Start by marking “The Temple Mount Code (Thomas Lourds, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Temple Mount Code (Thomas Lourds, #3)

The Temple Mount Code (Thomas Lourds #3)

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  826 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
An old friend summons dashing linguistics professor Thomas Lourds to Jerusalem to examine an ancient text. But Iran's Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, also wants the same document. Khamenei and many others believe that the book contains a secret that will allow its owner to rule all of Islam and wage a Global Jihad the likes of which has never been seen before.

Arriv
Published November 8th 2011 by Forge Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Temple Mount Code, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Temple Mount Code

David Schwan
Aug 20, 2014 David Schwan rated it really liked it
While this is the third book in the series this is the second one I've read (in reverse order). Professor Lourds has another wild adventure, starting in China, then Israel, Austria, Israel, Iran and back to Israel. He has a complete disregard to the fundamentals of archaeology, smashing, things open, grabbing any documents and running. The Israeli Mossad is portrayed almost as keystone cops, and the section of the story set in Austria makes it seem that rampant antisemitism is openly practiced i ...more
William Bentrim
Dec 10, 2011 William Bentrim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Temple Mount Code by Charles Brokaw

In a snap shot of current events, Thomas Lourds’ linguistic talents have landed him in another intriguing mystery. A deadly grad student, a relentless Iranian zealot and a Saudi guardian angel make up the cast of Lourds addressing a mystery that may rock the Islamic wolrd. The forces of evil marshal to thwart Lourds in solving a linguistic nightmare that purports to change the world again.

As in the Lucifer Code and Atlantis Code, Brokaw paints vivid charac
Matt
May 01, 2013 Matt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Brokaw’s third book is as good as the previous two, with as much action and excitement as the others. Creating almost two separate stories into the one book (a historical dig in China before arriving in the Holy Lands), Brokaw presents so much information in such an interesting fashion that the reader cannot help but be amazed. Obvious research, both of the archeological finds and the linguistic nuances, helps the book and its characters leap from the page. Some of the religious details leaves t ...more
David
Feb 09, 2015 David rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't finish it. After 150 pages I still couldn't get into it. First off, the beginning I find boring. The main character is involved with some discovery that really has nothing to do with the main plot. The story progresses very slowly at first, it seems to go on forever. There are way too many references to the main character previous discovery which took place in the first book, that became annoying. Thomas Lourds also isn't a love-able character to me, he seems narcissistic and arrogant, ...more
Donna Brown
Dec 24, 2014 Donna Brown rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
I would have given this a 5 except towards the end of the book the hero turns into a dick. The bad boy image with someone who has a sense of justice, fair-play, etc. is what keeps the reader engaged, along with a great plot (which this has) and the historical information provided.

They publishing company bills this as a Da Vinci code and it would have worked except...The Professor is portrayed one way -- savior, loyal, willing to do anything for a friend, good at his job, adventurous. What he lo
Dustin
Oct 09, 2012 Dustin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, so this one was better than the previous book. Although there wasn't much of a code. And most of the book had very little to do with the main plotline. It all sort of rushed together there toward the end.
Enrique Alvarez
Nov 11, 2015 Enrique Alvarez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
l loved and enjoyed the story. I felt like I was part of it. Traveling to all of the different countries, the fast pace, the action. It was a fantastic read.
Will
Apr 07, 2012 Will rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers

If there was going to be a movie made out of any of the tree Thomas Lourdes books it would probably be this one. Intense action, a very quick moving plot. Lots of sex and a surprisingly quick ending.

I enjoyed all three books in the series. This one was probably rushed a little bit to print, however don't let that discourage you. There were also plenty of references to book #2 in the series (The Atlantis Code). If you haven't read that book you will not be lost, although at least one reference to
drey
I must’ve been in the mood for a few thrillers lately, because lo and behold what appeared in the mail last month but Charles Brokaw’s The Temple Mount Code?

drey’s thoughts:

Charles Brokaw is a new-to-me author, and now that I’ve read The Temple Mount Code I think I’ll check out his backlist! Thomas Lourds is a modern-day Indiana Jones, making a name for himself finding lost treasures of the world. Before we even get to the meat of this story, he’s flitted from Henan Province in China to a long-f
Michelle
Simply put, The Temple Mount Code is one of those forgettable conspiracy thrillers that are inexplicably popular while simultaneously trivializing all of the excellent thrillers that do exist. Thomas Lourds is the most awful type of protagonist – cocky, headstrong, self-righteous, smarmy, and slightly misogynistic in his relationships with women. For Charles Brokaw fans, this third Lourds novel follows the same formula as the previous two. Lourds finds something big through his unsurpassed lingu ...more
Helen
Dec 02, 2011 Helen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Temple Mount Code is a thriller. Charles Brokaw, who wrote The Temple Mount Code, is a New York Times bestselling author. This is the third in Brokaw’s “Code” series. Before this, he wrote The Atlantis Code and The Lucifer Code. But this is the first book I’ve read by him.

