Start by marking “The Theology of Jonathan Edwards” as Want to Read:
The Theology of Jonathan Edwards

The Theology of Jonathan Edwards

4.67 of 5 stars 4.67  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Winner of the 2013 Christianity Today Book Award for Theology / Ethics
Scholars and laypersons alike regard Jonathan Edwards (1703-58) as North America's greatest theologian. The Theology of Jonathan Edwards is the most comprehensive survey of his theology yet produced and the first study to make full use of the recently-completed seventy-three-volume online edition of the
Published December 16th 2011 by Oxford University Press, USA (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Theology of Jonathan Edwards, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Theology of Jonathan Edwards

Brian Collins
Aug 31, 2012 Brian Collins marked it as to-read
Shelves: set-aside
In part one McClymond and McDermott place Edwards in his context, trace out his life and the development of his thought, and enumerate the themes that will run throughout this study. In part two they begin to look at the major concepts which shape how Edwards approached theology. The authors exhibit a good knowledge of Edwards's corpus and of the vast amount of literature that has been written about Edwards.
John
There is so much beauty in this book, and so much I can say... But for now I will just say this: The section on the Trinity and quotes from Edwards is pure gold!
I'm thankful to have a short, concise and understandable depiction of Edwards unique and beautiful vision of our Triune God... I've read over it several times, and I'm moved in new ways each read.
Jonathan Huggins
Another MUST HAVE for your Edwards collection.
Wouter
well - I only read chapters 34-35-36 (Mission, Eschatology, Other Religions). It has given me a good view of JE's tgy on these issues. No doubt this work is a must read for anyone seriously engaging JE.
Danny
A terrific analysis of America’s greatest theologian.
Erin Shumaker
Erin Shumaker marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Ben
Ben marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
JT Caldwell
JT Caldwell marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Merle
Merle marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Clay Burgess
Clay Burgess is currently reading it
Jan 10, 2015
Troy
Troy marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Austin Riley
Austin Riley marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
James
James is currently reading it
Nov 02, 2014
Larry Hubbard
Larry Hubbard marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Ben Wanamaker
Ben Wanamaker marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
James
James marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Christian
Christian marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Nate Claiborne
Nate Claiborne marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Nolan
Nolan marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Ben Aurich
Ben Aurich marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Mike E.
Mike E. is currently reading it
Jan 01, 2015
Jonathan Tomes
Jonathan Tomes marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
The Familiar Stranger: An Introduction to Jesus of Nazareth Encounters with God: An Approach to the Theology of Jonathan Edwards Familiar Stranger: An Introduction to Jesus of Nazareth (Bible in Its World) Christ In The Margins: Bible Editions And Popular Religion In America Embodying the Spirit: New Perspectives on North American Revivalism