Start by marking “The Mozza Cookbook: Recipes from Los Angeles's Favorite Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria” as Want to Read:

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  126 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Winner of the 2014 James Beard Award for Outstanding Chef: the top chef in the country

A traditional Italian meal is one of the most comforting—and delicious—things that anyone can enjoy. Award-winning chef Nancy Silverton has elevated that experience to a whole new level at her Los Angeles restaurants Osteria Mozza and Pizzeria Mozza, co-owned with restaurateurs Mario Bata
Published September 27th 2011 by Knopf (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Mozza Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mozza Cookbook

Behold, my most direct and to the point review ever. Ready? Here it is:

GET THIS BOOK. Read this book. Eat from this book. Get fat. Go to yoga. Work off that fat. Eat from this book some more. Repeat.

Ms. Silverton book book is an Italian cooking masterpiece. From reading the introduction, the prep for each recipe, Nancy's explanations and the energy of a book team that is the master of their craft, this book takes your cooking to another level and inspires you to be better.

The recipe selections
the recipes are long, but silverton mentions this at the beginning anyways, so you're prepared when you dive in (so long as you read the intro). she says she hopes you won't get discouraged by the length, but i hate to claim that this did deter me (1.5 pages for a crostini or salad recipe??), even though i love to cook/bake.

the pictures were sparse (watch out, those who want a picture of everything), but the ones that were there were gorgeous. i could have stared at the buricotta with braised ar
Honestly, I did not like the layout of this book at all. From the format of the font to what felt to me to be sloppy style, I simply didn't enjoy reading or using this book.

I think cook books are a bit more difficult to review because, in my mind, there are two aspects to the book itself - the writing and the recipes. The reason I say that is that to a certain extent, the writing is what makes the recipes accessible.

My challenge for me is that while I didn't have any issue with the recipes tha
I think if I could only have one cookbook it would be this one. With recipes for pasta, pizza and cheese what more could you want? But there's so much more. The recipes are very well-written and detailed, something you don't often see in many new cookbooks. I'm only disappointed that there aren't photos of every dish and that the photos that are in the book aren't captioned. A big pet peeve of mine.
There are eight recipes in this book that interest me. Considering the size of the book and the cost, not worth an investment. The pictures are great - which I love in a cookbook. But over all, not one of my top ten. It lacks inventiveness.
Great italian cookbook. Includes recipes for making cheese. well written.
Fantastic cookbook- easily accessible recipes that are amazing! Super yums!
Tom Tabatowski
The pizza recipe alone is worth the price.
Jennifer S. Rubin
Jennifer S. Rubin marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Emily marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Junior marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
K. marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Brooke added it
Nov 09, 2015
Hope marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Kristin marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Amanda marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Amanda marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2015
Susan Johnston
Susan Johnston marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2015
Anika Bal
Anika Bal marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2015
Michelle marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Megan Lynn
Megan Lynn marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Ava B
Ava B marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015