Start by marking “Silverweed: A Supernatural Fairy Tale (Volume 1)” as Want to Read:
Silverweed: A Supernatural Fairy Tale (Volume 1)

Silverweed: A Supernatural Fairy Tale (Supernatural Fairy Tales #1)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Once upon a time Granny was attacked by a werewolf. Eighteen years later her grandson, Aiden Young, arrives in Indiana for his aunt’s funeral, and his unfortunate discovery of the family secret leads to a fatal mistake. Before the weekend is over, he’s trapped by a blizzard along with his superstitious cousin, Diesel, and Scarlet, Diesel’s manipulative girlfriend. In his g ...more
Published (first published November 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Silverweed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silverweed

The Host by Stephenie Meyer1984 by George OrwellUglies by Scott WesterfeldNumbers by Rachel WardSpecials by Scott Westerfeld
Eye of the Beholder
212th out of 408 books — 249 voters
Cinder by Marissa MeyerScarlet by Marissa MeyerCress by Marissa MeyerPrincess of Thorns by Stacey JayWinter by Marissa Meyer
Faerie Tale Retellings
78th out of 94 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Wicked Lil Pixie (Natasha)
Silverweed is a Little Red Riding Hood inspired fairy tale that has all sorts of twists & turns, yet it’s only 81 pages.

Aiden travels with his mother to his grandmothers house after the death of his aunt, only going with her to avoid a break up with his girlfriend Summer. Once they arrive, Aiden discovers how weird his Granny & cousin Diesel are. They believe in all sorts of superstitions, to the point Aiden thinks them both crazy.

When his baby brother & father come down with an illn
Tammie
I love retelling of Red Riding Hood. I enjoyed this one, except for the fact that none of the characters were very likeable.
Larry Kollar
Clever re-telling of Little Red Riding Hood. If you like your big bad wolves changing at the full moon, you might like this.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
Reviewed for Bitten by Books. Check http://bittenbybooks.com for a full review.
Greenfairylv
Diesel, his girlfriend Scarlet, and his cousin Aiden are snowed in, trapped with a weregranny upstairs.
Great spin on Little Red Riding Hood. Would be completely terrifying having the big bad wolf trying to kill you from the inside out. The wolf is the beast trapped inside you once you have been bitten and the only hope you, and the people that surround you, of surviving is to try not to lose your mind to the beast. Silverweed is the only solution that has been found to help granny not lose hers
♥¸.•*´Tanya`*•.¸♥
I purchased this as an ebook from Amazon.

This is the second book in the Supernatural Fairy Tale Series written by Author Dorlana Vann.

A modern day retelling of Little Red Riding Hood. What happens when Teenager Aiden is left caring for his Grandmother and forgets to give her her nightly Silverweed Muffins, a night he'll never forget.

I quite enjoyed this story with it's changes. The main character is male and in his late teens no little girls in this story. The story is well written with action f
Mary Elizabeth Szigeti
A good book to read.

I liked the twist in the book. I hope for another book. The ending isn't the end but left open for another book.
BookJunkie
Ok let me first start off by saying I won this book from the Drawings here on GoodReads { First Reads } .. I was super excitied to win and was looking forward to starting the book as soon as I got it in the mail.. However the book was a little of a Let down.. I mean you kept guessing what was going to happen with Granny and wonder why these kids were the ones going through this stuff alone.. I was just thinking there would be a little more to it is all.. I mean it was good as far as just a quick ...more
Exanimis
Don't let the fact that this is based on Little Red Riding Hood keep you from reading this. I doubt you will see much of the original story in this other than chapter titles. The girl Scarlet,well, I just wanted to slap the crap out of her through most of the story, I think she was more monster than the werewolves. Very well written story.
Erika
As a free book for Kindel, I did not expect it was so well written. But the idea of make a modern version from a traditional story like Little Red Riding Hood is bright and the result is pretty well made.

Perhaps the book lacked of a bit of surprise at the end and some depth to the characters but ultimately was pleasantly surprised.
Sheryl
I am blown away by my friend Dorlana's ability to tell a good story. It's been awhile since I finished this one, so I can't really go into the details, but I enjoyed the read very much!
Pennie
I haven't read many short stories so I don't have much in way of comparison but I will say that I enjoyed it. I look forward to reading more by Dorlana Vann.
Heather
Not bad. It was a bit fast paced as far as getting to know the characters. I enjoyed it none the less.
Heidi
Interesting story. Not well put together but you get the general idea of what is going on.
Loretta Wheeler
A frightful little tale....as it should be:)
Shawna Brooks
Shawna Brooks marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Kayla Mowrey
Kayla Mowrey marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Sarah Keane
Sarah Keane marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Hannah
Hannah added it
Oct 06, 2014
Sandra Dean
Sandra Dean marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
蔡
marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Merq
Merq marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Leanna
Leanna marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
  • Spider Wars (Lords of Shifters)
  • Silver-White (The Great North Woods Pack, #1)
  • Vengeance (The Blood Trail Chronicles, #1)
  • Shadowshifter
  • Initiation (The Warrior, #1)
  • Flaming Dove
  • Moonbeams  (Beams and Light, #1)
  • Dark World
  • Twilight Forever Rising
  • Darwin's Children (Darwin's Children, #1)
  • Intern With The Vampire (Vampire General #1)
  • Zan (Spiritdell, #1)
  • Strange Little Band
  • No Rest for the Wicked
  • Moonsong
  • River's Recruit (Sanctuary, #1)
  • Blood Prophecy
  • King Solomon's Wives: Hunted
The inspirations for my books and short stories are fairy tales, the supernatural, and classic romantic comedies. I’m a long time fan of Anne Rice, I have a writer-crush on F. Scott Fitzgerald, and my all time favorite book is The Picture of Dorian Gray.

I write weekend-reads that have been described as “fun, inventive, and unpredictable."

Jaclyn's Ghost: Supernatural Mystery, Romantic Comedy, Can
More about Dorlana Vann...
Jaclyn's Ghost The Princes of Tangleforest Supernatural Fairy Tales Passage to Queen Mesentia Ninja vs Pirates

“You not watching the road is making me a little jumpy.”
“No, I think city boy is scared of the woods.” She gave a quick laugh before saying, “Granny once told me she saw the devil out there. Pitchfork and all.”
“Well, if I was scared, that wouldn’t help.”
1 likes