Till Death Do Us Bark: A Dog Walker Mystery

Till Death Do Us Bark: A Dog Walker Mystery (Dog Walker Mysteries #5)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  221 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Professional dog walker Ellie Engleman may have a psychic connection with dogs, but she was hoping she would not get roped into dealing with the wet-nosed guests at the Hamptons wedding she's been invited to. But soon she's chasing her tail over trouble of the two-legged variety. Before the bride can say, "I do," someone is murdered. And Ellie and her yorkiepoo Rudy must p...more
Published August 1st 2011 by New American Library

Crystal
Been busy so it took me a while to finish. But as usual it was another fun read. I love Ellie, Rudy, Viv and T they all have such great personality and a knack for sniffing out those clues.
Suspense Magazine
Ellie Engleman has a job any canine lover would, well, kill for. She’s a professional dog walker in Manhattan. But Ellie doesn’t just walk dogs. She talks to them, too. Okay, I admit that may not seem unusual. Don’t lots of us do that? The difference is that the dogs talk back to Ellie, particularly her “main man,” Rudy, a Yorkiepoo with a smart mouth who’s fiercely protective of his mistress.
In “Till Death Do Us Bark,” the latest book in the Dog Walker mystery series, Ellie and Rudy are invite...more
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
I found myself liking this book the best, so far, in the series. It was about taking a summer vacation but, due to a murder, not taking the vacation. Sounds predictable and at times it was, however, in many ways, it felt credible and not contrived.

Our sleuth, Ellie Engleman, a dog walker with the ability to talk with dogs, goes on a vacation with her best friend, Vivian to the Hamptons. The reasoning behind choosing the Hamptons is Vivian's eldest sister is getting married.

The to-be groom gets...more
Roxann
Again, here is a series that I hadn't heard of before and I start on number 5.

The main character, Ellie Engleman, a dog walker with the ability to talk with dogs. She goes on a vacation with her best friend, Vivian to the Hamptons. She is also attendi...more
Sara
As a dog-lover, I so enjoy this series! The "conversations" between Ellie and the dogs are always entertaining, and in this installment Rudy and Twink are more involved than ever in the investigation; Mr. T's commentary at times is priceless. The addition of a crazy bird with a talent for mimicry provides several laugh-out-loud moments (for this reader, anyway!).

Ellie and Viv head to the chi-chi Hamptons for the wedding of Viv's sister Arlene. The groom is late for the pre-wedding party....and...more
Kaye
Ellie Engleman is a dogwalker in New York City with a special talent, she can hear what the dogs are saying. She and her yorkipoo Rudy are getting the opportunity to head for the Hampton's and the beach for the weekend with her best friend Viv and her terrier (that's Mr. T to you) for the wedding of Viv's sister. Dogs are also invited to the festivities, which ought to liven everything up. When Ellie and Viv arrive they find that the wedding planner quit suddenly and that not everything is going...more
Myhotstylist
5th in series, and a slight dissapointment. Ellie is vacationing with her BFF Vivian in the Hamptons for a week, to support Viv while her sister Arlene ties the knot. But during a family celebration, the groom is murdered. When the hired helps' son is arrested and accused of murder, Vivian and her family beg Ellie to help them solve the case.

I was only dissapointed mainly because Sam is not included much aside from a few phone calls, and Ellie is not in her element in Manhatten and shes not wal...more
Jeannie L
The setting for this book is different from her other books in Dog Walker series. I enjoyed it as much as all the other books in the series. I loved that Vivian and Mr T got involved helping out with murder solving. And needless to say, Myron that African Gray was just hilarious. Be sure to expect the unexpected from that bird.

As always, I simply love the humor that is in all the Dog Walker books; Rudy and his smarty comments, Ellie and her situation with that bronzer totally cracked me up, her...more
Carol Gibson
I did not enjoy this book as much as the other in the series. Several things really bothered me. While the author is pretty up to date on what is good for dogs it seems she did not bother to do any research on the parrot she added to the story.

As a bird breeder it shocked me that she had them giving the African Gray M&M s as a treat. Chocolate is just as bad for birds as it is for dogs. Second the poor bird was kept on a perch on a patio. That is a very dangerous situation since even with cl...more
I enjoyed the change of venue this book presented. Our dog walking heroine managed to combine being "on vacation" and still help out her friends, though maybe she wasn't as adept at solving the puzzle as she might have been. I enjoyed the difference in location, addition of peripheral characters, and found Myron, the African Grey, quite entertaining (he was also a helpful witness, for those of us who bothered to listen rather than being annoyed at his input). Ellie Engleman has hit her stride an...more
Mandyfujita
Ellie Engleman is on vacation with her friend Vivian. They are attending a wedding in the Hampton's for Vivian's older sister, Arlene. Arlene's fiance is found dead at the rehearsal dinner and the housekeeper's son is arrested. Ellie tries to stay out of the investigation, but her best friend Vivian asks her to help solve the mystery. Rudy is there to help along.

