Start by marking “The Real World of Fairies: A First-Person Account” as Want to Read:
The Real World of Fairies: A First-Person Account

The Real World of Fairies: A First-Person Account

The Real World of Fairies is a privileged glimpse into a joyous, animated universe. Dora's enchanting vision of her encounters with the fairy realm delights the child in us, while it excites our grown-up imagination, rekindles our creative energy, and deepens our sense of connection with nature. This new edition features a foreword by Celtic folk expert Caitlin Matthews. C ...more
Published May 25th 1999 by Quest Books (first published 1977)

To ask other readers questions about The Real World of Fairies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Real World of Fairies

Elizabeth
Jun 30, 2009 Elizabeth rated it it was ok
I was disappointed by this book. It is an encyclopedia of fairies, not a memoir of someone who interacted with fairies. As "real" as it purports to be, I expected more narrative, more description or explanation of how this person interacted with them, events with fairies, conversations, what her parents and friends thought about her claims, even what she thought about her experience, whether she ever thought it was strange that she could see these creatures when most people can't. There is no in ...more
Sharon
Feb 11, 2016 Sharon rated it did not like it
Shelves: gave-up
I just can't do it. I cannot read this with serious interest. While I do believe in fairies, this is utter nonsense. After reading the reviews I have decided that my time is better spent on something better...
Audrey
Mar 26, 2010 Audrey rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone interested in fairies
Recommended to Audrey by: I found it on amazon
I love this book. Everything that anyone or at least I wanted to know about fairies is in this book. What they look like, what they eat, what they wear There are also different fairies all over the world, The new england fairies are emerald green , about 30 inches tall and with an oversized head. the author does not talk about a NJ fairy though!!
Enjoy if you decide to read it . There are no photographs which is just as well.
Erren Wolf
May 28, 2013 Erren Wolf rated it it was amazing
I have the version of this book that has the author listed as Dora van Gelder, without the addition of Kunz. She is a rare person who can see the fairies and she describes them in detail in this book. If you want to know what fairies really look like, this is your field guide! I use this as a reference book when describing the unseen world in my saga, Beneath the Surface.
Megan
Aug 15, 2012 Megan rated it it was ok
A bit dry, reads like it was written in the 1800s despite being a 20th century work. It catalogues a lot of varieties of fairies, and would probably be of interest to a dedicated fairy lover, but not to the casually curious.
Candy Sparks
Jul 19, 2007 Candy Sparks rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fairy Lovers!
Shelves: finished
I love this BOOK! a real touch into the fairy world and what they really are. i love it. use your imagination and your creativity and your love for nature with this book!

candy
Summer
Feb 04, 2009 Summer rated it it was amazing
I love fairies or fairy lore so I loved it.
Júlia Villő
Júlia Villő marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Ivy
Ivy marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Pablo
Pablo added it
Jul 30, 2016
Meghan Deinhard
Meghan Deinhard marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Mark Holman
Mark Holman rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2016
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Sabine
Sabine marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Molly Ellison
Molly Ellison marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Dannica
Dannica rated it did not like it
Mar 30, 2016
Matt
Matt rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
Regina Galyautdinova
Regina Galyautdinova marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Maci Dierking
Maci Dierking is currently reading it
Feb 09, 2016
Tabatha
Tabatha marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Cass Markovich
Cass Markovich rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Celia
Celia rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Megan Elliott
Megan Elliott rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Seriina
Seriina rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2016
Aofiyebi Oluwakorede
Aofiyebi Oluwakorede rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2015