Start by marking “Be My Boy” as Want to Read:
Be My Boy
read book

Be My Boy (Hot Summer Days)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  762 ratings  ·  115 reviews
Devastated by the loss of his Master and long-time partner, Owen's life slips into a tailspin of loneliness and abuse. When he finally gives in and gives up, an angel pulls him from the filthy ground of a back alley.

Mitchell isn't in the market for a new boy, but he can’t bear to stand by and watch Owen's demise from the sidelines. He finds more than a companion in the old
ebook, Online Fiction, 40 pages
Published July 17th 2011 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Be My Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be My Boy

julio
Nicely done.

Unexpectedly sweet and tender; featuring a balanced emotional spectrum that was neither too angsty nor too flippant.
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
So this is not my type of theme at all Master slave just not something I enjoy, but I loved this book, except the opening scene was too much for me if it would have started at the end of that scene I would have given it five stars. It took me a while to get past the opening scene but this story rocked!

Vanessa North
Sweet, sentimental, with a protag over 40? Yesssssss.
Mary
I really enjoyed this and the older "boy" with the younger "master" was very refreshing. Owen is vulnerable and sweet and conditoned to serve. And everyone who sees him is missing that the man is a treasure. Until Mitchell. I loved the alpha in him layered in kindness. I am not a big fan of BDSM but this one showed me the tenderness that it can be and how reassuring. Highly recommended.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Ok, so I don't really get the D/S thing and I think the way it works in this book is quite unrealistic, but . . . this was a really sweet story and the sex was fine, very light D/S, not disturbing at all. Well, except for the part where the S is much older and acts like a child, almost borderline retarded at points--that was a little off for me--but I like the role reversal, too, with the young man being the Dom. I was pleasantly surprised. I don't know what that says about me...

(I had to add a
MiʂħүJѻ
This is the sweet story, Owen, a slave who is utterly lost after losing his Master of many years, and Mitchell, the young Dom who sees something special in Owen despite is situation. This book could have been an incredible novel. It felt like the story was just hitting its stride and great things were about to come when it *poof* ended.

There is an art to writing a short story, and part of that art is making the readers feel like they got the whole story in just a few pages. In that respect, I t
L-D
There are no BDSM scenes in this short novella which is why I like it. But there is a definite Master/Slave relationship. The story was actually surprisingly poignant. Owen's Master of 20 years has just passed away and Owen is chased out of his home by Cole's sister. Forced to go back to tricking in order to get money, he is a broken man pushing 50. After being beaten and abused by one too many johns in an alley, he is rescued by a young man, Mitchell, who takes him home. I loved the ending of t ...more
Yvonne
2.5 Stars. This is not poorly written or anything & I understand that it's interesting with the role reversal of the sub being middle aged & the dom being younger, but it just didn't work for me. I kept feeling sorry for Owen, who didn't have the sense to realize that turning tricks was a lousy option & that you need to read legal wills & papers or even hire a lawyer before signing over your inheritance. You know, basic stuff the average middle age man knows. Owen was just a litt ...more
Monika
I'm also one of those who isn't a big fan of D/s or BDSM, but I will read them. This one was perfect for me, no actual BDSM scenes, even without those Casey was able to make me believe the Master/Slave relationship that happens between Mitchell and Owen. So sweet!

Mitchell, what a sweetheart and Owen, so heartbreaking, I just wanted to take him home with me and hug him to death!

Well done Casey!
Beck
Every now & then, you come across a book that is just so good it shines. 'Be My Boy' is one of those books. I've always wondered what happens to the house boys, who are true submissive's, when they are no longer young, new & shiny. Most of the books have beautiful subs & powerful, virile Doms ... this story turned the stereotypes on their heads & delivered a powerful & poignant tale of healing, love & deserved happiness. Owen was such a sad, lonely man until Mitchell took ...more
CAS
Awesome story Casey!
I really enjoyed the M/s relationship between these two men. I am not a fan of humiliation or the "passing around" of a slave. SO.. I was more than tickled shitless for Owen when Mitchell outlined his rules.

"I’m not into humiliation so you don’t have to worry about that. What I want is someone to care for, who will care for me in return.” HOOK....

"The only big rule is that you are mine and mine alone. Nobody else will touch you. I will never offer you to anyone else and I
Sarah_loves_books
Just amazing how well the characters of Owen and Mitchell were written. Owen was a true submissive and Mitchell was a true dominant. Not only sexually, but in life. There was no role-playing here. And this story made me even understand the idea of service.

My only niggle would be that Cole definitely would have explained to Owen what civil partnership meant financially. The writer could have written it this way, and still it would have been believable that Owen did what Cole's sister said.

