Start by marking “World War II for Dummies” as Want to Read:
World War II for Dummies

World War II for Dummies

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  7 reviews
World War II was the most destructive event of the twentieth century. It was total war covering the entire globe, and the nations that fought it employed every available resource, harnessing both technology and people to one purpose. If you look at the world today, you'll be hard-pressed to find a country that was not affected by this war. If you want to find out more abou ...more
Published April 18th 2011 by For Dummies (first published October 15th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about World War II for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about World War II for Dummies

Surprisingly good general overview of WWI. Good read for someone that doesn't know much about WWI or good review for future, more in-depth reading on the subject.
Don Stanton
A very good if you are any kind of a history buff. I gave read and studied countless books about this era, but this down to earth chronology of WWI is only only book I have read that does and excellent job of outlining the war and its major campaigns in a tidy and concise manor.
Super quick read, but a real must for those that are students of the this critical time in our history.
As for the rest, a good choice would me People Magazine.
Excellent overview of the causes, events, and conclusion of WWII. I read it to get the big picture into which I could place future reading about specific events and phases of the war. The writing is a bit sloppy at times and a bit too casual but not to distraction. There is also a fair amount of repetition as it is also designed to be read in bits and pieces as well as from beginning to end.
This is a fine review of WWII. I just finished teaching the Unit on WWII so I read it as a quick review. It's a simple telling of WWII but if you already have foundational knowledge on the topic it will stimulate all of the details that have learnt but thought you forgot.
I Like the for Dummies books,and I was looking for more info on WW2. Seemed like a good match.
I good simple breakdown of the events leading up to, during and conclusion of WWII.
One of the subjetiviest books that i ever read, writen by an american military lover.
Tori marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Aaron added it
Jul 25, 2015
Mayar Magdi
Mayar Magdi marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Leandro marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Sara Miller
Sara Miller marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Koolfee Ahmed
Koolfee Ahmed marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Suzy marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Dmitrii Kovalchuk
Dmitrii Kovalchuk marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Arissa Cannella
Arissa Cannella marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Michele Myer
Michele Myer marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Matthew Baxter
Matthew Baxter marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015