Start by marking “Letting Go of Anger: The Eleven Most Common Anger Styles and What to Do about Them: The Eleven Most Common Anger Styles and What to Do about Them” as Want to Read:

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  14 reviews
A revised and updated edition from best-selling anger management author Ronald Potter-Efron, this book identifies the eleven most common anger patterns and offers step-by-step help for overcoming them.
Published May 27th 2014 by Not Avail (first published July 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Letting Go of Anger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Letting Go of Anger

Morgue Anne
I started reading this because there are a few people in my life that I care for deeply but have tempers, and I am not good with handling people around me being angry. I thought that if I understood anger on a deeper level then I would be better equipped to respond to it in others. I got this, but also realized that I know at least one person who practices each anger style, including myself. There was even a section about resentful anger that I realized was me several years ago. I think everyone ...more
Tory
I read this awhile ago, but I remember this being a very easy breakdown of anger types and what to do about them. The author does note in every chapter the positive side to these anger styles and argues that anger does have a place and an appropriate manner of being expressed, in which he gives examples and advice on how to do so. It was helpful to read.
Connie  Kuntz
I don't shy away from my emotions. I like them. I like happiness. I like sorrow. I like nostalgia. I like regret. I like restlessness. I like hope. I like fear. I like ecstasy. I like frustration. I like 'em all. But for purposes of this review, I'll stick to the topic of anger.

I expected this book would shed insight into the topic of anger and the different anger styles. It did and I'm grateful. What I didn't expect is that this book would be so funny, so progressive, and so modern. It is and (
Amy
Sep 15, 2008 Amy rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who want to learn about anger
Okay, so the beginning of the book gives like 8 or 12 or whatever different descriptions of anger types. you are supposed to take a "quiz" to find out which category you fall in. I fell in like 5 categories so i had to read the entire book. It was incredibly accurate about different types of anger styles and that was interesting to read. Does it help me control my anger? No. That isn't really the book's fault though.
Vince
Readers will find Letting Go of Anger is a practical text to work through and digest. The husband and wife author-team guide readers to inventory personal anger styles. From there, sections of the book help to identify causes, risks, and first-steps toward mitigation.

I feel the brief, readable case-studies mentioned throughout the text help to illustrate the taxonomy of anger, proposed by the authors. The title may promise a bit more than any book can deliver. But, I found the text handy and en
Christian Brown
I got this book on the advice of one of my many shrinks. It's a really good book that describes the different "anger styles" that are out there that one might be trying to deal with and then offers you tips and techniques for dealing with those styles. I'm not really into "self-help" books, but this really is quite useful and informative for anyone who is looking to understand themselves a bit better.
Jocelyn Kelly
A practical and insightful book about anger styles. Each anger style is broken down with some advice on how to better manage that style, but it's strength is in explaining and detailing the negative impacts on a person when they don't manage their anger style(s).
Suzanne
Whew! I don't know if I'm supposed to match all eleventy anger styles but I do!! Yikes!

I told my supervisor I was turning over a new leaf; no more tantrums; she asked if I was going to be dead....

Guess I do need to work on this. :#
Deirdre
Quite an interesting look at anger and how it works both for and against people. Gave me a lot of things to think about and work with. A good point to start for people on looking at the ways they deal with their anger and how anger has it's uses.
Christian
This book provides an interesting and to the point description of different anger styles. Although accurate, I found it to be too brief and lacking depth. I would regard it more as a teaser for the field of anger psychology.
Christine Parker
My therapist recommended this book to me. I identify with a lot of the different anger styles outlined. This book is easy to read and fast to get through, and has been a big help to me.
Marlene
Sheer brilliance. So much concrete stuff in here that my brain is still ringing. Loved it. I really understand a lot more now about where my "well of anger" comes from.
Dawn Johnson
Read this book for my anger class and found it very eye opening and helpful.
Asia Maiden
excellent and helpful!
Heather King-Green
Heather King-Green marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Jennie Bernard
Jennie Bernard marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Mark David
Mark David marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Tiffany smith
Tiffany smith marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Grace Kwak
Grace Kwak marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Justin Heath
Justin Heath marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Joe Plourde
Joe Plourde marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Tiffany Ware
Tiffany Ware marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Lauren Lupica
Lauren Lupica is currently reading it
Apr 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Healing the Angry Brain: How Understanding the Way Your Brain Works Can Help You Control Anger and Aggression Letting Go of Shame: Understanding How Shame Affects Your Life Angry All the Time: An Emergency Guide to Anger Control Rage: A Step-by-Step Guide to Overcoming Explosive Anger 30-Minute Therapy for Anger: Everything You Need to Know in the Least Amount of Time