Some se
SueM
I wasn't sure you could make this one work in a way that I'd enjoy (most BDSM stories don't do much for me), but gee, I was wrong to doubt you! The story ended up being much sweeter and full of hope than I had anticipated! Mitchell was the perfect Dom for me - strong, decisive, protective and loving. In fact, I'd love to read more about this couple. Thank you so much for writing it.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Generally I am not a fan of D/s or BDSM stories, so I pick the ones I read pretty carefully.
As this author was new to me and it was part of the HSD I decided to just go for it!
And boy,(pun intended:) am I glad I did! This was such a sad, sweet romance packed into such a small package!
I would definitely read more from this author and this couple....
Stefanie139
Sep 13, 2012 Stefanie139 rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: D/s likers
Shelves: mm-bdsm, m-m-h-c
I liked the story and the little we learn about Owen (Mitchell isn't fleshed out). The story could have been five times as long - their relationship and the D/s elements are glossed over, as well as the rest (view spoiler), that's why it's only 3 stars. All in all a nice fast read.
Emily
Dec 30, 2012 Emily rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: free, m-m
I absolutly loved this story, thanks so much for writing it! Please consider writing a sequel
Jeff Erno
This is a sweet, though unconventional, BDSM love story about a middle aged sub who has served one Master for over twenty years. When his Master, Cole, passes away, Owen is devastated. He's completely at a loss, having spent the entirety of his adult life tending to his Master's needs. He knows nothing about personal finance, decision-making, or even joining the work force.

Cole's sister "generously" offers to pay Owen a lump sum of money if he will vacate his home without any fuss. Owen, being s
Sammy Goode
Be My Boy by Casey K. Cox was, simply put, a sweet sip of a story! Owen, a 47 year-old submissive finds himself alone and nearly homeless after the death of his Master, Cole. He is turning tricks, taking both physical and verbal abuse from the highest bidder when Mitchell walks into his life. Young, attractive and looking for a "boy", Mitchell takes Owen home and proceeds to heal the man's shattered ego and give him the strength to consider living again.

Along the way, Mitchell helps Owen recover
♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐
This was lovely delightful story. What does happen to slaves whose Master passes away? Or worst, breaks up and leaves them? Owen is over fifty years old and he hasn't worked outside of the home in over two decades. With the death of his master, he's been tossed out of his home by his master's sister and lost everything.

This is a very sad story for me. The first half of it, I felt nothing but pity for this lost soul and anger at his master for not taking care of him. The white in shining armour i
Trix
I liked Owen and Mitchell. It would have made for an interesting story if it had been longer.

(view spoiler)
Sadonna
Jul 24, 2011 Sadonna rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: free, mm
This story about an "older" (well, I'd call him middle-aged) slave who loses his master and his way is very well done. About to give up on life after the death of his master and the loss of his home and finally running out of money, Owen is really at the end of his rope. After a particularly distateful trick, Mitchell comes to his rescue. How their relationship unfolds is the beauty in this story. Can't wait to read more from this author.
Librarian Kate
I just have a major soft spot in my heart for "fairy Domfather" stories, and the older sub left alone in the world rescued by hot young Dom is just...*sigh* This story also brings up the issues faced by same-sex couples whose relationships are not recognized after one partner dies, and the surviving partner has to fight family, the courts, AND grief - I'd offer to bitch-slap the eeebil sister, but I think I'd have to take a number!
Blaine
“It’s not a case of wanting. I am your boy. Don’t leave me behind, Master. We’re only just getting started.”

This says it all. Beautiful
and YAY for Cardiff :D

The story grabbed me from the first sentence and you had me tearing up soon after. The emotion that bleeds through is amazing.
A wonderful and loving story. I love it!
Mammarella
Sweetness :)

Owen is very immature for his mid-to-late forties, but somehow it's OK, with him coming out of a certain D/S relationship that lasted for almost half of his life.

Normally this set-up wouldn't work for me, but - surprise! - 4 stars :)
Eden Winters
Oh, how sweet. Poor Owen. My heart just broke for him, and Mitchell made such a great guardian, healing the poor man's hurts. I am such a sucker for hurt/comfort. What a fabulous short read. And it's free!
Riayl
Oct 16, 2013 Riayl rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: bdsm, mm
3.5

I liked the characters, but I really really wanted it to be longer. I wanted to know more about Mitchell and I wanted to see more of the two of them together. Yes, I'm greedy like that.
Lila Hunter
A really nice Master/slave story. It was beautifully crafted and you can see the love between Cole & Owen. Mitchell was great, but a little wet behind the ears. Overall, a great short.
Veronica /  V
I'm not a huge fan of D/S stories, although this is one of the most lovely story a have read.
The beginning put me off a little bit, but I'm so glad I keep reading.
Adara
An excellent light BDSM short about a middle-aged sub/slave looking for what's next after his older Master has died. A sweet read. =)
  • Masochism 101
  • Cody and the Hermit
  • Sink or Swim
  • Plug and Engage
  • Just One Kiss
Casey K Cox is an avid reader and author of m/m erotic fiction. Hailing from the West of England she tends to set her stories in the UK although some of her characters have been known to travel in time and space.

The popular 'Rise of Alec Caldwell' series is now available in print. Check out the list of titles available and follow her work at http://caseykcox.blogspot.com
More about Casey K. Cox...
The Rise of Alec Caldwell: Volume One (The Rise of Alec Caldwell, #1) Dropping a Stitch in Time The Rise of Alec Caldwell: Volume Two (The Rise of Alec Caldwell, #2) Finding King (The Breaker, #1) Unexpected Item in Bagging Area (Super Shorts, #1)

“He couldn’t even jerk himself off: there was no one to give him permission to come. ” 4 likes