I thought there was not much happening in the book. I think Ellie kept whinning about not getting involved. It kind of turned me off...more
Sherry
I couldn't wait to finish this book! I liked it almost as much as my favorite, "Heir of the Dog." There are a lot of laugh-out-loud moments and the parrot, Myron, is hysterical! I wish he could be in another one of Judi's books in this series.

Of course, Rudy always comes up with his smart aleck remarks in just the right places and Ellie gets herself into trouble with the law. I just plain out love these dog walker books and wish I had another one to read,
but I'll just have to wait until March 20...more
Janet
A tightly written little book, though I found myself disappointed that Ellie and the Boston Terriers didn’t have more of a bond. I think I’m getting toward the end of my affection for amateur detective fiction right now. Not just because of Ellie (indeed, she’s one of the least aggravating), but the genre as a whole is starting to annoy me. I can only take so much of the average citizen deciding they’re smarter than the cops and setting out to prove it (usually with a giant chip on their shoulde...more
Joyce
What a new twist to a mystery. Ellie can talk with dogs and after the first few chapters it just keeps getting better and better. The pooches help her with solving the murder that her police boyfriend wishes she would stay away from. This was a fun and easy read, like McCoy's style of writing and looking forward to finding more books in the series to read!
Danielle
One of the dog walker's books at its best. Ellie goes on her first vacation in years, only to find herself in the middle of a murder. Her best friend and their dogs go along to the Hamptons for a week for her sister's wedding, only the groom never gets a chance to make it to the alter.
Deborah
...another cute and light mystery in the Dog Walker Mystery series by Judi. Enjoyable. And found the irony in the book as there is a big hurricane that hits...all while I was reading during Hurrican Irene. LOL!
Jakenv
Always find a mystery with animals enjoyable. This was no exception. Enjoy authors style and creative approach. Found this to be one of McCoy's fun reads. Looking for some light fun read on with author.
Gaynol
What can i say? I'm a sucker for a book in which the heroine talks to her dog. Loved the details about the Hamptons and enjoyed the mystery. Sign me up for the next one!
Caroline
Pretty good entry in this series. A bit of a change up because Ellie is on vacation so not constantly walking dogs like she is at home. Nice change of pace.
Bj Hoover
Bought this book from Judi McCoy at a conference and was impressed by her dedication to animal welfare. This book is great fun and is a good light read.
Lori Mitchell Myers
Liked this book. This was a little different as it didn't take place in the city like the rest of them. Still a good read, though.
Dawn
Love this series. It is fast, easy reading and so much fun. The dogs' thoughts and conversations crack me up.
Kristin
Why do I keep reading this series? Someone stop me next time I grab a book from this series.
Anne-Kathrine
Enjoyed this book in the series and wait for the enxt one to come out!
Karin
Another cute on in this series. It wasn't who I thought, but I was close. :-)
Carol
A dog walker solving mysteries. Always interesting.

Love all of her books.
NVTony
Another animal mystery which I enjoyed. Author knows her dogs.
Darlene Griffin
Read it some time ago, really great book.
Harvee
I rated this 3.5/5. Entertaining cozy.
  • Finger Lickin' Dead (A Memphis BBQ Mystery #2)
  • Foul Play at the PTA  (Beth Kennedy #2)
  • Gaits of Heaven (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #17)
  • Lead-Pipe Cinch (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #2)
  • Cut to the Corpse (A Decoupage Mystery, #2)
  • Beaglemania (Pet Rescue Mystery, #1)
  • Ink Flamingos (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #4)
  • Polished Off (Southern Beauty Shop, #2)
  • Silent Auction (A Josie Prescott Antiques Mystery #5)
  • Formula for Murder (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #3)
  • Getting Old Is to Die For (Gladdy Gold, #4)
  • Bitter Harvest (Orchard, #5)
  • Murder on the Bride's Side (An Elizabeth Parker Mystery #2)
  • How to Host a Killer Party (Party Planning, #1)
  • A Killing in Antiques (Lucy St. Elmo Antiques, #1)
  • Scoop to Kill (A Mystery a La Mode, #2)
  • Night of the Living Dandelion (A Flower Shop Mystery, #11)
  • If Fried Chicken Could Fly (Gram’s Country Cooking School Mystery #1)
Passed away Feb. 19, 2012
More about Judi McCoy...
Hounding the Pavement (Dog Walker Mysteries, #1) Heir of the Dog (Dog Walker Mysteries, #2) Death in Show (Dog Walker Mysteries, #3) Begging for Trouble (Dog Walker Mysteries, #4) Fashion Faux Paw (Dog Walker Mysteries, #6)