Start by marking “Mary Anne and Too Many Boys (The Babysitters Club, #34)” as Want to Read:
Mary Anne and Too Many Boys (The Babysitters Club, #34)

Mary Anne and Too Many Boys (The Baby-Sitters Club #34)

3.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,382 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Mary Anne and Logan play pretend parents to an egg "baby" for their Modern Living class.
Paperback
Published August 13th 1996 by Scholastic Hippo (first published January 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Mary Anne and Too Many Boys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mary Anne and Too Many Boys

Ciara
the awesome thing about this book is that there's so much plot, all the introductory character/club descriptions are shoehorned into the very first chapter, & mixed with tolerable (if stilted) meeting banter. thank god! i wasn't relishing the idea of reading 200 books that all contained variations on the, "let me tell you about myself & the babysitters club. kristy thomas started the club one day when her mom couldn't find a sitter blah blah blah."

but maybe they dispatched with a lot of
Shira
Mar 06, 2016 Shira rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
-this is my first time reading this book!

in this unofficial sequel to Boy-Crazy Stacey written by ghost writer mary lou kennedy, mary anne and stacey are once again asked to be mother's helpers on a two-week trip to sea city, new jersey. the boy mother's helpers (alex and toby) they had been vaguely romantically involved with in that book are back, and mary anne is uncertain about whether she wants to date alex or stay true to logan. meanwhile, vanessa has a crush on a boy who works at the ice c
Laura Hughes
Mary Anne and Stacey head out with Pikes for another vacation at Sea City, New Jersey. The nice boys from the end of #8 Boy-Crazy Stacey are back, and Stacey and Mary Anne bicker about whose turn it is for a night off so they can go out with them. Mary Anne, of course, has a boyfriend, which makes her situation more complicated; she wants to spend time with Alex, even though it makes her feel guilty, and they end up going out on these weird ambiguous maybe-dates. Finally it turns out that Alex h ...more
Jenn
Aug 27, 2012 Jenn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bsc
Sea City again!! Woot woot! This one wasn't quite as good as the first, but not too bad. It's summertime again (already??) and Mary Anne & Stacey are going with the Pikes to their summer home. Mallory is a sort-of baby-sitter this time too, but her parents mostly want her to enjoy her vacation. So basically, she has to watch the kids, but she doesn't get paid. How come Mary Anne & Stacey get to go each time? That doesn't really seem fair. I mean, Claud is going to Vermont with her family ...more
Julie Decker
Mary Anne and Stacey are reprising their roles as helpers to the Pikes on their family vacation, and they return to the ocean town where they'd once met and flirted with boys. Mary Anne is still attracted to the boy she'd once had a fling with, but now things are more complicated: She has Logan at home! Is her summer romance harmless, or should she reveal that she's already involved? And what's going on with the ice cream boy who has a crush on Mallory?

This book suffers from manufactured drama s
Kate
It's time for Mary Anne and Stacey to take their annual trip to the Atlantic City to baby-sit some brats on the beach - wait, didn't they already go to Atlantic City this year? It used to be blonde Stacey who got all the guys. Not this time! Mary Anne might iron her underwear, but this summer brunettes are in!
Swankivy
Apr 22, 2013 Swankivy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Another one whose title turned me off . . . but of course, being a completist, I wanted to read it. It turned out to be another vacation book with Mary Anne and Stacey as mother's helpers for the Pikes, and since they had connections with boys during their first time there, it's only natural that they reconnect. Uh, except Mary Anne has a boyfriend at home. Not good.

I thought the fact that Mary Anne would entertain the notion of dating the Sea City boy again to be absurd, considering every singl
Kimberly
Oct 18, 2015 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't really remember this book, but I loved it this go-around!
April
Mar 16, 2013 April rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, childrens

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Jessica
Aug 09, 2015 Jessica rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-collection
Meh...
Kelnishia
mary anne and stacey went to there mothers helpers for the pike family . they both cant wait to catch some rays ,stroll along the boardwalk and baby-sit.and now little vanessa finds her self in love with has a crush on a guy at the ice cream palace but what really kills her is that he likes mallory. this book is really great with wonderful drama. i think the theme for little vanessa is that there is plenty fish in sea city lol.
Andd Becker
Mary Anne has conversations with her friends, Claudia, Kristy, Mallory, Jessi, and Stacey. Mary Anne is 13 years old and in the 8th grade.
The big news in this book in the Baby-sitters series is that a working-vacation to Sea City is planned.
Handwritten letters accompany the action in the book.
Maria Elmvang
I like the books set in Sea City, but I must say that these kids have more dates than any 13-year-olds I've ever encountered. And my dates at that age did not include going to a fancy restaurant!
Sarah Smith
I loved the series as a kid. I never read them in order because the library didn't have all of them. I think my favs were the Super Specials.
Heather
Jul 06, 2010 Heather rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
I remember being disappointed in this one b/c I thought 34 was my lucky number (yes, that long ago, Kristen!!), and it wasn't one of my favorites.
Rylee
Oct 10, 2012 Rylee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like this book and I definitely hate boys so I understand why Mary Anne does!
Amie
Sep 23, 2015 Amie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fourth-grade
This would be a great book to use to discuss crushes with girls.
Alanna
it was pretty good not my favorite out of the series though
Amy Holcomb
Oct 03, 2013 Amy Holcomb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
GraceWastheAnswer
Wow! What was Mary Anne thinking? It was good...
Cws
JAR4 Mar
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
MJ Schwartz
MJ Schwartz marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
May 01, 2016
Lisa Tatterson
Lisa Tatterson rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2016
nap385
nap385 added it
Apr 30, 2016
  • Sneaking Out (Sweet Valley Twins, #5)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 132 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
  • Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club, #10)