Start by marking “Silverweed: A Supernatural Fairy Tale (Volume 1)” as Want to Read:
Silverweed: A Supernatural Fairy Tale (Volume 1)

Silverweed: A Supernatural Fairy Tale (Supernatural Fairy Tales #1)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Once upon a time Granny was attacked by a werewolf. Eighteen years later her grandson, Aiden Young, arrives in Indiana for his aunt’s funeral, and his unfortunate discovery of the family secret leads to a fatal mistake. Before the weekend is over, he’s trapped by a blizzard along with his superstitious cousin, Diesel, and Scarlet, Diesel’s manipulative girlfriend. In his g ...more
Published (first published November 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Silverweed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silverweed

The Host by Stephenie Meyer1984 by George OrwellUglies by Scott WesterfeldNumbers by Rachel WardSpecials by Scott Westerfeld
Eye of the Beholder
217th out of 424 books — 256 voters
Cinder by Marissa MeyerThrone of Ice by P.M. ChristouScarlet by Marissa MeyerCress by Marissa MeyerPrincess of Thorns by Stacey Jay
Faerie Tale Retellings
81st out of 96 books — 19 voters

More lists with this book...

Wicked Lil Pixie (Natasha)
Silverweed is a Little Red Riding Hood inspired fairy tale that has all sorts of twists & turns, yet it’s only 81 pages.

Aiden travels with his mother to his grandmothers house after the death of his aunt, only going with her to avoid a break up with his girlfriend Summer. Once they arrive, Aiden discovers how weird his Granny & cousin Diesel are. They believe in all sorts of superstitions, to the point Aiden thinks them both crazy.

When his baby brother & father come down with an illn
Tammie
I love retelling of Red Riding Hood. I enjoyed this one, except for the fact that none of the characters were very likeable.
Larry Kollar
Clever re-telling of Little Red Riding Hood. If you like your big bad wolves changing at the full moon, you might like this.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
Reviewed for Bitten by Books. Check http://bittenbybooks.com for a full review.
Greenfairylv
Diesel, his girlfriend Scarlet, and his cousin Aiden are snowed in, trapped with a weregranny upstairs.
Great spin on Little Red Riding Hood. Would be completely terrifying having the big bad wolf trying to kill you from the inside out. The wolf is the beast trapped inside you once you have been bitten and the only hope you, and the people that surround you, of surviving is to try not to lose your mind to the beast. Silverweed is the only solution that has been found to help granny not lose hers
♥¸.•*´Tanya`*•.¸♥
I purchased this as an ebook from Amazon.

This is the second book in the Supernatural Fairy Tale Series written by Author Dorlana Vann.

A modern day retelling of Little Red Riding Hood. What happens when Teenager Aiden is left caring for his Grandmother and forgets to give her her nightly Silverweed Muffins, a night he'll never forget.

I quite enjoyed this story with it's changes. The main character is male and in his late teens no little girls in this story. The story is well written with action f
Mary Elizabeth Szigeti
A good book to read.

I liked the twist in the book. I hope for another book. The ending isn't the end but left open for another book.
BookJunkie
Ok let me first start off by saying I won this book from the Drawings here on GoodReads { First Reads } .. I was super excitied to win and was looking forward to starting the book as soon as I got it in the mail.. However the book was a little of a Let down.. I mean you kept guessing what was going to happen with Granny and wonder why these kids were the ones going through this stuff alone.. I was just thinking there would be a little more to it is all.. I mean it was good as far as just a quick ...more
Exanimis
Don't let the fact that this is based on Little Red Riding Hood keep you from reading this. I doubt you will see much of the original story in this other than chapter titles. The girl Scarlet,well, I just wanted to slap the crap out of her through most of the story, I think she was more monster than the werewolves. Very well written story.
Erika
As a free book for Kindel, I did not expect it was so well written. But the idea of make a modern version from a traditional story like Little Red Riding Hood is bright and the result is pretty well made.

Perhaps the book lacked of a bit of surprise at the end and some depth to the characters but ultimately was pleasantly surprised.
Sheryl
I am blown away by my friend Dorlana's ability to tell a good story. It's been awhile since I finished this one, so I can't really go into the details, but I enjoyed the read very much!
Pennie
I haven't read many short stories so I don't have much in way of comparison but I will say that I enjoyed it. I look forward to reading more by Dorlana Vann.
Heather
Not bad. It was a bit fast paced as far as getting to know the characters. I enjoyed it none the less.
Heidi
Interesting story. Not well put together but you get the general idea of what is going on.
Loretta Wheeler
A frightful little tale....as it should be:)
Catherine Lehmann
Catherine Lehmann marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
CassieRose
CassieRose marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Elizabeth Macleod
Elizabeth Macleod marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Cassandra
Cassandra marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Hunter
Hunter marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Iain
Iain added it
Apr 11, 2015
Austin Yoemans
Austin Yoemans marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
  • Spider Wars (Lords of Shifters)
  • Silver-White (The Great North Woods Pack, #1)
  • Flaming Dove
  • Vengeance (The Blood Trail Chronicles, #1)
  • Twilight Forever Rising
  • Moonbeams  (Beams and Light, #1)
  • Shadowshifter
  • Dark World
  • Cry Of The Wolf (Eye Of The Storm, #2)
  • Zan (Spiritdell, #1)
  • Initiation (The Warrior, #1)
  • A Bite's Tale (A Furry Fable)
  • Rex Rising (Elei's Chronicles, #1)
  • King Solomon's Wives: Hunted
  • Echo Falls (Echo Falls, #1)
  • Jaguar Sun (Jaguar Sun, #1)
  • Blood Prophecy
  • Riley's Curse (A Moon's Glow 0.5)
The inspirations for my books and short stories are fairy tales, the supernatural, and classic romantic comedies. I have several books (teen and adult) available.
I live in Texas, near Houston, which is also the setting for my upcoming romance series The Trouble with Men. I’m very excited about the series, which will have fun, new dating terms and concepts, outrageous shenanigans, and a touch of
More about Dorlana Vann...

Supernatural Fairy Tales (2 books)
  • The Princes of Tangleforest
Jaclyn's Ghost The Princes of Tangleforest Supernatural Fairy Tales Passage to Queen Mesentia Ninja vs Pirates

“You not watching the road is making me a little jumpy.”
“No, I think city boy is scared of the woods.” She gave a quick laugh before saying, “Granny once told me she saw the devil out there. Pitchfork and all.”
“Well, if I was scared, that wouldn’t help.”
2 likes