumes that wouldn't be possible. This volume is all about the characters past, how their past can show up in their present, and what they will do to protect their future. Oliver's writing is deep with multiple layers. Like a great magician he will direct your attention one way and then completely amaze you. This book is nicely wrapped up on the last page and left me wanting more. I can't wait ...more
Cindy
Sep 23, 2011 Cindy rated it really liked it
I had no idea when I bought this (at liquidation prices) that it was book three - I just noticed the wonderfully creepy roaches on the cover, and decided I'd risk my buck and a quarter (again, liquidation . . .) and now, I am hooked. I want to know where these characters have come from, and where they are going. I'm going to have to scour my local comic and half price bookstores, and hope I can find books 1, 2, 4 and 5

Got books one and two then re-read this one 2/18/2012
TJ Shelby
Jul 24, 2010 TJ Shelby rated it liked it
Shelves: dc
The continuing adventures of the Bug-Bee-Gone crew. This volume hinted at an origins reveal session. Saloth has connections to the Khmer Rouge killing fields. Mrs. Perez recounts childhood fears. Most revealing, though, is Henry's connection to Cleo Crone, the San Fernando Fuhrer. We learn more about his time in prison and now it's coming back to rue. Add in some further disgustingly brilliant art work and this was another enjoyable read.
Christopher
Sep 21, 2010 Christopher rated it liked it
I think I would have liked it more if it weren't for John Logan's artwork, which is kind of terrible. It's almost like sub-Michael Turner/J. Scott Campbell stuff, and really ruined the experience of reading the book, especially when compared to Tony Moore's superior pencils. On the other hand, the story in this one did feel a bit unfocused, and was a bit of a step down from the first two volumes. Overall, though, I'm still intrigued enough to keep reading until the end.
Donald
Feb 21, 2011 Donald rated it really liked it
The story continues to move along at a nice clip, though it is getting weirder by the page. The whole mythos behind the bugs/uprising is really developing well and I am looking forward to where the author takes this.
Reetta Saine
comics,horror
Corto Maltese
Apr 18, 2015 Corto Maltese rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
This Volume gets extra points for the greatest dating-scene in comic history. Hands down! :)
Snow
Nov 14, 2008 Snow rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-comics
read for fun
Hannes Salin
Hannes Salin rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2013
Brandon
Brandon rated it liked it
May 14, 2012
Nathan Carlos
Nathan Carlos rated it really liked it
May 14, 2014
Daniel Burton-Rose
Daniel Burton-Rose rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2011
David Walsh
David Walsh rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2013
Stumpy
Stumpy rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2010
Jeremy Hunter
Jeremy Hunter rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2015
Oliver
Oliver rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2011
Gunnar Bangsmoen
Gunnar Bangsmoen rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2016
Tinna
Tinna rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2011
Alessandro Bozzi
Alessandro Bozzi rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2014
Ryans_Comics
Ryans_Comics rated it did not like it
Feb 27, 2009
Alessandro Bozzi
Alessandro Bozzi rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2015
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2012
Sloth Robinson
Sloth Robinson rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2015
Michael Castaldo
Michael Castaldo rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2013
Red Leader
Red Leader rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2008
  • Incorruptible, Vol. 7
  • Rex Mundi, Vol. 2: The River Underground
  • The Other Side
  • The Goon, Volume 6: Chinatown and The Mystery of Mr. Wicker

The Exterminators (5 books)
  • The Exterminators, Vol. 1: Bug Brothers