Dude, Don't Be a Lemuel: A Teenage Guide to Avoiding Lemuelitis

Dude, Don't Be a Lemuel: A Teenage Guide to Avoiding Lemuelitis

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Dude! Experience the journey of Nephi s family from an entirely new perspective from Lemuel, Nephi s older brother. Avoid the dreaded disease of Lemuelitis (a most yucky illness!), catch the vision of your eternal potential, and follow Nephi s example on your own personal journey in life. Humorously told and filled with illustrations, tips, and insights, this book is sure...more
Published August 8th 2011 by Cedar Fort, Inc.

Carol
My son (14) was laughing out loud reading this book. I had to read it after he was done. This was a great book. It took examples from the Book of Mormon and applied those examples to our lives. My son has loaned this book to two friends to read!
Trent
I bought the book for my teenager sons, but decided to read it myself first. Loved it!
Taking a story we're very familiar with and seeing it from a different perspective. Then breaking it down into challenges we face all the time that help reflect on where we stand with our own testimony and attitude. With 8 chapters it's not overwhelming and good and digestible for youth (and adults). And I've found that I need to route out some Lemuelitis myself.
I'll definitely use it for reference and will r...more
Shauna
This is one of the BEST YA Inspirational books I have ever read!

Amazing thoughts!
Fantastic pictures!
True-life challenges!

This book brings the scriptures alive and makes it very easy to understand them; and how to "liken" them to our day and time.

Read this book if you are a teenager!
Read this book if you are slightly older than a teenager!
Read this book if you are a lot older than a teenager!
Read this book just for the laughter!
Read this book if you want to change your life!

Kirsten
Aug 04, 2011 Kirsten marked it as to-read
I'm excited to read this one.... I REALLY like David Bowman's "Who's Your Hero" scripture story series (Thomas does too!)... plus... any help I can get to NOT be like Lemuel from the Book of Mormon is priceless! : )
Stella
I liked this book a lot. It left me laughing my head off, while also being spiritually uplifting. Its just good.
Myndi
Myndi marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Tina Creech
Tina Creech marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Layton
Layton marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2013
Wendy Mayo
Wendy Mayo marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013
Myca Lamoglia rn
Myca Lamoglia rn marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2013
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 20, 2013
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2013
Darby
Darby marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2013
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2013
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Roseanne Wilkins
Roseanne Wilkins marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2012
David Bowman
Oct 15, 2012 David Bowman rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2012
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2012
Inspired Kathy
Inspired Kathy marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2013
Sandy Ramon
Sandy Ramon marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »

As a Christian and as a patriot, David Bowman glorifies his Savior and his nation through his fine art, his
books, and his motivational speaking.

His "Expressions of Christ" series is unlike any other Fine art depictions of Jesus available. His intimate,
up-close portrayals show Jesus in a variety of "real emotional expressions". Whether it is a tender,
compassionate embrace (Security) or playful laug...more
More about David Bowman...
Who's Your Hero?: Book of Mormon Stories Applied to Children Who's Your Hero? Vol. 2: Book of Mormon Stories Applied to Children Who's Your Hero? Vol. 4: Book of Mormon Stories Applied to Children What Would the Founding Fathers Think: A Young American's Guide to Understanding the Mess Our Country is in and How We Get Out The Great Plan of Happiness [With Poster]