Start by marking “The Mozza Cookbook: Recipes from Los Angeles's Favorite Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria” as Want to Read:

4.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  156 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Winner of the 2014 James Beard Award for Outstanding Chef: the top chef in the country

A traditional Italian meal is one of the most comforting—and delicious—things that anyone can enjoy. Award-winning chef Nancy Silverton has elevated that experience to a whole new level at her Los Angeles restaurants Osteria Mozza and Pizzeria Mozza, co-owned with restaurateurs Mario Bata
Published September 27th 2011 by Knopf (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Mozza Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mozza Cookbook

Victoria Allman
Apr 06, 2016 Victoria Allman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nancy Silverton is a fabulous chef that I have followed for years. Her food is exquisite and her cookbooks are beautiful.
I fell in love with the pictures in this cookbook long before I cooked a single recipe but, in cooking many of them, I was not disappointed.
I have used numerous of the recipes in this book and each and every one of them is well-written and easy to follow and execute. They all turn out really well and are super tasty.
I recently had the opportunity to dine at Mozza and was thril
Kimberly
Oct 12, 2011 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food, own-it, cookbook
Behold, my most direct and to the point review ever. Ready? Here it is:

GET THIS BOOK. Read this book. Eat from this book. Get fat. Go to yoga. Work off that fat. Eat from this book some more. Repeat.

Ms. Silverton book book is an Italian cooking masterpiece. From reading the introduction, the prep for each recipe, Nancy's explanations and the energy of a book team that is the master of their craft, this book takes your cooking to another level and inspires you to be better.

The recipe selections
Heather
Sep 21, 2015 Heather rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
the recipes are long, but silverton mentions this at the beginning anyways, so you're prepared when you dive in (so long as you read the intro). she says she hopes you won't get discouraged by the length, but i hate to claim that this did deter me (1.5 pages for a crostini or salad recipe??), even though i love to cook/bake.

the pictures were sparse (watch out, those who want a picture of everything), but the ones that were there were gorgeous. i could have stared at the buricotta with braised ar
Jude Watson
Apr 26, 2016 Jude Watson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Made several recipes - all turned out tasty! Only 4 stars because it needs more pictures, and some more thorough explanations of certain specific techniques used in the book (e.g. making orcchiette pasta).
Matt
Jan 12, 2013 Matt rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Honestly, I did not like the layout of this book at all. From the format of the font to what felt to me to be sloppy style, I simply didn't enjoy reading or using this book.

I think cook books are a bit more difficult to review because, in my mind, there are two aspects to the book itself - the writing and the recipes. The reason I say that is that to a certain extent, the writing is what makes the recipes accessible.

My challenge for me is that while I didn't have any issue with the recipes tha
Debbie
Dec 29, 2014 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks-i-own
I think if I could only have one cookbook it would be this one. With recipes for pasta, pizza and cheese what more could you want? But there's so much more. The recipes are very well-written and detailed, something you don't often see in many new cookbooks. I'm only disappointed that there aren't photos of every dish and that the photos that are in the book aren't captioned. A big pet peeve of mine.
JDAZDesigns
There are eight recipes in this book that interest me. Considering the size of the book and the cost, not worth an investment. The pictures are great - which I love in a cookbook. But over all, not one of my top ten. It lacks inventiveness.
Carolin
Feb 21, 2012 Carolin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cook-books
Great italian cookbook. Includes recipes for making cheese. well written.
Holly
Nov 19, 2011 Holly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic cookbook- easily accessible recipes that are amazing! Super yums!
Tom Tabatowski
Dec 28, 2011 Tom Tabatowski rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The pizza recipe alone is worth the price.
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Qian Cen
Qian Cen marked it as to-read
Jillyanne
Jillyanne rated it really liked it
Botzatzis Aris
Botzatzis Aris marked it as to-read
Ellie
Ellie marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Bradley Robertson
Bradley Robertson rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Suanne Brady
Suanne Brady marked it as to-read
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Wendy  Wilson
Wendy Wilson marked it as to-read
Kalen Demetrius Grant
Kalen Demetrius Grant rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Tres Fuerte
Tres Fuerte marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Omar A Mendez Jr
Omar A Mendez Jr marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Patrick Donovan
Patrick Donovan marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Jete
Jete marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Joseph Hickey
Joseph Hickey rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2016
William Burns
William Burns marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Ellie Lynn
Ellie Lynn marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Tawh Gumbino
Tawh Gumbino marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016