Start by marking “Between Friends” as Want to Read:
Between Friends

Between Friends (Hot Summer Days)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  176 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Free short story written for the M/M Romance group's "Hot Summer Days" event.

----------
Genres/Tags: Gay M/M / Contemporary / Action
Approx. Word Count: 5,162
ebook, Online Fiction
Published July 18th 2011 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Between Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Between Friends

Nile Princess
Really liked this one but it was a bit confusing. It's supposed to be a friends, turned lovers, story and we're told a few times throughout the story that they're friends....but the friendship never really rings true for me. It reads more like employer/employee. It's even mentioned that the only time David would come to Jake's house is if he had a party and other employees were coming, so how were they friends? Then there's the lack of familiarity with Jake's house. Jake brings him home and says ...more
Audrey
3+ story. Good short story with action of both the sexytimes and non-sexytimes variety. I liked that these characters had a backstory, so their feelings for each other didn't just come out of the blue. A life-threatening situation is the intense catalyst for their revealing and exploring each other's feelings for the other.
Cherie Noel
This hot little number was everything a short read should be. Totally gripping right from the get-go, intense through-out, and ultimately satisfying. Damn. When I finished reading I felt like I'd just finished a good, hard...well, you get the picture. This is exactly why you're a must read author for me, Em.
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Like most of these stories; I wish it were longer

Still a great short story
LutaWolf
Short but Awsome! Usually I'm not the type to tell you what the story is about but since I'm the first one up here I will. The story is about David and Jack. David works and is friends with Jack and wants more. However it's not until a life threatening situation arises that you start to realize that Jack might want more too... I've found me a new author to read. What impressed me is the impact of emotion that was put through such a short story. Yes the story was well written, the plot was good, ...more
CAS
The place was sparse, but that was because of Jake’s nature. He’d explained once that he didn’t bring anything home he didn’t want to keep forever."
Wow! This hit me pretty much like it must have hit David, it just says so much about both moments and how important they are to both men.

I loved this story, it has everything I look for in an amazing read. Definately a favorite for me and I would love to read more about David and Jake.. :)
Thank you for a really incredible read.

Wendy Ann
Wow, intense! The story just grabs you right away and reels you in. I loved the combination of strength and vulnerability in both guys. Sometimes it does take a desperate act or threat to show someone their true path. I'm glad that Jake took the best possible advantage of his second chance. The part where David remembered about Jake that: "he didn’t bring anything home he didn’t want to keep forever" really made an impression with me. Fabulous story - thank you!!!
Trix
It was such an endearing story! And the final punch line was so funny and yet right as an ending to the scene (and beginning of a relationship between the two)..."Hey, what’s a little panic attack between friends?"

The story had just the right amount of adrenaline, witty dialogue and deep feelings to turn this short telling into a lovely Happily Ever After romance.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Sweet story about guys who are friends who both work for the same company. After a harrowing burglar/hostage experience, they take their relationship to the next level. The story moves fast, and I wish it showed more of the guys as friends, but it was a solid 3.5 read for me.
Lila Hunter
A friends to lovers short.
Elin
David, a cop, gets caught in a hostage situation in a convenience store, (view spoiler)
Neyjour
Story Prompt:
These two have been friends for a long time, but nothing more. Now after a near life threatening experience one has just started to feel more than he was execting for the other and is unsure about himself and his feels for his blonde friend. I hope you can tell their story.

[image error]
Blaine
“Hey, what’s a little panic attack between friends?”

I loved how navy training kicked in and how David handled the robbery. Pretty gutsy girl too!
Jake having a reality check and panic and taking charge was good to read.

Hot and intense!
Vio
Awww a tender, sweet story. It was cute and funny and I loved the HEA feel to it, romantic fluff of the good kind.
Major English (Laura)
One of those hot hot summer days freebies. I wish the relationship between the characters was built up a bit more, but not a bad read.
Sadonna
Jul 25, 2011 Sadonna rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: free, mm
Hot short story about two friends who discover they might be more after a harrowing escape from a life-threatening situation.
SueM
Wow! Intense and hot! Thanks for writing this story Em! There's always something sexy about strong men showing vulnerability!
Bernice
Really enjoyed this story! A little intrigue, a lot of desperation and a hot duo! Spectacular! :D
Rachel
A great, intense short story of friends becoming more. Very hot and well written!
Zach Sweets
Love the hostage scene :D great short action story, thank you!
Simsala
3,5 stars.
Nice read,but say goodbye to logic.
Cindi
Britta ★ Nachteule ★
Britta ★ Nachteule ★ marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
  • Sink or Swim
  • Beneath Your Wings
  • Say a Little Prayer
  • Sucker-Punch
All about little ol' me? Hmm. Okay, the normal stuff first. I currently live in the Midwest near Detroit, Michigan with my husband and two sons who are six and three years old. All three keep me on my toes. I work in the automotive industry making sure all the parts inside the car look pretty along with handling all the paperwork that goes along with that (you'd be amazed at how much I have).

Not s
More about Em Woods...
Only Sam Chasing Alex No Distractions (Love is Always Write) Jack's Way Impossible to Resist