Start by marking “Letting Go of Anger: The Eleven Most Common Anger Styles and What to Do about Them: The Eleven Most Common Anger Styles and What to Do about Them” as Want to Read:

A revised and updated edition from best-selling anger management author Ronald Potter-Efron, this book identifies the eleven most common anger patterns and offers step-by-step help for overcoming them.
Published May 27th 2014 by Not Avail (first published July 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Letting Go of Anger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Letting Go of Anger

Morgue Anne
Feb 19, 2013 Morgue Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started reading this because there are a few people in my life that I care for deeply but have tempers, and I am not good with handling people around me being angry. I thought that if I understood anger on a deeper level then I would be better equipped to respond to it in others. I got this, but also realized that I know at least one person who practices each anger style, including myself. There was even a section about resentful anger that I realized was me several years ago. I think everyone ...more
Tory
Dec 17, 2010 Tory rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this awhile ago, but I remember this being a very easy breakdown of anger types and what to do about them. The author does note in every chapter the positive side to these anger styles and argues that anger does have a place and an appropriate manner of being expressed, in which he gives examples and advice on how to do so. It was helpful to read.
Connie  Kuntz
Jun 30, 2013 Connie Kuntz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't shy away from my emotions. I like them. I like happiness. I like sorrow. I like nostalgia. I like regret. I like restlessness. I like hope. I like fear. I like ecstasy. I like frustration. I like 'em all. But for purposes of this review, I'll stick to the topic of anger.

I expected this book would shed insight into the topic of anger and the different anger styles. It did and I'm grateful. What I didn't expect is that this book would be so funny, so progressive, and so modern. It is and (
Amy
Aug 26, 2008 Amy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who want to learn about anger
Okay, so the beginning of the book gives like 8 or 12 or whatever different descriptions of anger types. you are supposed to take a "quiz" to find out which category you fall in. I fell in like 5 categories so i had to read the entire book. It was incredibly accurate about different types of anger styles and that was interesting to read. Does it help me control my anger? No. That isn't really the book's fault though.
Vince
Feb 25, 2012 Vince rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Readers will find Letting Go of Anger is a practical text to work through and digest. The husband and wife author-team guide readers to inventory personal anger styles. From there, sections of the book help to identify causes, risks, and first-steps toward mitigation.

I feel the brief, readable case-studies mentioned throughout the text help to illustrate the taxonomy of anger, proposed by the authors. The title may promise a bit more than any book can deliver. But, I found the text handy and en
Christian Brown
Jun 28, 2007 Christian Brown rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: miscellaneous
I got this book on the advice of one of my many shrinks. It's a really good book that describes the different "anger styles" that are out there that one might be trying to deal with and then offers you tips and techniques for dealing with those styles. I'm not really into "self-help" books, but this really is quite useful and informative for anyone who is looking to understand themselves a bit better.
Suzanne
Whew! I don't know if I'm supposed to match all eleventy anger styles but I do!! Yikes!

I told my supervisor I was turning over a new leaf; no more tantrums; she asked if I was going to be dead....

Guess I do need to work on this. :#
Jocelyn Paige
A practical and insightful book about anger styles. Each anger style is broken down with some advice on how to better manage that style, but it's strength is in explaining and detailing the negative impacts on a person when they don't manage their anger style(s).
Stacy Simpson
Oct 10, 2016 Stacy Simpson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very good book about how to manage and discover what anger type you have. I found out a lot of things that I'm going to work and personally and I think it is a good tool to help others that think they might have problems as well.
Deirdre
Nov 20, 2008 Deirdre rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fromlibrary
Quite an interesting look at anger and how it works both for and against people. Gave me a lot of things to think about and work with. A good point to start for people on looking at the ways they deal with their anger and how anger has it's uses.
Christian
This book provides an interesting and to the point description of different anger styles. Although accurate, I found it to be too brief and lacking depth. I would regard it more as a teaser for the field of anger psychology.
Christine
My therapist recommended this book to me. I identify with a lot of the different anger styles outlined. This book is easy to read and fast to get through, and has been a big help to me.
Asia Maiden
excellent and helpful!
Dawn Johnson
Jun 14, 2013 Dawn Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: educational
Read this book for my anger class and found it very eye opening and helpful.
Marlene
Mar 15, 2012 Marlene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Sheer brilliance. So much concrete stuff in here that my brain is still ringing. Loved it. I really understand a lot more now about where my "well of anger" comes from.
Julles
Julles rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2013
Chris Essary
Chris Essary rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2015
Survivors
Survivors rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2009
Ron Giuntini
Ron Giuntini rated it did not like it
Mar 31, 2014
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2012
Kayla Perry
Kayla Perry rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Nicole Perry
Nicole Perry rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2014
Jonny555
Jonny555 rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2011
Stephen J. Angers
Stephen J. Angers rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2016
Andrew Fishman
Andrew Fishman rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2015
Michele E.
Michele E. rated it it was ok
Jan 08, 2017
Arianne
Arianne rated it liked it
May 23, 2015
Animlgrl
Animlgrl rated it did not like it
May 25, 2008
Will
Will rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2007
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
May 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Big Book Of NLP Techniques: 200+ Patterns & Strategies of Neuro Linguistic Programming
  • SoulCollage: An Intuitive Collage Process for Individuals and Groups
  • When Anger Hurts: Quieting the Storm Within
  • Writing the Mind Alive: The Proprioceptive Method for Finding Your Authentic Voice
  • The Positive Power Of Negative Thinking
  • Nonviolent Communication Companion Workbook: A Practical Guide for Individual, Group, or Classroom Study
  • Forgiveness Is a Choice
  • Changing for Good: A Revolutionary Six-Stage Program for Overcoming Bad Habits and Moving Your Life Positively Forward
  • Self-Nurture: Learning to Care for Yourself As Effectively As You Care for Everyone Else
  • Saved by a Poem: The Transformative Power of Words
  • Where to Draw the Line: How to Set Healthy Boundaries Every Day
  • Writing as a Way of Healing: How Telling Our Stories Transforms Our Lives
  • The Zen of Creativity: Cultivating Your Artistic Life
  • The Healing Connection: How Women Form Relationships in Therapy and in Life
  • Will's Choice: A Suicidal Teen, a Desperate Mother, and a Chronicle of Recovery
  • It's All Too Much Workbook: The Tools You Need to Conquer Clutter and Create the Life You Want
  • Andrew Moore: Detroit Disassembled