Start by marking “Butch Cassidy, My Brother” as Want to Read:
Butch Cassidy, My Brother

Butch Cassidy, My Brother

Trade Paperback.
Published July 30th 1976 by Penguin Books (first published 1975)

To ask other readers questions about Butch Cassidy, My Brother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Butch Cassidy, My Brother

Go Down Together by Jeff GuinnJesse James by T.J. StilesUnder the Black Flag by David CordinglyBandits by Eric HobsbawmRobin Hood by J.C. Holt
Bandits, Robbers, Outlaws and Desperados
14th out of 91 books — 19 voters
Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee by Dee BrownEmpire of the Summer Moon by S.C. GwynneMayflower by Nathaniel PhilbrickElsie by Barbara Anne WaiteWomen's Diaries of the Westward Journey by Lillian Schlissel
The American Frontier
314th out of 340 books — 76 voters

More lists with this book...

Una Tiers
Dec 15, 2013 Una Tiers rated it liked it

Several things stood out about this book. It was published in 1975 and sold for 2.50. The cookies I was eating were more expensive.
The best anecdote: Butch gave $$ to a homeowner to payoff the mortgage before imminent foreclosure. After the banker signed the property to the owner, Butch robbed him of the $.
This book was written to salvage the reputation of Butch Cassidy (LeRoy Parker), although I think the movie Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid probably did just that.
Tyler
Feb 10, 2012 Tyler rated it really liked it
I borrowed this book from my Grandpa a few years before he died and it turned out his copy was signed by Lula Parker Betenson. He lived across the street from her in Circleville, Utah when the book came out (by which time she was already an old lady) and she offered to sign it. After my grandfather died I was lucky to inherit his copy.

I really love this book because in my opinion no one could understand a complex man like Robert LeRoy Parker better than someone who grew up in the same home, shar
Paul
Nov 04, 2011 Paul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book for two reasons, it describes the Parkers' move to and life in Circle Valley and the account of Cassidy's visit to his family after he returned from South America. I enjoyed them both. If you want a thorough treatment of Butch Cassidy, read something else.
Jessie B.
The recollections and family history of Butch Cassidy's sister. While she does try hard to present her brother in the best possible light, this book also gives a fascinating look at what was like at the end of the old west.
Janice
Nov 12, 2011 Janice rated it liked it
This really deserves 3 1/2 stars. I enjoyed this and she makes a very compelling argument that her brother didn't die in a shot out in South America.
Jessica
Jun 25, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it
This is a very interesting entry in the Butch Cassidy bibliography as it was written by his sister who vividly details the accounts of his life, including his supposed return from Bolivia.
Heidi
May 09, 2014 Heidi rated it really liked it
Wonderful book. I got to read an autographed copy of it with some old newspaper articles about Butch Cassidy tucked inside. I have a great respect for him.
Ruth
Aug 17, 2009 Ruth rated it it was amazing
I found all the stories in this book very entertaining. And it wasn't at all what I thought it would be.
LE Shakura
LE Shakura rated it it was ok
Aug 29, 2012
Janice
May 15, 2008 Janice rated it really liked it
We found this very interesting and fun to read as we traveled in Southern Utah.
Kellen
Kellen rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2015
Arlene Adams-gertsch
Arlene Adams-gertsch rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2013
Diane
Diane rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2015
Jasper
Jasper rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2014
Bonniepianogirl
Bonniepianogirl rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2013
Lance
Aug 21, 2008 Lance rated it really liked it
I would believe the account of his sister over scholar's speculations. Still, an enjoyable read.
Richard Jr.
Richard Jr. rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2015
Jeff Anderson
Jeff Anderson rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2013
Jim
Jim rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2007
Norm
Norm rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2015
Jennifer rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2008
Wendy
Wendy rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2014
Teri
Teri rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2011
Jeanie
Jeanie rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2012
Jacqui Jacoby
Jacqui Jacoby rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2012
Helen Martch
Helen Martch rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2010
Laura rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2008
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2013
Ryan
Ryan rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2016
Mike
Mike rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2012