Start by marking “Dawn's Big Move (The Babysitters Club, #67)” as Want to Read:
Dawn's Big Move (The Babysitters Club, #67)

Dawn's Big Move (The Baby-Sitters Club #67)

3.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  989 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
It's a Baby-sitters Club shocker--Dawn's moving back to California for six months to live with her dad.
Paperback
Published August 17th 1996 by Scholastic Hippo (first published September 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Dawn's Big Move, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dawn's Big Move

Ciara
Jan 07, 2011 Ciara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
this book is dreadful. dawn misses california, her father, & jeff. she finally asks her mom if she can move back to california for six months. mrs. schafer calls mr. schafer, they both talk to the guidance counslors at their local middle schools, & they give dawn permission. she is stoked. at the last second, she becomes concerned that claifornia won't live up to her memories of how awesome it is, & she decides not to go, but mrs. schafer gently talks her into it. the babysitters clu ...more
Laura Hughes
Dawn finds herself aching for California. She outbursts during a day of family fun with her Connecticut family that she wants to go home. Arrangements are gradually made; custody is split; Dawn will now be in California for six months out of the year. Dawn makes a pro-con list, has a last-minute change of heart, but ends up going. Subplots involve a secret goodbye party (where have we seen that before? (hint: Good-bye Stacey, Good-bye)) and a charity game competition event thing.

The major probl
Marian
Jan 21, 2010 Marian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: readit, bsc, 2010
If one were playing the BSC drinking game, this is one of those where you'd have to drink quite a bit. Dawn decides to move back to California... because she misses her father and her brother. Which isn't surprising, but I do wonder how many divorced kids resented Dawn being able to just fly back and forth like it was no big deal.

I also wonder if the series were done today, if Kristy would have been jealous of Dawn for this as well. (Kristy's MIA father is frequently mentioned as living in Calif
Ender Dragon
I like a lot of these books. Some of them were really interesting, such as Kristy and the Worst Kid Ever, and others I just find okay even though I get real wrapped up in them and want to read more. This book was just okay. I still liked it, though.
April
May 01, 2013 April rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, childrens

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Shelley Curtis
Mar 26, 2014 Shelley Curtis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
One of my favourite childhood books.
Nancy
Oct 31, 2013 Nancy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rereading
In which Dawn moves back to OMGCALIFORNIA for the first time and I throw a mental party celebrating. Too bad she comes back. STFU, Dawn.

I always wondered just how Sharon and Jack were able to work out the six month switch thing in the middle of the school year. And so quickly! I guess it's too much to ask, that things make sense in the BSCverse. Of course it is...
Kate
Yes, who would consider leaving the fickle New England weather for constant 70+ degrees and sunshine? Who could leave the anally structured Baby-Sitters Club for the We Heart Kids Club? Where else can Dawn fit in with her vegetarianism and baggy "California casual" button down shirts? Please. Ever think she might miss her father and little brother?
Sue
I haven’t read one of these books in a while but had one on the shelf and thought what the heck. It took me back to jr. high when friends abound. I know it was a hard decision go visit her Dad and brother in California or stay in Stoneybrook. Dawn’s friends make it hard and easy at the same time. Not the best one of the BSC books.
Natia
Jan 19, 2012 Natia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book. It is kind of depressing though. I mean, why does Dawn have to move? She is so happy in Stonybrook and she has a great family and great friends. I liked the way the book ended. It was short and sweet. I like dawn a lot. She may be a health freak, but she is a really good character. I really liked this book.
jenn
Mar 22, 2011 jenn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Ugh. Why was this my favorite book series as a kid? I suppose it's because the writing is perfectly geared toward the precocious, know-it-all demographic. Gotta love the well-placed vocabulary lessons and Dawn's obsession with "health" food. Ravioli? Ceasar's salad? Really, Dawn?

And Palo City sounds TOTES real, you guys.
Maria Elmvang
It may just be a BSC novel, but this book always makes me cry. Perhaps because I can relate only too well to Dawn's sense of "home" being in two different and far-apart places.
Sarah Smith
I loved the series as a kid. I never read them in order because the library didn't have all of them. I think my favs were the Super Specials.
GraceWastheAnswer
Jun 11, 2010 GraceWastheAnswer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this one with some doubt. I had begun to catch on to the leave come back thing going on. Plus, it was only for a little while.
Rhiannon1220
Aug 06, 2008 Rhiannon1220 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This whole series is great for girls between 11-15 years old. I read every last one of them as I was growing up.
Amy Holcomb
Oct 03, 2013 Amy Holcomb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
Kimberly
Feb 14, 2011 Kimberly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: A babysitter!
It was fine

ccc
ccc added it
May 05, 2016
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
MJ Schwartz
MJ Schwartz marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Ashley
Ashley added it
Apr 28, 2016
Leanne
Leanne marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Tessa Christie
Tessa Christie marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
  • The War Between the Twins (Sweet Valley Twins, #37)
  • The Year Mom Won the Pennant
  • Trail of Thread: A Woman's Westward Journey (Trail of Thread #1)
  • Disney's Finding Nemo: Just Keep Swimming

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 132 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
  • Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club, #10)