Start by marking “Strawberry Mansion: A Philadelphia Story” as Want to Read:
Strawberry Mansion: A Philadelphia Story

Strawberry Mansion: A Philadelphia Story (Strawberry Mansion Series #1)

4.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  224 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Tabitha Williams, nineteen, doubles as a punching bag every time her boyfriend drinks one too many. When she stabs him and flees to her mother’s house with her three-year-old daughter, she thinks it’s finally over. Unfortunately, the drama has just begun! “Will she find the courage to leave him for good? And will he let her?” Lisa Perkins, seventeen, is the “strong one,” o ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published March 24th 2011 by Queen Midas Books (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Strawberry Mansion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strawberry Mansion

African Americans on the Move Book Club
When I picked up Strawberry Mansion I had no idea what genre it was in by the looks on the girl's faces on the cover, but when I read the back cover I saw that it was a story of three ladies my age 14-19. The storyline for all three girls was true to life and on point. I was Happy to see different Dialects and Ebonics used when they were speaking because we do not speak with perfect grammar and it helps the girls be relate-able. The Portrayal of 19 yr old Tabitha Williams, Who Is being abused by ...more
OOSA
Nov 23, 2008 OOSA rated it liked it
Teenage Blues

"Strawberry Mansion" takes you into the lives of three best friends. Tabitha, a teenage mother, is involved in an abusive relationship at the hands of her child's father, Eric. Lisa, whose mother always seems to put her men before her daughter, leaves Lisa feeling unloved. She is the one that seems to hold the group together. Then you have Shanice, the youngest out of the group. She has the reputation at school for being "fast" and is always the one caught up in some drama.

When Li
Sistar Tea
Oct 03, 2009 Sistar Tea rated it really liked it
An Unbreakable Bond

This story was cute. I believe this book is geared for the teenager or young adult; I think that age group can benefit from this and the lessons for them are worthy of their time. These characters are faced with problems that a lot of our teenagers and young ones are dealing with. I feel our younger generation will relate on some level to this book and may learn from the headaches these young women are faced with. Their bond is unbreakable and a true testament for friendship.
Krystol
Sep 30, 2009 Krystol rated it it was amazing
Strawberry Mansion is a very good book thus far. I can relate to it in a way becuase my friend has sisters and she is from that part of Philadelphia. I love how you can imagine yourself being one of the characters in the book! This is definately going to be one of my favorites! Julia Press Simmons is a talented author and i cant wait to read more of her work!
Junnita Jackson
Nov 14, 2008 Junnita Jackson rated it it was amazing
Great book on teens dealing w/domestic violence and dysfunctional homes.
Phette *fee~ETT*
Dec 17, 2012 Phette *fee~ETT* rated it liked it
Tabitha, Lisa, and Shanice are best friends. They're as thick as thieves. Shanice is my favorite. Her feisty attitude and no holds barred demeanor set her apart from the other two. Initially, it was difficult for me to relate to Tabitha and Lisa's bond with Shanice (who is 14 years old while the other two are 19 & 17, respectively)because of the age gap, but I suppose it's possible. The storyline dealt with some serious issues that plague a lot of families. The ending took a twist that I kin ...more
Felisha Bradshaw
Sep 29, 2013 Felisha Bradshaw rated it really liked it
4.0 out of 5 stars This book was anything but strawberries and mansions....,

September 18, 2013

By
Siren "Hear my voice, feel my wrath" (Houston, TX)

This review is from: Strawberry Mansion: A Philadelphia Story (Kindle Edition)

Chile......this book here had me singing all kinds of sad songs. I was like, "Really? OMG? Somebody fudge him up!" It was a hot mess, all the drama that unfolded and by the end, I had no more tears to shed.

Tabitha had me feeling some kind of way about her and I was a bit con
Tiffany
Jul 07, 2012 Tiffany rated it really liked it
Ive been holding onto this book for some time now so im happy I finally sat down and read it. This was a quick read, the story is so heartfelt and reminds you that everyone has a story, and it doesnt matter how close you are to them you may not know their story until later.

The story followed three teenage girls who were all best friends and each had their own family issues that they were trying to deal with and help each other with.

Tabitha is the oldest of the girls, but that doesnt really mea
Foresight Literary Lounge
May 07, 2012 Foresight Literary Lounge rated it really liked it
Tabitha, Lisa and Shanice are the best of friends and have learned to depend on each other during adversity. Tabitha has an abusive boyfriend who always finds a reason to physically abuse her. He uses their young daughter as a pawn to keep her from leaving. Lisa deals with a hurtful past which includes sexual abuse at the hands of her step-father. She is driven to leave their home after her mother not only blames her for his depraved actions, but goes as far as to disown her. Shanice is young, p ...more
Jennifer Beaman-williams
Sep 15, 2014 Jennifer Beaman-williams rated it it was amazing
loved it from page one til the end also had to read the rest of the series now i'm reading fornication and it is good too keep up the good work on the strawberry mansion books.

your loyal fan:
jennifer beaman
christine williams
Three forever

It's sad that our parents try to hide things and in the end after being really hurt we are told the truth
Rell
Jan 22, 2012 Rell rated it liked it
I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. Most of the reviews were excellent but this isn't my type of story. I couldn't relate to any of the characters, I kept getting confused because the characters came off as being a lot older than what they were. it wasn't a bad read by far, perhaps I just couldn't relate to the story line.....and the ending was a bit odd.
Lea Mishell
Dec 06, 2012 Lea Mishell rated it it was amazing
Tabitha, Lisa and Shanice are three teenage friends helping each other through the struggle of adolescence in Philadelphia. Each of the teens has their own demons to deal with but they are always there to help their girl when life gets REAL. The twist was so unexpected and a bit of a tearjerker.
Rebecca
Aug 11, 2013 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Great book. Tabitha, Lisa and Shanice are the truest form of friends. Each one has a story and obstacles to overcome but they do it together which makes everything worthwhile. Really enjoyed reading this. Would highly recommend.
Leondra
I liked this book. The ending felt a little forced, but It was still a good read. Im looking forward to reading more by this author.
Jamila
Dec 28, 2011 Jamila added it
I LOVED it! Now it's on to book number 2!
Lynette
Oct 21, 2012 Lynette rated it really liked it
Good Book!! I will be reading part II soon!!
Phyllis Cade
Nov 17, 2009 Phyllis Cade rated it it was amazing
I couldnt puy it down. Cant wait for the next one
Nina gay
Sep 27, 2011 Nina gay is currently reading it
so far so good not finish yet
Keecia
Keecia added it
Jan 28, 2016
Ztyu
Ztyu marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Maryann
Maryann marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Jaasy
Jaasy marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Carmen Blalock
Carmen Blalock marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Tyesha
Tyesha rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Tanuya Perry
Tanuya Perry rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2016
G.Jackson
G.Jackson marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Luschus Beth
Luschus Beth marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
Nichole R. White
Nichole R. White rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Shea
Shea marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
  • What Lies Between the Sheets
  • Multiple Me's
  • Ex-Girl to the Next Girl
  • Deep Throat Diva

Strawberry Mansion Series (3 books)
  • Begonia Brown: A Philadelphia Story