The story starts off with Professor Thomas Lourds heading to a dig in China. He’s not there very long, just long enough to make a discovery, before he heads off to Jerusalem at the request of a friend. And from there to the
Arwa Abdulkhaliq
Oct 11, 2011 Arwa Abdulkhaliq rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
pheeew! I can't believe I'm done reading this book! I'm speechless can't even describe it!
1st of All.. I wanna correct something.. Ismael is the son of Ibraham not Isaac as the Author said! the second thing is.. the author knows absolutely nothing about Islam! His info was lame! and the way he described Islam in this book was the lamest thing ever! they're nothing such a thing called Mohammed's Koraan! no scroll! Allah has never forbid wine for that lame reason! and Islaam needs no scroll or wha
S.W.
Apr 30, 2012 S.W. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
This book is the third in the Thomas Lourds series. I have read the first, somehow skipped the second, and have now read this one.
I find the style of writing is an enjoyable read which kept me interested and wanting to read more.
Sometimes this genre can become overcomplicated with secret societies, tangled webs of historical events etc. which can sometimes distract a reader from the current story. I know that some may (including me at times) find this complexity alluring and part of the fun of
Claude Dancourt
Apr 15, 2015 Claude Dancourt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite some gaps, and the obvious failure at 'romancing' the characters, I like it. It was fast paced, with several twists I wasn't expecting. A nice one for those who like the genre.

Even if this book is part of a series, it can be read as a stand alone.
Rosalyn
Jan 21, 2015 Rosalyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book and the earlier ones. Good story that kept me reading
Mark Lin
Very weak ending, almost as if the author just ran out of words.
Sarahkmartinuk
May 10, 2014 Sarahkmartinuk rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Was looking forward to reading this as I have read 2 other novels of this author. Couldn't get into this one and didn't finish it unfortunately.
Katie
Aug 09, 2013 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
Reminded me a little of the National Treasure movies. Professor Thomas Lourds is an linguists and archaeologist off in the Himalayas when his friend Professor Lev Strauss calls for his help. Lev is on the trail of Mohammad's lost Koran and Scroll. Many nations and secret organizations get involved. The ending, as can be expected, is a bit unbelievable but the story is fast paced.
Stephen
Dec 19, 2014 Stephen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was not quite what I thought it would be. I was expecting some kind of Jewish, Ark of the Covenant, Treasures of Masada, etc. story. Instead it dealt with some lost works of Mohammed and the Isrealis trying to keep it out of Ayatollah Khomeni's hands. Pretty good use of the twist in the subject.
Sophie
Jul 11, 2012 Sophie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would've given this more, the plot wasn't bad, and the language was fairly engaging. However, making the main character a Lothario type just didn't do it for me. It added very little to the story and screwed up the dynamic slightly. Otherwise though, i'd read this author again.
Sonya Desilva
May 28, 2013 Sonya Desilva rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Similar in theme to DaVinci but less conspiracy laced. Not great but since I am willing to go back and read the previous books in the series to see what some of the references were about to Atlantis, I figure I will give it a 4....probably more a 3 1/2 if it was an option.
Laurence
The novel had a decent storyline but wasn't exceptional by any means. There are other better examples from the same genre. Like his other works the story is good but slightly predictable at times and lacks the firepower to really stretch the reader.
Lisa
Mar 10, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series was sent to my Kindle by a friend. I only go there when I run out of physical books. But I wish I had started it earlier. An excellent series, think Indiana Jones or Clive Cussler. Enjoy the whole series, but in order is better.
Nigel
Jan 13, 2012 Nigel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again Thomas Lourdes saves the world from disaster and discovers another lost language and manages to fall into bed with all his female associates, great story if a little drawn out with some detailed dialogue.
J
Dec 10, 2011 J rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
and one half

An easy, fast paced read that is hard to put down.

Every time that Thomas Lourds gets out of trouble, in two more pages, he is back in trouble. Can't this guy see what is ahead.

Vicki Papworth
Aug 17, 2012 Vicki Papworth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really liked this, Thomas Lourdes is a bit like Robert Langdon from The DaVinci code. Got a few of these humble scientist meets bad guys and saves the day...............again. Love It!
Kegan May
Jul 17, 2013 Kegan May rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Although I enjoyed the story, and the theme of this story. I do not think I am going to turn around and read the rest of this series. I just could not get the hooks dug into my mind.
Deb
Jan 04, 2012 Deb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced, with (amazingly) the plot being wrapped up in the last 20 pages of the book. Is there a female character that Lourds doesn't bed down with?
John Hanscom
Dec 18, 2012 John Hanscom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Somewhere between 3 1/2 and four. As with a James Biond movie, I have to suspend logic, as tere an awfully lot of coincidences, but, nevertheless, it was fun.
  • The Eden Legacy (Daniel Knox, #4)
  • The Gods Of Atlantis (Jack Howard, #6)
  • The Roswell Conspiracy (Tyler Locke, #3)
  • The Lazarus Vault
  • The Messiah Secret (Chris Bronson, #3)
  • The Sacred Blood
  • Temple Of The Gods (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #8)
  • The Dead Sea Deception (Leo Tillman & Heather Kennedy, #1)
  • The Babylon Rite
  • Ark of Fire (Caedmon Aisquith, #1)
  • The Prophecy (Payne & Jones, #5)
  • The Turin Shroud Secret
  • The Atlantis Revelation (Conrad Yeats Adventure, #3)
  • Black Sun (Hawker & Laidlaw, #2)
Charles Brokaw is a pseudonym for an author, academic, and college educator living in the Midwest. He’s had a rich and varied life, and is fascinated by history, human accomplishment, and archeology. He began the book The Atlantis Code after seeing an article in a scholarly journal. The piece featured a satellite photo, and pointed out ruins visible in Spain which matched closely the description o ...more
More about Charles Brokaw...

Thomas Lourds (4 books)
  • The Atlantis Code (Thomas Lourds, #1)
  • The Lucifer Code (Thomas Lourds, #2)
  • The Oracle Code (Thomas Lourds, #4)