Start by marking “Mr Memory” as Want to Read:
Mr Memory

Mr Memory

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  2 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Dave’s mind is thick with fog but something is holding the doors shut tight. What’s more he's blind, trapped in hospital, tortured to distraction by a beautiful nurse and accompanied by Lenny a quite stinky tramp come wizard of dubious origins. What more could a man want? Who can help him escape all three and will he really like the answers once his mind returns to normal? ...more
Kindle Edition, 1, 236 pages
Published June 23rd 2011 by Self Published

To ask other readers questions about Mr Memory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr Memory

Gabby-Lily Raines
(2.5 / 5)

Reading the blurb, the book sounded interesting and I was fortunate enough to receive a review copy from Mr. Rhodes.

Whether or not the majority of the book lives up to the blurb, I do not know as I was only able to get through about 11% or so of the book due to issues I had with it.

The primary issue I had with the book is proofreading. While some of it may account for grammar differences between British English and American English (and I do take into account spelling differences), it d
Debbie McGowan
Nov 24, 2014 Debbie McGowan added it
Shelves: nyf
No rating, as I'm marking this 'nyf'. I don't give up on books, but it's been 8 months since I last read any of this, and I'm at 53%. So I'm marking it 'not yet finished'.

The story is great and the characters are interesting overall. It has all of the elements of sci-fi/fantasy humour, but...too many characters, too much introspection, too long getting from A to B.

What I think it needs is time with a beta-reading editor familiar with the genre, who can work with the author to strip this back, be
John Rhodes
Apr 10, 2012 John Rhodes rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
My first self published novel and very ambitious - problems with getting the right version up on the Amazon site didn't help and my lack of expertise in the virgin territory of self published e-books but, as with all things you have to start somewhere. I'm happy with the story and one day it may stand the test of time and I will look at a revised version. I will do better and I'm writing new stories though aiming at a younger audiance (that some say matches my self image.
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2012
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2012
Caitlin White
Caitlin White marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2012
Alexsworld
Alexsworld marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2012
Martin
Martin added it
Mar 03, 2012
Robin Hudson
Robin Hudson marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2011
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Kelly H. (Maybedog) marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2011
LoriAnn Kocialski
LoriAnn Kocialski marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2011
Rick F.
Rick F. marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2011
Cassie McCown
Cassie McCown marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2011
Katy
Katy added it
Sep 24, 2011
Hello all, thanks for coming to see me!

I’m a writer: stories, many with a fantastical but humorous nature, some with an adult hue and others written with children in mind. I can touch on the darkly funny or delve into the world of magic and murder.

I also like to express myself via my blog (please visit and say hello): http://johndrhodesauthor.wordpress.com/

I'm currently concentrating on childrens
More about John D. Rhodes...