Start by marking “A Second Chance” as Want to Read:
A Second Chance

A Second Chance

3.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  28 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Two cops who’ve lost their partners in the line of duty and life are both lonely but hesitant about beginning a relationship with someone new. Will one of them accept the others proposition to start over or remain alone because of their places on the police force?
Published July 16th 2011 by XOXO Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Second Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Second Chance

Hot Head by Damon SuedeBear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneThe Locker Room by Amy LaneFatal Shadows / A Dangerous Thing by Josh LanyonThe Dark Tide by Josh Lanyon
It's Raining Men
54th out of 150 books — 46 voters
Promises by Marie SextonCrossing Borders by Z.A. MaxfieldAll Play and No Work by Carol LynneSins of the Heart by Allison CassattaDear Diary by Allison Cassatta
GayRomLit Retreat Authors-2011
66th out of 112 books — 62 voters

More lists with this book...

Romancing the Book
Jun 11, 2012 Romancing the Book rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, m-m
Posted on Romancing the Book's blog
Reviewed by Robin
Review Copy Provided by the Author

I really liked the overall story line but was confused with the characters. I would have enjoyed seeing them developed a little more. I would have liked to maybe know a little more about Farris and Daniel.

The intense physical need between Ferris and Daniel was nice to see. Here you have two very tough cops, both having lost their partners/lovers; yet trying to get past that so that they can love once again.

Mich
ManOhMan
Dec 20, 2011 ManOhMan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Reviewed by Kerri: The first thing I liked about this story was the easy way in which the writing flowed. I'm not a fan of first person POV, but Michael Mandrake did a wonderful job and I was really drawn into the story, quickly getting a terrific feel for the two main characters.

The sex was sensual and I have to say when I was reading, it was like I was there with them. That's always a good thing in my opinion when an author is able to do that.

If you like cop storylines, great writing, and a de
Sunny Livingston
Dec 25, 2011 Sunny Livingston rated it did not like it
Veronica /  V
Sep 02, 2012 Veronica / V rated it liked it
I Loved second changes in love, and I liked this story line.
However, even when I liked it and I think Farris was a lovely character,Daniel was the most Arrogant, annoying, selfish prick I ever read.
I hope there is a sequel in which Farris kick the loser out of his life for good and find someone else who deserve him.
jules0623
Jan 09, 2013 jules0623 rated it did not like it
Shelves: relationship-m-m
Not sure what's up with the MC referring to men's body parts as being 'like a female's' which is 'just the way he likes it' twice in one scene, but it turned me right off. That and the dodgy writing and unappealing characters.
Lexi Ander
Oct 09, 2011 Lexi Ander rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

(view spoiler)
Kei Enjoji
Nov 11, 2011 Kei Enjoji rated it really liked it
A good romance always hits the spot, just wish there was more.
Scherlock
Scherlock marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2015
Amy Dufera
Amy Dufera marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2015
Jack
Jack added it
Jun 18, 2015
Zuzi
Zuzi rated it really liked it
May 26, 2015
Derynmorin1970
Derynmorin1970 marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Ty Rade
Ty Rade rated it did not like it
Jun 30, 2014
Gulkonoth
Gulkonoth rated it it was ok
Feb 12, 2014
Pepón
Pepón rated it it was ok
Jan 24, 2014
Dakota
Dakota rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2014
Elasure
Elasure rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Malachi
Malachi rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2013
Tina
Tina rated it it was ok
Aug 16, 2013
AkFa
AkFa marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2013
Skye Blue
Skye Blue marked it as to-read
May 24, 2013
Ashlee
Ashlee added it
May 07, 2013
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013
Ken Murphy
Ken Murphy rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2013
mado
mado rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2014
Tailtiu
Tailtiu rated it it was ok
Jan 19, 2013
Kellie Dennis
Kellie Dennis rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2012
Michael Mandrake pens complex characters already comfortable with their sexuality. Thorough these, he builds worlds not centered on erotica but rather the mainstream plots we might encounter in everyday life through personal experiences or the media. To find out more please visit https://michaelmandrake.wordpress.com/
More about Michael Mandrake...