Start by marking “My Bloody Valentine” as Want to Read:
My Bloody Valentine

My Bloody Valentine (Don't Read in the Closet Events)

3.22 of 5 stars 3.22  ·  rating details  ·  147 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Dear Author,
What just happened? Is this blood play? Knife play gone too far?

Or is there something more sinister going
Published July 17th 2011 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about My Bloody Valentine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Bloody Valentine

Exina
Not bad, but not great either. But it was worth the five minutes I spent on it.

Marte

** 2 bloody stars **

--------------------
"It's nothing personal."
--------------------

Well, that was a mood killer. With double meaning and pun intended. MM Romance meets horror!
Did I like it? He (view spoiler) And it wasn't much explained either.

----------------------------------------------------

A short story in the collection"Don't Read in the Closet, Volume Two"from the MM Romance Group Hot Summer Event 2011.

ClickHEREfor the story online orHEREto downloadthe

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I really liked this story. It was short and dark, like it is tagged. Even though it was creepy it wasn’t too bad and I liked the twist at the end. Yeah it sucks for poor Drew, but I would like to read more about Mason and Cody

L-D
Mar 10, 2012 L-D rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m, novella
About 2.5 stars. I think that the concept was decent but there was no character development and it seemed that the story ended rather abruptly. I think a little more length could've added a lot to this story.

Don't Read in the Closet is a collection of short stories published for free for members of the M/M Romance Group. The best part of this series of shorts is that they were based on a photo and a reader request for a story. Here is the photo and reader request that inspired this story (Warnin
Neyjour
Story Prompt:
What just happened? Is this blood play? Knife play gone too far? Is he a vampire that just botched his first feeding? Or a blood slave, finally taking his evil master out, so he can run off with the vamp of his dreams? Is he a good Samaritan, helping out after witnessing a car accident? Is there a hot doctor in his future? Or is there something more sinister going on? I don't care! I just need to know! TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON!!!

Cindi
Jul 10, 2012 Cindi added it
Shelves: free, hot-summer-days
Wow... that was disturbing... I guess that would be the correct word to use. I'm not sure what I was expecting when I started reading this but it definitely wasn't that. I'm not sure how to rate this so I won't. I'm thinking that only a few pages for something so dark leaves no room at all for character or story development. I do, however, like the author's writing style (A LOT) and it was nice to be taken out of the typical m/m box (so to speak) for a bit. This is definitely NOT more of the sam ...more
Wendy Ann
Oh boy, perfectly creepy! The fact that the thunder and lightning started up just as I got going on this one (no joke) gave me major heebie jeebies!!! I keep looking out the patio door, waiting for the zombie monster to come crashing in *shivers*! A very interesting plot twist in an even more interesting story. Excellent work!!! (Must go read something light and fluffy to ward off the nightmares:)

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
I liked this story, a bit too short and left me with a lot of questions and totally not what I was expecting but still enjoyed it nevertheless :)
Ayanna
...
...ooookay....
...um...

POSSIBLY SPOILER WARNINGS but the story was so short that I feel like most of it was self-explanatory. Then again, my perception may not be yours.

I have no idea what to say, but I feel like I should say something.
This one was...disturbing on so many levels. It goes against many fundamental beliefs I have which i won't expound upon here because this short was so under-developed. As presented, though, I object to the sacrificing of countless lives for the sake of an undead
Kath
it's slightly disturbing, but the plot was just fine, in the other hand there is not much to go by when it comes to the characters, I would have liked a deeper look into their history and how everything comes to pass. this would make an awesome novella... but needs so much more development...
Anna Matsuyama
Love was sacrifice, was it not? No one ever said it had to be your sacrifice.

A short supernatural story. With a twist.
GlamLawyer
creepy story, great writing. :) not usually my cup of tea bit the story got me curious.
Minerva
That was incredibly creepy. Now I'm sitting alone with every light in the house on. Horror is not for me. And there wasn't even any sexy times *pout*
Britta ★ Nachteule ★
Jan 14, 2015 Britta ★ Nachteule ★ marked it as to-read
Shelves: hot-summer-days

***Read as part of the free Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Two anthology. Story #26***
SueM
3.5 Stars.
Andrea, thank you for writing this story, although I have to admit that I, like Jen, am not a big fan of horror stories! Um, eating a fresh human heart? No thanks! I shudder to think of kissing after that! Ugh! But I did snicker a bit at the lines 'Love was sacrifice, was it not? No one ever said it had to be your sacrifice.' I love smart-ass humor. :)
CAS
Andy! I love horror!! Who knew? Atleast I do if it's written like this! WOW! This is amazing. Now I REALLY need to get on those Infected Series books.. I like your style. No, I love your style.

@ Elizabeth... I LOVE this comment:
i>Well you little Andrea Poe you!
Really had me grinning ear to ear! Well said!
LOVED LOVED LOVED this! :)

Alex
A gory romance that doesn't get too overwhelming in gore or horror. It's well written and disturbingly sweet, although I was a little confused over whether this was really a "second chance" if it's not the first time it's happened. Unless every time is a second chance.
Fani
I wish I had read this on Halloween!I can't say much because of spoilers, but I did not see *that* coming!!A nice surprise towards the end of 'Don't Read in the Closet vol.2' !
Lily
Too short but I really liked this disturbing story. It's interesting but definitely more horror than romance although the basic theme is love.
Penny
I know I enjoyed this way more than I should have. Great weird storyline. Very unique. Recommend, but it may not be for everyone.
Zach Sweets
Loved this one! I hope she'll write a novel or even a novella length in this similar genre. We need more good horror m/m books :D
Tamela
Excellent short story. Took the picture and really came up with a horrific idea. Five stars for this gem.
Bookbee
Well done! I normally don't "do" horror but I took a chance and am so glad that I did!
Fiona Goodman
3.5 stars.

Dark and twisted. Well written. Definitely a change of pace.
Rachel
Oooh, this one was creepy! Not what I was expecting, but still fun to read.
Sadonna
Jul 24, 2011 Sadonna rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm, free
Very creepy and scary story!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • It's the End of the World As We Know It
  • Hidden Needs (Secrets of the Sanctuary, #1)
  • Say a Little Prayer
  • Appearing Knightly
  • Cody and the Hermit
  • His Last Resort
  • Dog Days of Summer
  • Cupid's Beau
  • Between Friends
  • Shadows on the Heart (Masters of Time, #1)
  • Mourning
  • Freedom's Souvenir
  • I Am the Highway
  • Chasing the Prick
3020553
Super nerd. I'm still the EIC at Cx Pulp. I've won Rainbow Awards, and still can't believe it.
More about Andrea Speed...

Don't Read in the Closet Events (1 - 10 of 688 books)
  • Bobby's Christmas Gift
  • A Bugger to Pack
  • Christmas Gifts
  • Christmas in the Sandbox
  • Cocklebur's Christmas
  • The Conquerors (Zero-G wrestling)
  • Crying Wolf (Portals, #2.5)
  • D.N.A.: Double Helix
  • The Gift
  • The Guttersnipe's Gift
Infected: Prey (Infected, #1) Infected: Bloodlines (Infected, #2) Infected: Life After Death (Infected, #3) Infected: Freefall (Infected, #4) Infected: Shift  (Infected, #5)