Start by marking “A Second Chance” as Want to Read:
A Second Chance

A Second Chance

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Two cops who’ve lost their partners in the line of duty and life are both lonely but hesitant about beginning a relationship with someone new. Will one of them accept the others proposition to start over or remain alone because of their places on the police force?
Published July 16th 2011 by XOXO Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Second Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Second Chance

Hot Head by Damon SuedeBear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneThe Locker Room by Amy LaneAdrien English Mysteries by Josh LanyonThe Dark Tide by Josh Lanyon
It's Raining Men
52nd out of 148 books — 44 voters
Promises by Marie SextonCrossing Borders by Z.A. MaxfieldAll Play and No Work by Carol LynneSins of the Heart by Allison CassattaDear Diary by Allison Cassatta
GayRomLit Retreat Authors-2011
66th out of 112 books — 62 voters

More lists with this book...

Romancing the Book
Posted on Romancing the Book's blog
Reviewed by Robin
Review Copy Provided by the Author

I really liked the overall story line but was confused with the characters. I would have enjoyed seeing them developed a little more. I would have liked to maybe know a little more about Farris and Daniel.

The intense physical need between Ferris and Daniel was nice to see. Here you have two very tough cops, both having lost their partners/lovers; yet trying to get past that so that they can love once again.

Mich
ManOhMan
Reviewed by Kerri: The first thing I liked about this story was the easy way in which the writing flowed. I'm not a fan of first person POV, but Michael Mandrake did a wonderful job and I was really drawn into the story, quickly getting a terrific feel for the two main characters.

The sex was sensual and I have to say when I was reading, it was like I was there with them. That's always a good thing in my opinion when an author is able to do that.

If you like cop storylines, great writing, and a de
Sunny Livingston
Veronica /  V
I Loved second changes in love, and I liked this story line.
However, even when I liked it and I think Farris was a lovely character,Daniel was the most Arrogant, annoying, selfish prick I ever read.
I hope there is a sequel in which Farris kick the loser out of his life for good and find someone else who deserve him.
jules0623
Not sure what's up with the MC referring to men's body parts as being 'like a female's' which is 'just the way he likes it' twice in one scene, but it turned me right off. That and the dodgy writing and unappealing characters.
Lexi Ander
3.5 Stars

(view spoiler)
Kei Enjoji
A good romance always hits the spot, just wish there was more.
Jack
Jack added it
Jun 18, 2015
Deryncarm1970
Deryncarm1970 marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
AkFa
AkFa marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2013
Skye Blue
Skye Blue marked it as to-read
May 24, 2013
Ashlee
Ashlee added it
May 07, 2013
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013
Michael Mandrake pens complex characters already comfortable with their sexuality. Thorough these, he builds worlds not centered on erotica but rather the mainstream plots we might encounter in everyday life through personal experiences or the media. To find out more please visit https://michaelmandrake.wordpress.com/
More about Michael Mandrake...
Mon Frère, My True Love (N'awlins Exotica Paranormal, #1) I Like Em Pretty (N'awlins Exotica Series #1) Mon Amour, Forever More (N'awlins Exotica Paranormal, #2) Mon Frere, Plus One (N'awlins Exotica Paranormal #3) The True Meaning of Love